New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Bucks continue to lay their hang around game although IMO they played mediocre and are lucky to still be in the game

They usually begin to sprint in the second half

Toronto at the half 65-55

Reactions: christoph

Steve Williams

The Bucks have just given up. They don't seem to want it as bad and this his the series pivotal game

Raptors are so outclassing them that Giannis and the team look tired and beatable

This series is going back to Milwaukee tied at 2-2 unless another miracle happens

104-84 in the 4th all Raptors

Reactions: jadis

Steve Williams

Watching the game tonight as good as the Raptors were neither team IMO looked good enough to beat the Warriors.

9 days of rest which usually is a good thing but the extra rest can sometimes be a bad thing

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Milwaukee looked dominant in the first two games. I was beginning to think they might have a chance to beat the Warriors.

However, in the two game in Toronto the Bucks have looked ordinary - so the series is tied.

At the moment neither team in the Eastern Conference finals looks like they would have a chance against Golden State.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Milwaukee looked dominant in the first two games. I was beginning to think they might have a chance to beat the Warriors.

However, in the two game in Toronto the Bucks have looked ordinary - so the series is tied.

At the moment neither team in the Eastern Conference finals looks like they would have a chance against Golden State.

I agree. It is quite evident that this GS team is built like a platoon with very efficient leaders and reserves. And the thing is, these players step up and rise to the occasion. I remember in those Cleveland Finals, the Warriors had unknown guys like Ian Clark and Patrick McCaw who will make big shots, not many points but crucial points down the stretch, Now it's McKinnie, Quinn Cook, Looney and Bell. Not even top ten draft picks these guys. And Jerebko, a former Celtic bench warmer of sorts, could just explode if given the chance in the Finals. The only thing going for these 2 Eastern teams is that they hold home court over the Warriors and could make the series closer than expected. More and more I'm getting to feel that those bounce pass assists to the painted area are practiced to perfection. These passes throw off the opponent's timing and before they know it, the ball is already 1 foot from the basket. Credit Kerr and Brown for that, I guess. And Curry, what else can you say, he is better than ever. Guards chase him, trap him, found him, double team him but it seems he knows exactly what to do to escape and score. Those 3 heaves will be legendary in future youtubes videos. A 'real' Harlem Globetrotter type of talent. Magical.

Steve Williams

That's exactly what I said yesterday. Neither team played well. Just that the Bucks played awful and not worthy of the 1st place in the standings. Toronto outclassed them in the last 2 games.

Giannis does not look like an MVP candidate in these past 2 games

Also the way both teams played the last 2 games I see no reason why the Warriors won't "3pete"

Reactions: christoph and jadis

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Raptors stay close and they have a chance. Lots of outside shots flying around. I am not used to seeing those Euro steps by Giannis. At least twice in the final minutes of the 2nd Quarter he did those and were not called. Kawhi shuffled a bit and whistle blew. He gotta practice the Eurostep more. :)

Steve Williams

Fouls and missed free throws killed the Bucks tonight with Giannis looking ordinary and the Bucks average at best

Raptors finally pull off a win in Milwaukee with the series going back to Toronto up 3-2

105-99

Raptors silenced the crowd

Vanvleet was deadly

Reactions: christoph and jadis

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Saw bits and pieces of the game and got glued at middle of the 4th with Raptors protecting their new found lead. Bucks were playing hurried ball, not much set plays, as they kept attacking in fast pace but in the process Giannis got blocked by Siakam while the rest missed hurried long shots. Toronto moved the ball well PLUS played fantastic swarming and rotating D. The 3 by Gasol was big. One more win in Toronto and it will end years of their miseries in the East.

Steve Williams

I hope it goes 7 games and I don't care who wins as I don't believe either team can beat the GSW. Game 7 is Tuesday and Finals start Thursday leaving littlest for the East winner

I wonder if KD comes back if he would be a benefit or an impediment

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
They could save some time and just crown the Warriors champions. Guess that won't happen. ;)

The playoffs wear you out going on for two months.

I'm ready to move on to free agency. Should be a wild summer for the NBA. Lots of teams with lots of cap space so it will be very interesting to watch.

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
IMHO they should stop that eastern and western conference BS.
The best 16 Teams overall should compete without territorial crap.
No. 1 against No. 16 and so on.

Warriors against Rockets (again) would have been a worthy final, not semi final.

Why don't they give up that conference inequity nonsense?

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
They could save some time and just crown the Warriors champions. Guess that won't happen. ;)

The playoffs wear you out going on for two months.

I'm ready to move on to free agency. Should be a wild summer for the NBA. Lots of teams with lots of cap space so it will be very interesting to watch.

I'm waiting too for the free agency and trades. Kyrie for a reunion with big brother in LAL is getting noise. I can't understand this KD to Knicks thing so when it happens I will still be shocked. I think in the modern era 3peat is IT, and it's like you conquered Everest so you gotta find some other challenges. Maybe 4peat and beyond is boring. :D

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

Warriors against Rockets (again) would have been a worthy final, not semi final.

Well, I guess it's because it's difficult to amend the 'constitution'. :)

I have nothing against the idea. Just like the NCAA Sweet 16 but 7-game series.

For a while there I thought there is redemption in D'Antoni's career, but the tiger doesn't change its stripes, as they say. What they need is a defensive coach like Thibodeau to sit beside him, and maybe an assistant offensive coach to run the crucial plays after the timeouts. D'Antoni's style seem to run 4 quarters like 1 lump, and it does not work.

Steve Williams

Warriors' Durant unlikely to suit up for start of Finals
Both he and DeMarcus Cousins are expected to play in series at some point
Janie McCauley | The Associated Press

OAKLAND, Calif. (AP) -- Kevin Durant won't be ready to play in time for Game 1 of the NBA Finals on May 30.

The two-time reigning finals MVP has yet to return to on-court work while recovering from a strained right calf.

Big man DeMarcus Cousins might be healthy for Golden State's series opener against either Milwaukee or Toronto.

"Potentially," coach Steve Kerr said Thursday, "but it's up in the air."

The team re-evaluated both players Thursday and they are expected to be ready at some point during Golden State's fifth straight finals.

Durant is making progress in the training room and with moves he is able to handle in the weight room, Kerr said.

"We've known all along, it's how he responds. There's never been a point during this process where we've been able to say, `he's going to play on such and such date,' and there still isn't, so we just keep going, keep moving forward," Kerr said. "... But again, he hasn't spent any time on the court with us, hasn't gone through an individual shooting workout."

Cousins is working back from a torn left quadriceps muscle sustained in Game 2 of the first round against the Clippers. He practiced Thursday for the first time since getting injured April 16 in just his second career playoff game.

"We'll see where my body takes me and we'll see what happens," Cousins said. "I feel good, a lot better than I was, I'm in a better place. I'm able to get up and down the court more. I'm able to play a little competition basketball."

Andre Iguodala, who missed the Game 4 clincher against the Blazers with a sore left calf, didn't practice Thursday but is expected to be at full strength to start the finals.

Golden State took two days off after completing a sweep of the Trail Blazers on Monday night in Portland. The Warriors will again take a day off Sunday and won't begin full game-planning until they have an opponent.

Durant was averaging 34.2 points this postseason when he got injured during the third quarter of Game 5 in the conference semifinals against the Houston Rockets. He landed awkwardly on his right foot following a baseline jumper.

Kerr wouldn't commit to a role for Cousins when he returns, unlike when the center returned from a nearly yearlong absence Jan. 18 following surgery for a torn left Achilles tendon and started immediately.

It will depend on Cousins' health, "how he's moving," Kerr said, how the series is going and matchups.

For Cousins, just getting back on the court before the offseason and free agency would be a huge boost emotionally.

Raising a championship banner would also mean so much after such a difficult year of rehab. The Achilles injury and recovery was "one of my darkest moments," he said.

"It's been a wild year for me all season," Cousins said. "I'm happy to be in this moment. If I get the opportunity to play I'm going to take full advantage of it, leave it all on the floor."

Steve Williams

A terrific analysis of last night's game

Milwaukee's strengths turning into weaknesses in East finals
Bucks on cusp of elimination after suffering first three-game skid of season

Steve Aschburner NBA.com

https://www.nba.com/news

Steve Williams

Christoph

totally agree. This has been bantered about for years but sadly unlikely anything will come of it

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing