New Accuphase E-800 50th Anniversary Integrated

Nemal1

Dec 9, 2018
I’ve had their Dp-70, Dp-85 and 900/901 previously and they really build excellent stuff. Never tried their amplifiers though.
My only (really minor) issue is their gold finish which can look a bit out of place with the usual silver/black.

Reactions: Nascimento

soundman

Nov 2, 2023
Madison, Wisconsin
Santa Claus was generous to me, yesterday I received my Accuphase E-800, I heard very little, but I am very excited about the equipment!

View attachment 72579
Since you have Levinson separates and the new E-800 Would you be kind enought to share in a general sense how the two are similar and different? I am asking because I am looking at the Accuphase E-4000 and a ML 585.5. Thank you

Nascimento

Aug 12, 2016
Brasil
Since you have Levinson separates and the new E-800 Would you be kind enought to share in a general sense how the two are similar and different? I am asking because I am looking at the Accuphase E-4000 and a ML 585.5. Thank you
Please forgive me for the delay in responding!
As I haven't heard the Accuphase E-4000 or the ML 585.5 yet, it's difficult to answer, but I'd say they're both very good!
One thing is for sure, with the E-800 Accuphase breaking an old tradition of a “sweet” sound loaded in the mids, I feel that the E-800 is more contemporary, a little less “warm” and a little precise, without being analytical!
I don't know how much ML has changed in recent years!
Hope this helps!

soundman

Nov 2, 2023
Madison, Wisconsin
Please forgive me for the delay in responding!
As I haven't heard the Accuphase E-4000 or the ML 585.5 yet, it's difficult to answer, but I'd say they're both very good!
One thing is for sure, with the E-800 Accuphase breaking an old tradition of a “sweet” sound loaded in the mids, I feel that the E-800 is more contemporary, a little less “warm” and a little precise, without being analytical!
I don't know how much ML has changed in recent years!
Hope this helps!
No need to apologize at all for "bad English" I don't understand how anything you have said could have caused you problems or seemed offensive in any way; here I think you will enjoy this: https://www.audioguarida.com/top_ten_integrados/

• Haha

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing