New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Reactions: jadis

Steve Williams

WIth this 4 game losing streak of the Celtics, I am now beginning to believe what the critics say, that the other Celtics are just watching Kyrie do his iso. To top It all, this trance mentality makes them forget to play defense too.

do you think Kyrie will re-sign with the Celts

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
do you think Kyrie will re-sign with the Celts

Steve, I think it will depend on how deep Boston goes in the playoffs. If they lose in the first round, I think Kyrie will go elsewhere. More noises about KD going to NY and that Kyrie will join him. I'm starting to believe that can happen.

Reactions: Steve Williams

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

Steve Williams

Agree with Gasol. If Marc is already slowing down. Pau has slowed down way back. Bucks have been adding lots of players. Butler, Mirotic, and now Pau. Serious team.

and they are playing the Lakers night. My son is going to the game. He is sitting in one of the suites

Steve Williams

Steve, I think it will depend on how deep Boston goes in the playoffs. If they lose in the first round, I think Kyrie will go elsewhere. More noises about KD going to NY and that Kyrie will join him. I'm starting to believe that can happen.

wow. That would jump start the Knicks

Steve Williams

Im also interested in everyone's choice for MVP. Does Harden lead the pack, Giannis or ???

It seems to me that looking at who is going where and who might join him only conjures up in my mind the thought how LeBron truly changed league and team tactics where one star solicits and recruits other stars to come with him

If GSW win the title again this year IMO KD would be crazy to go to the Knicks. Even with Kyrie, do the Knicks have enough on their bench to be a contender

Big question now is where AD goes. I wonder if Pels GM might do everything to resign him by bringing in some superstars to play with AD. I can't see him being a Laker and if the Pels GM makes such out rages demands as a 5 for 1 deal I bet most teams would back off leaving them to figure out if he can play for them again and if so they add some fire power.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I think Harden is up there. I am thinking if he's not there to score those incredible points the Rockets would be way pitiful. Davis could have been a candidate had he not been screwed. It could even ruin his career just by uncertainty.

Reactions: Steve Williams

Steve Williams

Lakers finally show up in a game that I thought they would be easily beaten. James, I have to admit looks like he's ready to play. Ingram and Kuzma are superb,

Lakers up by 6 at the half

Steve Williams

I think Harden is up there. I am thinking if he's not there to score those incredible points the Rockets would be way pitiful. Davis could have been a candidate had he not been screwed. It could even ruin his career just by uncertainty.

I never thought of that possibility Phil. Makes good sense

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
:eek:

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
If GSW win the title again this year IMO KD would be crazy to go to the Knicks. Even with Kyrie, do the Knicks have enough on their bench to be a contender
I agree with you, Steve.
KD and Kyrie "alone" can not challenge other teams with wider and deeper benches :rolleyes:

Reactions: jadis and WLVCA

Steve Williams

The Lakers played great offense last night but still have no clues about Dee including the King

I still maintain they will not make the playoffs

The King knows how to shovel manure as well when he talks about break down on Dee. No one played defense and theBucks just overpowered them. At least the young kids were playing with great energy

How many of them will be around next year with their coach remains to be seen as James will then be 35 with only 3 years left on his contract.There are just better top 8 teams in the west and the Lakers aren't one of them

https://www.nba.com/video/2019/03/02/20190301-gametime-lebron-james-postgame

Reactions: jadis and WLVCA

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Clippers beat the Kings last night and are in 7th in the West. They continue to ignore my tanking instructions.

The Kings are much better this year and have a ton of good young talent - but they are young and they faded in crunch time. You can see that the Kings will be much better in the next couple of years. The Kings have a 31-31 record so not so bad for having so much youth on the team.

I did have to look at the Clippers roster a couple of time to figure out who was on the court. They have so many new players it is hard to keep track.

Steve Williams

Here is an interesting read from the Commish...........

BOSTON (AP) -- NBA Commissioner Adam Silver says he would consider shortening the regular season, but only if the league could develop something meaningful to do to replace the games - and revenue - they would be giving up.

Speaking at the MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference on Friday, Silver raised the idea of replacing the All-Star Game with a midseason or preseason tournament in which teams would compete for a separate championship, like they do in European soccer. Or groups of teams could compete in mini-tournaments in Asia or Europe.

The problem, Silver said, is how to make these other events meaningful.

"The All-Star Game didn't work," he said, calling it "an afterthought" of the weekend despite changes like tinkering with the rosters through a player draft that was made public for the first time. "I get it. We put an earring on a pig."

The league is unlikely to make any changes - at least not any time soon - if only because a 70-game schedule like the one Silver discussed would require each team to give up six home games. Although players and coaches would love to see a shorter season, none is excited about taking a 20 percent pay cut.

But the analytics conference in Boston's Bay Bay convention center gives Silver the opportunity to think aloud about ways to make the NBA better. In past years he has addressed possible changes to the draft to discourage teams from tanking, but this year's hot topic was New Orleans Pelicans star Anthony Davis.

Silver said Davis' public trade request (through his agent) was a problem for the league, but not all that different than other players who made the request behind the scenes. The more frequent shuffling of stars among teams was an unintended consequence of a collective bargaining agreement that was designed to shorten contracts so players wouldn't be earning huge salaries long after they were productive.

"Maybe that was a mistake," Silver said.

Davis told the Pelicans he would not accept an extension, but the team did not trade him before the deadline and then mulled whether to sit him out to minimize the risk of injury - and maximize its draft position. He is expected to be traded over the summer.

"It's a bad dynamic," Silver said. "It's a bit of a mess."

Reactions: christoph and jadis

Steve Williams

I loved watching this video as it suggest that there is another great superstar in the league who is heir apparent to the King's throne. I love watching Giannis play as he makes it look so easy. Move over LeBron as your days on the throne are numbered.In the video LeBron all but acknowledges the fact

https://www.nba.com/video/2019/03/01/20190301-10-tip-giannis-or-lebron

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
No huddle offense?

Last edited:
Reactions: christoph

Steve Williams

Lakers lose to Suns :mad:

They haven’t won back to back games since January.

LeBron continues to miss free throws and clutch shots

Yet he contunues to talk the talk but it’s beciming evident that they are not making the playoffs.

Again no defense

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Pelicans beat west power Nuggets without Davis who was given a rest. AD's career is taking a wrong turn It seems.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing