New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Now I get it, ever since Kyrie apologized to LeBron for some leadership juju, his stint in Boston went south. He must have to be so down that time to look for his elder brother, and now is very free to rejoin him. What a story if he really lands in LAL.

https://sports.yahoo.com/nba-rumors-kyrie-irving-ty-181354120.html

On the latest episode of "The Bill Simmons Podcast," the Ringer CEO mentioned a rumor that he's heard since Lue and the Lakers agreed to go their separate ways.

"The rumor mill is fantastic," Simmons said during a conversation with longtime Celtics radio play-by-play announcer Sean Grande. "I don't mind passing along various things I've heard, including, somebody told me that Ty Lue -- the Lakers had to back out of the Ty Lue thing because Ty Lue and Kyrie, they couldn't be together again and Kyrie's going to go there and that's why that fell through. Not because of the contract. I have no idea if that's true or not but that's going to be the next two months of my life."

LeBron and Kyrie together again. That would be interesting to watch.

Problem for "Flat Earther" Kyrie is that Los Angeles is a lot closer to the edge of the Earth and he might fall off. ;)

Seems to me that Kyrie may fall into the category of being more trouble than he is worth. Bit of a head case it appears. Don't think the Lakers need any more problems than they have already.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
This is the Splash Brother's TEAM, not KD's. :)

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I can just feel that the Splash Brother's stepped back to let KD run the show. These 2 are THE original Dub's franchise players, and they are showing it. Hat's off to these brothers. :D

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Curry comes alive in the 4th quarter and beyond anything I would have imagined tonight was that the Warriors without KD and Steph in foul trouble defeat the Rockets in Houston

33 points in the second half !!!

118-113

This is the game that separated the men from the boys. Winning on the road and very short handed

How can you hate this team

Rockets IMO clearly blew it

Kerr outcoached D'Antoni but what's new

Go Warriors

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I'm all in for the Warriors, with or without KD, go destroy the Bucks !!! :D

Reactions: christoph

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Where in this planet do you have a team that has THREE players who can step up in the same great level of KD, Curry and KLAY? You take any one out, and they will feel nothing was gone.

If Warriors go all the way and get their 3peat without KD, then that is a sign to KD to fly to NYC. :D

Steve Williams

Draymond played gutsy the whole game and controlled the Dee.

I don't feel at all bad for the Rockets. They proved tonight that at home with their team healthy and Durant out and Curry scoreless in the first half that this team does not have what it takes to beat the Warriors

AS far as beat the Bucks, there is a lot of basketball between now and then Phil. Both Denver and Portland have terrific teams

I have followed the NBA since the 70's and cannot remember a year where there was smooch talent dispersed between all of the teams who are trying to get better to beat the Warriors. The Warriors star is out and Rockets had a chokehold and let them escape in game 5 and game 6

Shame on the Rockets and shame on D'Antoni. I hate his style of play. Harden is one of the very best but at full throttle for 82 games and then the payoffs, he cannot last at that pace and always seems to break down in the conference semifinals. Chris Paul is great but he has peaked and is on the down slope of his career

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
Got home from another day of hanging out with beautiful Italian hot rods and flipped on the game at the beginning of the third and immediately wondered if my heart could take it. This much intensity and its only the semis...
Say what you want, Curry stepped up in the clutch the last two games. Its bizarre to me his play. If he would be on that level with a healthy KD it would be a embarrassing to anyone that stepped on the court.
A lot of stars tonight, great defense created opportunities the made the difference tonight.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
My son told me about a meme he say, with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un saying in a caption: "My rockets are better than Houston's." :D

Reactions: Hi-FiGuy

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Gotta give a big salute to Curry. First time I saw him throw in those long bombs as clutch big shots that affected the outcome of the game in their favor was a first round series with the Pelicans in 2015. In a game that I thought they would lose, Curry fired a long one from the right corner, impossible crazy shot but he made it. Last night, he cemented that reputation, killing opponents with long clutch 3s. The guy is out of this world. Never saw a player who eats these for breakfast. Warriors are fortunate to have him. Good thing they shipped out Monta Ellis instead of him. :D

Steve Williams

The take away for me is the following..........

Last year Rockets lamented that they would have won with a healthy Chris Paul and wait til next year

Well next year was here with a healthy Chris Paul and this time the Warriors didn't't have KD and lets not forget they also had Cousins out for the playoffs

Bottom line was the Rockets didn't take care of business in Game 5 or Game 6

Rockets need a do over as their fast pace run and gun , give it to Harden and get out of the way serves no purpose except to drive your stars into the ground with over work

Personally I can't stand D'Antoni as a coach and I deplore his coaching methods. He is an over the hill coach

It'll be interesting what if anything happens with Brad in Boston and D'Antoni in Hoston as expectations were high for both teams

Finally the big question for me is whether Harden and Paul will ever wear a championship ring

Steve Williams

Steve Williams

And finally I thought this was the best read of the morning from Shawn Powell at NBA.com

Rockets again collapse against Warriors, big questions loom
Eliminated by the Warriors for the fourth time in five years, the Rockets must decide how to move on

Shaun Powell

https://www.nba.com/article/2019/05/11/rockets-collapse-hurts-big-questions-remain

Reactions: Hi-FiGuy

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I'm with you Steve, Antoni's coaching sucks. In those possessions wherein Houston needed a basket, he didn't call timeout and instead let them rip. And it all from the outside. What happened to passing to the inside? I thought this would be their year. And I think they will not get a trophy with this coach anyone.

AS for Brad, most Celtics fans do not blame him. Everyone blames the little brother of the big brother in L.A. Danny will do something about their lineup. Al Is all heart but he is not the unstoppable money man that the Celtics need badly. Hayward needs to trim down and be faster. Defenses easily shut him down. Clearly he Is not his Utah self. A very ridiculous suggestion is to bring Rondo back to pair with AD. I don't think so.

Steve Williams

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing