New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Clippers play the Warriors on Friday.

Just heard it will be Demarcus Cousins first game this season.

That will give the Warriors 5 All Stars on the court at one time.

Should be a good game. Clippers could pull an upset as a new guy always ruin chemistry. :)

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
I watched the end of the game. Thought the Lakers we're beaten when OKC forced OT. Not so, the young Lakers put the game away. Nice win.

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Clippers made a game of it against the Warriors....for about 2 1/2 quarters. They lost 112 - 94.

Boogie Cousins was on the floor for the first time this season and he looked good. He has adapted to the Warriors style and hit three 3 point shots.

I didn't like Cousins when he played for Sacramento - he was always a bit nasty against the Clippers - but have respect for the way he has worked his way back from his achilles injury.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Bitter loss for the Lakers in Houston last night 138-134 as they once again squander a 21 point led and up 18 at the half only to have the Rockets tie the game on the last play of regulation on a desperation 3 that hit nothing but net. OT Rockets get their first lead and hang on to win.

Lakers were making a bunch of 3's but Rockets were making more on over 70 attempts

Lonzo goes down in the first half with a badly rolled left ankle and was unable to walk. Without Lonzo the Lakers lead evaporated in the second half. Even Luke was ejected for arguing with the Ref

Kuzma played a terrific game for the Lakers

Injuries have killed the Lakers in the past 4 weeks

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
The Lakers are piling up the injuries. Hate to see that for any team.

They did take the Rockets to OT with 3 key players out - not the same as a win but still a gutty performance by a young team.

Kuzma is becoming a very good player. Have to like him.

Hope Ball's injury isn't too bad.

Steve Williams

as great as the Rockets were when they outlasted the Lakers they stunk tonight in Philadelphia and lost big

It shows that no matter how great Harden is, you can't win games when he outscores the rest of his team

Steve Williams

Speaking of losing big, the Lakers have lost Ball for 4-6 weeks. LeBron isn't coming back any time soon and Rondo is still sidelined

Playing the Warriors last night was a comedy to watch as the Warriors now have Cousins in the lineup. They were clicking on every cylinder and Klay Thompson literally shot out the lights in the 3rd period

Lots of terrific teams in the East this year so many will challenge but watching the warriors last night makes me wonder how anyone will beat them

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Speaking of losing big, the Lakers have lost Ball for 4-6 weeks. LeBron isn't coming back any time soon and Rondo is still sidelined

Playing the Warriors last night was a comedy to watch as the Warriors now have Cousins in the lineup. They were clicking on every cylinder and Klay Thompson literally shot out the lights in the 3rd period

Lots of terrific teams in the East this year so many will challenge but watching the warriors last night makes me wonder how anyone will beat them

Indeed Steve, it's a nuclear first five, the last of which I recall was the Lakers' Kobe, Malone, Shaq, Payton and Horace Grant. My son said with the fully healthy and mobile Cousins, it's just not fair. Just hand them the title. Major upgrade from Zaza Pachulia or Bogut. The 3-peat is coming.

Steve Williams

Indeed Steve, it's a nuclear first five, the last of which I recall was the Lakers' Kobe, Malone, Shaq, Payton and Horace Grant. My son said with the fully healthy and mobile Cousins, it's just not fair. Just hand them the title. Major upgrade from Zaza Pachulia or Bogut. The 3-peat is coming.
Milwaukee IMO look like strong contenders in the east

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Clippers lost to the Mavericks. How does a team beat San Antonio and then lose to Dallas?

Regarding Boogie and the Warriors, just wait until Cousins gets into game shape and gets accustomed to playing in their system

As much as I hate to see the Patriots in the Super Bowl, starting to feel the same way about the Warriors.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Celtics will be feeling the megaton nuclear bombs of the Warriors tomorrow. With Cousins in, the Warriors are a different kind of superteam. It makes me forget that they have another warhead off the bench - Igoudala. :D

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Watching the Rockets - Raptors game, and I was surprised to hear the name of Kenneth Faried and actually see him play for the Rockets. He is a big addition to this Rockets team. Rockets has the lead cut to 2 with only a few seconds left

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
https://sports.yahoo.com/report-lebron-james-camp-wants-lakers-move-luke-walton-062854328.html

Report: LeBron James' camp wants Lakers to move on from Luke Walton

I just wouldn't die down. Just when I thought Walton will survive this.

"It’s hard to blame Walton for his team’s recent slide because of James’ injury, but, fair or not, it’s likely Walton needed to drastically exceed expectations this year just to keep his job. Maybe James or Johnson already have a replacement in mind, but coaching a team while developing a stable of young player, trying to attract veteran superstars and navigating the perpetually turbulent politics of a team featuring LeBron James might be a less attractive job than some believe. "

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Pulling for the Celtics to take out the Warriors this evening.

Thanks Mike. Klay is going to be shooting unconciously tonight. C's got to be hot too shooting.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
first it was klay, then kd, now curry, after having 0 points in the first quarter, sinks 4 straight 3s, warriors by 7. 4 treys is 12 points. how to do fight this kind of team?

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
good game. c's gave a good fight but just couldn't make the final key shots down the stretch. i saw so much ease in the way the warriors get their points, they make it look so easy, and so quick. that is what makes them even more lethal, as cousins now shoot 3s as well, so you can't leave him open in that area. teams now need to break the banks to assemble a group this potent. and even thinking of AD in the celtics green is not enough to beat them. :D

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing