New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Rockets blowing out the Warriors by 20+ middle of the 4th and Kerr has thrown in the towel. Green looks awkward with 0 points in 20 minutes, and KD has only 20 points. I heard that Klay had told them in the locker that 'we are the only ones that can beat ourselves." Chemistry is it. And Houston, proving the 'chemistry by subtraction' will have won 3 straight games since taking out Melo out of the team.

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Nothing lasts forever.....looks like the Warriors are finally coming back down to Earth.

They had a great run!

Regarding Melo, he is bad karma.

Never forgave him for quitting on the Nuggets during their playoff series against the Clippers in 2006. He just moped his way up and down the court. Once I saw that I knew what kind of guy he was.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Those scrappy Clippers won another close game, beating the Spurs 116 - 111.

Nice win, doc Is putting it all together. They have a better record than the Celtics.

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
I think Doc is doing some of his best coaching and he has a bunch of players willing to listen and work together. Must beat the heck out of trying to contend with the massive egos of CP3, Blake and DJ.

I have no delusions about the Clippers this year. I'll be happy if they keep playing hard and finish in the vicinity of .500. Reminds me a bit of the old days with the Clippers when every win was exciting.

I wouldn't worry about the Celtics. Boston will be a strong contender in the Eastern Conference going forward no doubt.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Fantastic game and great finish by the Celtics. Great D down the end to control Kawhi, and a masterpiece performance by Irving. Hayward helped down the stretch and slowly he is feeling it, hitting clutch shots down the line. Ibaka is really something, so is Siakiam, who I only know of this season.

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Kyrie had a heck of a game - 43 points and 11 assists.

Nice win over your primary challenger in the East.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Kyrie had a heck of a game - 43 points and 11 assists.

Nice win over your primary challenger in the East.

Yes, Toronto is the top team now in the East, but as I was telling my son during the game, once Hayward gets his minutes and 20 ppg average, Boston will be a very potent team down the season. Tonight Hayward has his most minutes as a C, 39 minutes. And his shooting is very reliable unlike Brown, Rozier and of course, Smart. Philly is solid with their Big 3 of Embiid, Simmons and Butler. Very interesting in the East, who would have thought it would turn out this way after the flight of LeBron.

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
I was there. The game was just sensational, and watching Irving live was just the spectacle - reminded me of Larry Bird tonight; top form, unstoppable, he wowed everyone

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I was there. The game was just sensational, and watching Irving live was just the spectacle - reminded me of Larry Bird tonight; top form, unstoppable, he wowed everyone

Hi Tasos. Great to see you here. The Garden must be rocking for this game. That's what we need, an unstoppable scorer. Wish I was there.

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
Hi Phil, yeah the crowd was going wild in the end. Kyrie's precision was just jaw dropping, really awe inspiring!

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Hi Phil, yeah the crowd was going wild in the end. Kyrie's precision was just jaw dropping, really awe inspiring!

Indeed it was. Now I'm dreaming of watching a live game next year.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I just came from my wife's family reunion and I found out there were 4 guys who are NBA fans. They were telling me all the crazy rumors of Kd going to the Lakers or Celtics next year due to the conflict with Green. And Kawhi joining the Lakers to team with LeBron and Durant.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Celtics lost to Utah, twice now, looks like they got some motivation from Hayward's departure.

Saw some highlights of Luca Doncic. Wow this guy is strong and confident. 24 points in Mavs win over the depleted Warriors.

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Clippers beat the Nets last night in Brooklyn. Their record now stands at 10 - 5.

That is astounding to me.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Clippers beat the Nets last night in Brooklyn. Their record now stands at 10 - 5.

That is astounding to me.

Must be the Jerry West effect. :)

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
woke up this morning and checked the standings in the West. I had to rub my eyes as Portland and Clippers are in the 1-2 position. The blowout between KD and Green, Green's toe and Steph's groin plus a statement coming from an unnamed player on the team that says KD is as good as gone next year hangs a cloud over the thought of a "3 peat"

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing