This will give them a few days more to get healthy

5 straight playiffs

That’s a dynasty

Reactions: jadis

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Let me change gears here a bit. Nothing more to say about the Warriors - great team but would like to see someone else step up.

Anyway.......

When I went on my walk this morning I downloaded a Woj podcast. Almost didn’t listen to this one because I had never heard of the guy he was interviewing – the new Timberwolves GM, Gersson Rosas. Turns out it was a very interesting interview as most of Woj’s interviews are.

Rosas’ family is from Columbia and they immigrated to the United States when Columbia was torn apart by its drug war so Rosas has spent most of his life in the USA.

He has worked for the Rockets for the last 17 years starting in the film room as many NBA executives do. He worked for some great coaches in Houston – Rudy Tomjonovich, Rick Adelman, Jeff Van Gundy, Kevin McHale and Mike D’Antoni.

Laker fans may dispute a couple of names on this list but the rest of the NBA doesn’t ;)

He worked with some great players like Yao Ming, Dikembe Mutombo and James Harden. He also worked under a couple of really good GM’s like Carroll Dawson and Daryl Morey. Even I have to admit that the Rockets have an interesting history.

Anyway, I am not a fan of the Rockets as I have made clear on this forum but the stories that Rosas told in the interview gave me a different perspective on the organization. I recommend the interview to you. I also wish Rosas good fortune with the Timberwolves. He struck me as someone to watch and someone who deserved the opportunity.

Reactions: christoph and jadis

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
The thing about the Warriors is that the players still have the passion to get another ring. Coaching is great but the core Is still intact. Curry can score as much as KD any day but not together as touches will set in the count. Super team with heart. Hats off.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
OT at 118-118

Steph had a chance to win it but took a travel as he made a 3 point shot

That travel raised questions from my friend in Fremont who was watching live while texting me. There is some similarity with the travel of Curry and the non call travel of Ray Allen's 3 to tie the game for Heat to save the Heat's season. The difference is had the ref blew his whistle on Allen, he wouldn't have made it well out of the Heat arena. :D

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Magic Johnson says Lakers GM was ‘backstabbing’, Luke Walton firing was the final straw | First Take

Reactions: Steve Williams

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Interesting though that Jeannie is not filling Magic's vacant position of team President

I must admit that I liked WLCVA's comment about Jeannie turning the team over to people in the know who could run the team better than her.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Al
Pelinka sounds like an opportunistic scum bag

Wonder what Kobe would say as IIRC he lobbied for Pelinka to get the job

All the while I thought Magic hired Pelinka. I'm glad Magic spoke out and told his story.

Steve Williams

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Interesting though that Jeannie is not filling Magic's vacant position of team President

I must admit that I liked WLCVA's comment about Jeannie turning the team over to people in the know who could run the team better than her.

Steve, I'm no NBA savant but it is obvious that the successful teams today are run by professional managers running professional organizations.

Too many old friends and folks with personal connections involved with the Lakers management.

It is a different era in the NBA. The Lakers succeeded under Jerry Buss - his way was great for his time but not any more.

Doesn't mean the old way wasn't more fun though. I will never forget being in a suite at the Staples Center for a Lakers game two doors down from the Jerry Buss suite - the man was having a great time. Never saw so many attractive (if you like the sculpted look) young women seeming so interested in one "mature" gentleman in my life.

Personality and location still play a role but it isn't everything like it used to be.

Steve Williams

Steve, I'm no NBA savant but it is obvious that the successful teams today are run by professional managers running professional organizations.

Too many old friends and folks with personal connections involved with the Lakers management.

It is a different era in the NBA. The Lakers succeeded under Jerry Buss - his way was great for his time but not any more.

Doesn't mean the old way wasn't more fun though. I will never forget being in a suite at the Staples Center for a Lakers game two doors down from the Jerry Buss suite - the man was having a great time. Never saw so many attractive (if you like the sculpted look) young women seeming so interested in one "mature" gentleman in my life.

Personality and location still play a role but it isn't everything like it used to be.
I remember the same when they played at the forum and he had an open box behind one of the baskets and there were always young women with him much younger than Jeannie in fact. I also remember that the Forum was No Smoking venue and he always had a lit cigarette in his mouth

Steve Williams

Here's some good news for the GSW

The first game of the Finals doesn’t start until next Thursday , essentially a 10 day rest to get KD healthy.

The 2019 NBA Finals schedule will be announced at the conclusion of conference finals. Game 1 between Golden State vs. Milwaukee/Toronto will be on May 30. The winner of the Eastern Conference finals will host Game 1.

2019 NBA Finals
Golden State vs. Milwaukee/Toronto

Game 1: Thur, May 30, Golden State at MIL/TOR | 9 ET (ABC)
Game 2: Sun, June 2, Golden State at MIL/TOR | 8 ET (ABC)
Game 3: Wed, June 5, MIL/TOR at Golden State | 9 ET (ABC)
Game 4: Fri, June 7, MIL/TOR at Golden State | 9 ET (ABC)
*Game 5: Mon, June 10, Golden State at MIL/TOR | 9 ET (ABC)
*Game 6: Thur, June 13, MIL/TOR at Golden State | 9 ET (ABC)
*Game 7: Sun, June 16, Golden State at MIL/TOR | 8 ET (ABC)

* – If Necessary

Reactions: christoph and jadis

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing