New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
My son and I both saw the clip of the last shot of James and we had different views. I felt that LeBron showed his age as he was not able to elevate much and got his shot blocked. My son said it's a good thing that LeBron had the killer instinct to take the game winning shot (which critics love to rub him for not doing so). But in this case, I told him, it's a case of the operation was *unsuccessful*, and the patient died as well. :D

Reactions: Steve Williams

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
It's tough to figure out GSW as they win big one night only to lose to the Spurs last night

Still in a 7 game series it is still tough for me to think anyone can beat them

Denver however won last night and we wake up this morning with the Nuggets tied for first in the West

The Nuggs are a very good team but have a look at this 3 pointer last night by Curry

https://www.nba.com/video/2019/03/1...e-warriors-san-antonio-spurs-buzzer-beater-1q

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Doc Rivers to the Lakers? That is the big rumor today.

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/253003/Doc-Rivers-Lakers-Have-Mutual-Interest

Perhaps Doc is still miffed at Steve Ballmer for taking away his GM responsibilities.

Perhaps Jeanie wants to fire Magic and put Doc in charge of the entire basketball operation.

Perhaps Doc is a masochist who wants to subject himself to humiliation by LeBron.

Perhaps Jeanie really means it when she says she would trade LeBron.

Perhaps the Lakers would trade LeBron to the Clippers for Doc Rivers - he was traded to the Clippers from the Celtics after all. Doc is signed with LAC through the end of the 2020-2021 season so the Clippers could demand compensation to release him.

Perhaps the Clippers will agree to let Doc go and make Luke Walton their new head coach. I like Luke.

It will definitely be an interesting off season this summer, particularly in LA.

Steve Williams

Reactions: jadis

Steve Williams

Doc Rivers to the Lakers? That is the big rumor today.

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/253003/Doc-Rivers-Lakers-Have-Mutual-Interest

Perhaps Doc is still miffed at Steve Ballmer for taking away his GM responsibilities.

Perhaps Jeanie wants to fire Magic and put Doc in charge of the entire basketball operation.

Perhaps Doc is a masochist who wants to subject himself to humiliation by LeBron.

Perhaps Jeanie really means it when she says she would trade LeBron.

Perhaps the Lakers would trade LeBron to the Clippers for Doc Rivers - he was traded to the Clippers from the Celtics after all. Doc is signed with LAC through the end of the 2020-2021 season so the Clippers could demand compensation to release him.

Perhaps the Clippers will agree to let Doc go and make Luke Walton their new head coach. I like Luke.

It will definitely be an interesting off season this summer, particularly in LA.

interesting story but neither Doc or anyone will find a way with James to bring a championship to the Lakers

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
tough loss tonight by the Celts as they lead most of the game only to have the Sixers rally at the end and win

Yeah Steve. Somehow I felt that we were not going to hold that lead.

Steve Williams

Harden scores 54 only to lose to the Grizz. Only proves my point that no matter how great he is and if he will win the MVP (he should) one player can't do it on his own and lead his team to a championship

Reactions: christoph

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Jimmer Ferdette gets another NBA shot with the Phoenix Suns.

Jimmer has been averaging 35 points per game in the Chinese league.

Hope he does well this time around.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Report: Doc Rivers was advised against joining Lakers because LeBron James doesn’t want to be coached

Dan Feldman

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-doc-rivers-advised-against-204401716.html

Michael Wilbon on ESPN:
There are people in southern California right in that environment telling Doc, “You don’t want do this.” And one of those reasons is simply LeBron James. He’s been told by people – and I know this – LeBron doesn’t want to be coached.

Steve Williams

what a plummet for the Thunder who were in 3rd place. The west top 8 are so close that with the Thunder 4 game losing streak I woke up this morning to find the Thunder in 8th place which for me would be a better series vs the GSW as I feel the GSW would easily defeat the Clipps

Steve Williams

Report: Doc Rivers was advised against joining Lakers because LeBron James doesn’t want to be coached

Dan Feldman

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-doc-rivers-advised-against-204401716.html

Michael Wilbon on ESPN:
There are people in southern California right in that environment telling Doc, “You don’t want do this.” And one of those reasons is simply LeBron James. He’s been told by people – and I know this – LeBron doesn’t want to be coached.​

Can Jeannie and Magic not understand that James is a liability to the betterment of the Lakers. Trade him. Sadly you're going to find that you won't be getting for him what you think you deserve. He is 34 and proved this year he cannot play defense let alone make the shots that he has easily made during his career including his terrible performance from the free throw line

Reactions: jadis and christoph

Steve Williams

And an interesting read regarding what theLakers need in the off season to prevent an ugly situation from becoming uglier

Lakers must win offseason to avoid this season's embarrassment turning uglier

LeBron needs help from trades or free-agent market for team to move forward
By Shaun Powell NBA.com

https://www.nba.com/article/2019/03/21/lakers-disappointing-season-could-become-dreadful-summer

a little tid bit

But if the Lakers lose big this summer, it could have far-reaching implications for LeBron, the franchise -- and all of it would be bad. There would be justifiable second-guessing, blown opportunities, broken promises, a front office under fire, maybe a strong reaction from owner Jeanie Buss and a fan base in uproar

and this

Should the Lakers endure a summer to dismember, then they’ll be forced to scramble to pad the roster, pray that LeBron’s body won’t fail him again as he turns 35 and hope Ball, Ingram and Kuzma produce breakout seasons. That’s a lot of positive projections. It would be a best-case scenario on the heels of a worst-case scenario.

If you think the Lakers are catching hell now, well, a poor summer would mean there’d be hell to pay.

Trade him now Jeannie. He has polarized this Lakers team enough

Last edited:
Reactions: christoph and jadis

Steve Williams

well it's finally official. The pain is gone. Not only are the Lakers eliminated from the playoffs they will again finish the season under .500

The video of the King being interviewed in the locker room had him saying he will consult with his coaches and trainers and go from there. I expect the first casualty from the fallout to be the firing of Luke. Then the fun will start all over as LeBron almost certainly will tell Magic and Jeannie who they should hire as the coach of the Lakers.

I don't see any free agents who want to play with him so they will have to trade for players and the decimation of the Lakers team will begin. If Magic doesn't produce he might have a short tenure as well

Reactions: jadis and christoph

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
well it's finally official. The pain is gone. Not only are the Lakers eliminated from the playoffs they will again finish the season under .500

The video of the King being interviewed in the locker room had him saying he will consult with his coaches and trainers and go from there. I expect the first casualty from the fallout to be the firing of Luke. Then the fun will start all over as LeBron almost certainly will tell Magic and Jeannie who they should hire as the coach of the Lakers.

I don't see any free agents who want to play with him so they will have to trade for players and the decimation of the Lakers team will begin. If Magic doesn't produce he might have a short tenure as well

I have 2 words in my mind, Napoleon and Waterloo. With all this self touted greatness, defeat came in the own hands of LeBron. He came marching into LA like the superstar he was, with the pomp of following the footsteps on Wilt, Kareem and Shaq, who came into LA wishing (and winning) titles. Not this time for James. His head swelled to a point that he thinks and acts like nobody is above him. 'What I want I get'. The perfect formula to screw up ANY team. Magic has a BIG problem in the off-season. HOW does he get to trade LeBron? If he pulls it off, it would be like putting LeBron into exile. But there is a bit of hope for him, like Napoleon, he could escape and try to be back on top. But not likely at this point. :D

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing