New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I thinnk the Cs should stay pat and keep Tatum (I am a fan). Hayward will be back to his old ways likely middle of next season and that would bbe a killer wing combo. Kyrie has been killing it lately too.

If I were the Pelicans I would be happy with Rozier, Brown, Horford and picks.

Rozier PG
Holiday SG
Brown SF
Randle/Okafor/Horford C/Fs

Not threatening to the West powerhouses but competitive.

Jack, I certainly am 100% in favor of this combo to trade to the Pels, for a 1 yr rental for the 2019-2020 season. And now reports points to a Kyrie re signing a new deal with the C's IF AD is a Celtic come this July. Boy, it get's complicated.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
But once again the team to whom he is traded is sitting on egg shells for a year

That will be the worry of Boston if they go get him for 1 yr BUT if he gets the C's a title, it's going to be a good story - just like KG did on his first year as a Celtic - win and extend. :)

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
Still can't help but picture Anthony Davis, Klay Thompson, Kevin Durant and Kyrie Irving suiting up for the Clippers. ;)
:oops::eek:

Reactions: WLVCA

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
It just occurred to me now that the reason why Pels are demanding such an outrageous offer is bec they know how much LeBron wants Davis to be in his camp via the Rich Paul media blitz. Pels betting Magic would bow to pressure from LeBron, it's almost like they are demanding a price that is a price 'not to sell'. In short, they got too greedy.
Or they really just don't want to sell to the Lakers ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: WLVCA and jadis

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Or they really just don't want to sell to the Lakers ;)

Looks like it, because there are really no more players to add, they wouldn't want any of the motley crew, so they decided to stack up with more picks. I mean, yeah, the Pels are trying to emulate Ainge's Nets deal where they got 3 picks, but for 2 former champions in KG and Pierce who though aging, still had some left in their tanks. And Ainge never got the good young players like Ingram, Kuzma, Ball, Hart etc in his deal. Pels didn't really want to sell, and very possibly, the ball will boom back to hit them.

Reactions: WLVCA and christoph

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
And what about at 42-point loss by the James led Lakers to the Pacers? That is quite a statement, of confusion, and of disarray in a team that was erstwhile in the top position of the West in the early part of the season. Same team same players. Clearly, the drama and distraction of this LeBron/Paul led trade request is sinking the Lakers mentally to an all-time low. If and when the trade deadline passes and no Davis to LAL deal is made, how does LeBron and those names mentioned in the offer of Magic jell for the remainder of the season, and in fact, the remainder of James' 4-year deal with LA? I can't even begin to imagine.

Reactions: WLVCA and christoph

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
In this report, Pelicans want a historic EIGHT draft picks - 4 firsts and 4 seconds, on top of the young crop playing now that were offered. LeBron spoke briefly after the 42 pt loss - says he: I know it's tough on our young guys. REALLY...

And on Ingram's free throw attempts, Pacers fan chanted - LeBron's gonna trade you...again and again. I have never seen such 'scenes' before.

Last edited:

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Just woke up to see the Clippers trade. Didn't expect that, especially Clips leading scorer Tobias Harris.

Clippers are apparently going all in to sign big name free agents.

Jerry West and Steve Ballmer at work...let's see what they can put together.

Bold but risky move. I say go for it.

Reactions: Steve Williams

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I would be very surprised to see Davis traded tomorrow.

I am betting Ainge has reached out to the Pels GM and suggested something that will result in no trade until the end of the season.

IMO no matter where AD goes the team he will be joining will be a shadow of it's former self as things go forward

The Lakers young kids (and journeymen) are all playing tentatively.And then they are supposed to play as if there is no problem with LeBron

Steve Williams

Good article explaining the Clippers trade and the Clips entering a shortened version of THE PROCESS (apologies to the 76ers).

It is a boom or bust move - big upside with life in purgatory (or hell) possible too.

https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2019/2...ris-clippers-trade-76ers-anthony-davis-rumors

The Process!! Interesting concept

Is Ballmer going to shoot himself in the foot yet, as stated the thought of luring, Klay, KD or Kyrie is enticing if they hook Le Brow.

What all this proves to me is that the star players have no desires to align themselves with LeBron and the Lakers

Reactions: jadis

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I'm with you Steve. It appears LeBron isn't quite the talent draw. Add to that the fact that the Lakers yunguns make great highlight reels but on a game to game basis have not shown consistency especially on defense makes them well, less attractive as assets. They got seriously whooped by the Pacers on BOTH ends. Granted the Pacers had the number one defense in the league at some poinnt this season, offensively especially without Dipo, dropping over 140 points? Man that sucks.

If I were Magic, what I would be looking for is a long rangy power forward with great rim help defense to go with Chandler and especially Z. Someone who can clean up boards, cuts, can be a lob target anc can close out on the perimeter. LOL ok that sounds a lot like AD....BUT there are players out there that can do this without having to sell their grandma.Guys inn the mold of the Jerami Grants. Hahhaha heck, At this point I might even tryi putting Javale at the 4! Did you know he can actually shoot with range?

The thing is, I think LBJ, Kuz and Ingram on the floor is redundant. Swap Ingram with Hart and Kuz with a defensive pogo stick and KCP or Rondo and this is looking like a lineup that can stifle. Save the two for shorter but faster minutes to wear down opponents with a frenetic second unit.

Fine this looks bad against the warriors BUT it sure will screw up the interior passing of Denver, clog up the Rockets and Thunder PNR, drive and dishes, match Utah on the boards and limit super soph MItchell. These are basically the teams they need to get through before getting to the conference finals.

I love arm chair coaching LOL

Last edited:

Steve Williams

My bet is that the Lakers once again this year won't make the playoffs regardless of trades yet to be made.
his whole fiasco has totally demoralized the team and as I read yesterday when the whole thing is over how are they going to look LeBron in the face again

I've said it before and will say it again

Straight trade. LeBron for AD

I think this injury to James is just the beginning. Afytter 16 years in the league and age becoming a factor I feel as good as he is, his game has slipped a notch and I have deja vu of Kobe's final 4 years in the league hampered by so many injuries and finally the achilles rupture

I never liked the idea of him becoming a Laker and we have yet to see how long Luke will last with LeBron's arm chair quarterbacking

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I would be very surprised to see Davis traded tomorrow.

I am betting Ainge has reached out to the Pels GM and suggested something that will result in no trade until the end of the season.

Well Steve, I am getting nervous that Ainge is in this Davis mix (due to the Lakers' pullout). All because of one name - Jayson Tatum. I want to see him grow as a Celtic as reach is best potential as a Celtic. He may not be an AD in the next 2 years but I like his swagger, had the C's only won that Game 7 against the Cavs last season, I would have searched for a poster of that dunk and staredown at LeBron. Which rookie has done that to LeBron? Plus, Tatum has a better range at the 3 pt line and he threat outside and inside with his slashing drives. Checking this nightmarish scenario, Tatum and Brown, (if they are included in the Ainge promise) have a combined salary of only $15m while Davis' will be owed $27m. The salaries will only match if Horford is included in that package, and I would instantly remove Tatum's name and give them Horford, Rozier, Brown plus 2 first rounders. I personally believe though, that the last package offered by Magic is better than this.

Steve Williams

I understand basketball is business from both the owners and the players. I just have never seen meddling by Lebron or his agent and it just doesn’t stop.

IIRC James has a $135M 4 year contract. The Lakers will not blink an eye in paying that contract at the end of which I have to still wonder. If the next 4 years will lead to a. Championship. Too many good teams this year I’m still wondering if this groin injury is the start of things to come. He remains a wonderful athlete but he’s still a player not an owner (maybe he wants to be like Mike)..

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Kobe ruptured his achilles at......34. LBJ is 34. Bad omen?

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I understand basketball is business from both the owners and the players. I just have never seen meddling by Lebron or his agent and it just doesn’t stop.

IIRC James has a $135M 4 year contract. The Lakers will not blink an eye in paying that contract at the end of which I have to still wonder. If the next 4 years will lead to a. Championship. Too many good teams this year I’m still wondering if this groin injury is the start of things to come. He remains a wonderful athlete but he’s still a player not an owner (maybe he wants to be like Mike)..

Shall we call LeBron the 'composer'? He is weaving every note, from his grand entry into LA, and Magic waiting for 2 hours for their first meeting (that should pump up anyone's ego), to being not happy with Luke, and then to make the nuclear button push for Rich Paul to announce that AD wants to be traded, to the most logical place, LAL. Quite an orchestration for a 'player'. I don't recall any 'greats' doing that. I mean you can feud with your coach and player a bit, but you don't cause your GM to get rid of virtually the entire team (the good ones at that) including the head coach. LeBron's head has swelled with his success in these on and off court maneuvers - bumping his coach, getting them fired, getting your GM to hire 2 incredible max contracts in JR and Tristan Thompson (which ironically led to them being abandoned in Cleveland). And he called that single act of ending the Cavs decades long drought his best reason for being the GOAT. So naturally, this GOAT mentality will bring him to the next level of manipulation of his own team - to see and get what he wants. And if he didn't get what he wants (because he does NOT control the Pelican's GM) it would really be interesting to see how his next 3-1/2 years pans out, without Davis. As to him owning his own team, can he do better than MJ running the Bobcats? :)

Reactions: Steve Williams

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
I don't recall any 'greats' doing that
A real great for example would relinquish on his (well deserved) salary to give the team more headroom to buy other Players to strengthen the Team ;)
Just sayin' :rolleyes:

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing