Neil Peart Dead at 67

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012
Bob, musicians are just not interested in good sound. They hear it in their head. It's the making of the music that matters most.
A few musicians have audiophile set ups. Henry Rollins has a an impressive system with Wilson XLF's.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Bob, musicians are just not interested in good sound. They hear it in their head. It's the making of the music that matters most.

I agree with you Marc. Many musicians they just want to sell records, to pack houses.
And you have everyone else, they don't sell but they sound better, some.

I know musicians with very simple sound systems in their homes, less than a thousand bucks.
I bet if we would do a survey that it would be extra fascinating to discover which musicians care about sounds more than others. But then, no two musicians have the same view about what good sound is @ home from a stereo hi-fi system.

Are there more analog audiophile musicians or more digital audiopile musicians?
If rushed to answer I'd be lost.

Last edited:

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
Look what came in today! Hand signed by the artist Thomas Estrada. Many dont know who he is especially outside the US. Those that know who Rat Fink is however you have seen his art work as he is an authorized artist for Big Daddy Ed Roth (RIP). His resume runs deep with Disney also. Shameless plug, gobs of talent! https://www.artofthomasestrada.com Check him out there might be something in there for your music room. He communicates one one one through your purchase, class act.

20200130_190055.jpg 20200130_190131.jpg 20200130_190112.jpg

Last edited:

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Darren, thanks so much for posting this at my request. Such a poignant piece, seems so much in keeping w the man. Reminds me why I became such a fan in the first place.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
This is one of the most heartfelt articles about anybody that I've ever read. It's striking how the family, band and immediate circle, in this age of maximum confessionals and disclosure, kept a near-total lid on Neil's condition and progress. They're to be totally commended while so much of rock'n'roll and Hollywood lives for social media.
I for one am really heartened that Neil apparently didn't suffer great physical pain, despite the great anguish he'd have felt w the slipping of his cognitive skills.
The anecdote of him retiring to become part time librarian volunteer in his young daughter's school is absolutely fantastic.
Neil was a bit of a role model to me when I was younger, but I slightly drifted away from him in the last couple of decades. It's taken his death and fantastic articles like this to get me to reconnect.

Last edited:

stehno

Jul 5, 2014
Salem, OR

In 1975 I saw a new band named KISS open up for a ZZ Top concert. Fell asleep 20 min into ZZ Top. But I digress. In 1976 I saw a new band named RUSH open up for a KISS concert.

Neil was quite the performer and entertainer extraordinaire. In fact, a 1-man band whenever the spirit moved him it seemed and then deliver a performance that steals the show. Incredible talent.

gshelley

Member Sponsor
Jan 10, 2011
Austin, TX
I saw RUSH in Phoenix 1979- great show, of course. Took my wife to see them in Austin on their Clockwork Angels tour. They sounded as good and strong as ever.

The article was good. A bit sad that Neil was never truly comfortable in the public eye. The Netflix movie on their history is really good and provides a lot of context for their enduring success.

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
Great read thank you.
I have seen them almost every tour since Moving Pictures, last time being Time Machine tour and they played a few songs off their "New album coming out soon"
Even got the set list from the guy running the soundboard.
Really wish I could have been there at the last show at the Forum as I have so many great concert memories there growing up. The place sounded like shit though.

1610342024960.png

Last edited:
Reactions: jeff1225

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
Reactions: SCAudiophile

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
I won't run FB, is there another way to see this?

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
I won't run FB, is there another way to see this?
could not find it out side it. you need to watch it, its just him raw, by himself, not part of a show, no bandmates playing with him, just him by himself. You dont see that very often from him.
Quit being a stick in the mud lol, you control your content, if you dont want to get political then dont. Lots of cool concert footage billions of audio groups all kinds of stuff.
Me I get political as F&%$ at times but there is so much cool stuff on there.
get a streamer and a FB on the same day and blow us all away.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing