New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Thrilling game in Washington, Celtics visiting. The cheers of the crowd after a Celtics basket is as loud as the Wizards' and at the end of the game with Kyrie icing the game with 2 free throws, the crowd, in DC, started to chant MVP MVP. Masterful performance by Kyrie, nailing 2 treys near the end of OT to secure the win. IT was a tight game, a game that could test your eyes with the 2 Morris twins playing on different camps.

There was always a lot of green in the crowd when the Clippers played the Celtics at Staples. Celtics fans are everywhere.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Raptors not easy to be rapped. Impressive win even without Leonard.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Looking at the Western standings, I'm surprised to see that if the season ended today, these teams will not be in the playoffs: Blazers, Spurs, Rockets, Wolves, Pelicans and the Jazz. The only one remaining that is not surprising is the Suns.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
I had not seen that video. Thanks for the link.

No doubt the Clippers are a much different organization than in the Sterling era. They have high level professionals on staff throughout the organization and an enthusiastic owner who can match wallets with any other NBA owner.

Now, whether they can sign these two premier free agents is another question. Durant and Leonard are not without their issues, too. However, I do expect that the Clippers will be a different and improved team after this summer.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Just saw a clip of Undisputed on FS1 wherein Skip Bayless pointed out the Toronto's record without Kawhi this season is 7-1 and all 7 wins were on the road, by an average of 19 points. In a way he is putting down the importance of Kawhi and saying the heart and soul of the Raptors is Kyle Lowry. Well, Lowry almost always disappears come playoff time and it is Kawhi who is the money man during these times. And if these 2 really come up big in the playoffs, they are going to be very hard to beat.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

Steve Williams

After watching several games this year with the Nuggets and then watching them beat OKC yesterday, I believe Denver is one of the teams to beat in the West. They are that good

Meanwhile Warriors are back in 1st in the West

Steve Williams

Last night's Lakers game provided a bit of history in their win

From NBA.com

LeBron and Lonzo made history side by side on Saturday.

Triple-doubles are rare enough. Even rarer is the air in which two teammates accomplish the feat on the same night.

That's what happened in Charlotte on Saturday, where LeBron James (24 points, 12 rebounds, 11 assists) and Lonzo Ball (16 points, 10 rebounds, 10 assists) each logged a triple-double in L.A.'s 128-100 rout over the Hornets.

The Laker duo becomes just the eighth set of teammates in NBA history to earn triple-doubles in the same game. Jason Kidd and Vince Carter were the most recent teammates to accomplish the feat, having done so on April 7, 2007. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar and Magic Johnson did it for the Lakers in 1982.

The complete list -

Lakers vs. Hornets, Dec. 2018: LeBron James (24 points, 12 rebounds, 11 assists), Lonzo Ball (16 points, 10 rebounds, 10 assists).

Nets vs. Wizards, April 2007: Vince Carter (46 points, 16 rebounds, 10 assists), Jason Kidd (10 points, 16 rebounds, 18 assists).

Clippers vs. Bulls, Jan. 1989: Michael Jordan (41 points, 10 rebounds, 11 assists), Scottie Pippen (15 points, 10 rebounds, 12 assists))

Celtics vs. 76ers, March 1987: Larry Bird 17 points, 13 rebounds, 12 assists), Robert Parrish (14 points, 10 rebounds, 10 assists).

Lakers vs. Pistons, Dec. 1982: Magic Johnson (26 points, 16 rebounds, 12 assists), Kareem Abdul-Jabbar 19 points, 10 rebounds, 10 blocks).

SuperSonics vs. Rockets, March 1969: Lenny Wilkens (36 points, 14 rebounds, 14 assists), Art Harris (14 points, 10 rebounds, 10 assists).

Pistons vs. Knicks. March 1964: Ray Scott (23 points, 20 rebounds, 11 assists), Donnie Butcher (19 points, 15 rebounds, 15 assists).

Royals vs. Warriors, Jan. 1962: Oscar Robertson (28 points, 14 rebounds, 16 assists), Bucky Buckhorn (19 points, 10 rebounds, 12 assists)

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Nuggets are really good. Explosive, young and they can run. Plus 2 solid bigs in Jokic and Plumlee, they can hammer the boards. Murray is a great shooter. I thought Toronto would run away in the 3rd by Nuggets made a big run the 4th.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
The power of the trey. I noticed in Nuggets Raptors game both camps were letting fly their 3s though they were missing like 3 or 4 in row yet they keep their 3 guns blazing. Finally, when the Nuggets started to connect their 3s in the fourth, they pulled ahead, and Toronto continued to throw bricks at their 3 point line. So now it dawned on me this present game will be won by the 3 ball as shown in Kyrie's trey in the Cav win over the Warriors in Game 7. And on 2 consecutive years, KD drilled his treys in pivotal wins over the Cavs almost from same spot. The low percentage shot that was the outside shot many years ago is now the winning shot, and coaches are not chewing out players for throwing 3s even when just need 2 points.

Steve Williams

Watching the Lakers lose to the Wizards made me wonder which Lakers team showed up for the game. It wasn't the one the night before who played so well

It is apparent to me that LeBron has been instrumental in where the Lakers are in the standings now. Having said that LeBron is not going to lead the Lakers alone to the finals. He is a superstar who IMO has passed his prime. He shows moments of greatness, yet you put him at the free throw line and he throws up 2 bricks. His free throws this year suck.
Le Bron's performance this year reminds me exactly how Kobe performed in the last several years of his final contract. He wasn't much better than LeBron with brief moments of greatness hampered by serious injuries as he played out a very expensive contract and the Lakers became horrible for the past 5-6 years

As for the Lakers, I love the young group of kids. Lonzo has matured and is making a bunch of three's as well as KCP who is rumored to be traded to bring in a superstar to help LeBron. I don't believe this will happen and if it does it will break up the chemistry that this young team has developed

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Watching the Lakers lose to the Wizards made me wonder which Lakers team showed up for the game. It wasn't the one the night before who played so well

It is apparent to me that LeBron has been instrumental in where the Lakers are in the standings now. Having said that LeBron is not going to lead the Lakers alone to the finals. He is a superstar who IMO has passed his prime. He shows moments of greatness, yet you put him at the free throw line and he throws up 2 bricks. His free throws this year suck.
Le Bron's performance this year reminds me exactly how Kobe performed in the last several years of his final contract. He wasn't much better than LeBron with brief moments of greatness hampered by serious injuries as he played out a very expensive contract and the Lakers became horrible for the past 5-6 years

As for the Lakers, I love the young group of kids. Lonzo has matured and is making a bunch of three's as well as KCP who is rumored to be traded to bring in a superstar to help LeBron. I don't believe this will happen and if it does it will break up the chemistry that this young team has developed

When I read the 1st sentence in your 2nd paragraph I thought you were starting to come around on LeBron....alas it was not so. To compare him to Kobe's last couple of years - I don't think he is close to that level yet.

Lonzo's dad has opted to remain mostly so far this season. That increases Lonzo's value to the team. :)

The Lakers have looked better than the Clippers over the past few games and are ahead of LAC in the standings now.

Steve Williams

I have come around to LeBron and he has his continued moments of greatness as well as how he has helped the younger team mates

As stated Lonzo was not a favorite of mine last year and I had no heart burn if he were traded. This year however is a different story as he is playing long ball rather well.Le Bron continues in clutch moments to miss free throws Last I looked he was shooting under 70% from the line.

Jeannie Buss will make back her $138M but honestly the team as is is not going to the NBA finals and next year he is a year older. That is what happened to Kobe

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Were it my decision for the Lakers, I 'd sit tight this season and look to make my moves this summer.....unless some incredible deal presents itself during this season.

Changing gears, poor Austin Rivers was traded to the Suns. It was strange when Trevor Ariza signed with Phoenix in the offseason and he didn't last very long with the Suns.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing