New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Here is the best news of the day......trade him Jeannie. Get rid of that fungus that is destroying the Lakers Nation

From Bleacher Report

LeBron James Trade Rumors: Star Could Demand Deal If Lakers Whiff in Free Agency

If the Los Angeles Lakers don't make a big splash in free agency or on the trade market this offseason, LeBron James' tenure with the team reportedly could end soon.

During an appearance on ESPN LA (h/t Pro Basketball Talk's Dan Feldman), Bill Plaschke of the Los Angeles Times revealed the LeBron-related rumblings:

"I'm hearing that, if they whiff on free agency, and if they whiff on a trade—which I don't know how likely that is, but if that happens, they've got big trouble with LeBron. Why would LeBron—I mean, the LeBron era could be over before it starts here.

"I heard this for the first time yesterday. Somebody very connected said, 'You know what, if they whiff, LeBron's going to say either, 'I'm out of here,' or 'Get me out of here,' or the Lakers better just might as well just get him out of here."

The Lakers went just 37-45 in James' initial year with the team, marking the first time a LeBron-led squad did not reach the playoffs since 2004-05.

Reactions: christoph and jadis

Kcin

VIP/Donor
Mar 27, 2016
Canada
I'm going to stick my neck out as a Raptor's fan. If the Raptors win one of the next 2 ... Raptors in 7 :)

Reactions: WLVCA and jadis

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
From what I have read, it would not be easy for the Lakers to find a trading partner, mainly because the other team has to pay an extra 15% trade kicker plus absorb all the antics known to be done by LeBRon. And the next team, has to, gasp, fire its existing head coach sooner or later.

Reactions: christoph and WLVCA

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I'm going to stick my neck out as a Raptor's fan. If the Raptors win one of the next 2 ... Raptors in 7 :)

That is quite possible. But Toronto needs good scoring for all 4 quarters for win 3 more games. In Game 2, it was like there was a lid on the hoop in the last 6 minutes of the game. Those good look shots of the Raptors were not going in and you just have to shake your head during those times. And usually in close games. the Warriors tend to make the shots that mattered - like Andre's 3pt bomb to ice the game.

Reactions: christoph and Kcin

Steve Williams

It's going to be interesting where Kawhi will sign next year. If Raptors win the championship IMO he would be nuts not to re-sign with Toronto.

So also with Klay. If they win I hope he stays BUT both Klay and Kawhi could be here in LA playing for the Clippers next year

Reactions: WLVCA and jadis

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
For Game 3. Wow. That is low? Maybe for the roof section. :)

ORACLE Arena
Oakland, CA

Tickets as low as $567

Steve Williams

That’s why they are moving to San Francisco where revenue should be much higher. Fans in Oakland are great but they only sit in the roof top seats. They’re following the money as salaries are only rising.

Reactions: jadis

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Reactions: Steve Williams

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Wow again.

Report: Lakers make Jason Kidd the NBA's highest-paid assistant, also add Lionel Hollins

https://sports.yahoo.com/jason-kidd-lakers-assistant-coach-lionel-hollins-223014295.html

"And as if three former head coaches on the staff wasn’t enough, former Phoenix Suns and New York Knicks head coach Jeff Hornacek could also be a candidate for the staff, according to the New York Daily News’ Stefan Bondy. "

I like Lionel Hollins.....but not a Jason Kidd fan at all. Plus Jeff Hornacek????

Guess Frank Vogel will spend more time looking over his shoulder than watching his players on the court.

Wonder which of the 4 LeBron will eventually pick to run the team?

Looks like a very volatile situation.

Reactions: jadis

Steve Williams

Wow again.

Report: Lakers make Jason Kidd the NBA's highest-paid assistant, also add Lionel Hollins

https://sports.yahoo.com/jason-kidd-lakers-assistant-coach-lionel-hollins-223014295.html

"And as if three former head coaches on the staff wasn’t enough, former Phoenix Suns and New York Knicks head coach Jeff Hornacek could also be a candidate for the staff, according to the New York Daily News’ Stefan Bondy. "

after reading the article it seems to me that if Vogel doesn't produce they have Kidd and Hollins who have HC experience to take over immediately. Seems to me the King would want Kidd as a coach.

Reactions: jadis and WLVCA

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I like Lionel Hollins.....but not a Jason Kidd fan at all. Plus Jeff Hornacek????

Guess Frank Vogel will spend more time looking over his shoulder than watching his players on the court.

Maybe Kidd. Because he wants to be bumped by players, and now he might not need to hold a water cup. LeBron will bump him all the time. :D

LeBron just needs a guy to call timeouts and check the fouls and time left and he'll be ok.

Reactions: Steve Williams

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
If the Lakers trade Kuzma, Ingram, Ball and the #4 pick for Anthony Davis they could have more coaches than players.

James might as well demand that he be made a playing coach as well, so, 5 coaches. Why not?

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
My 'dream' LeBron trade scenario is that he gets traded to the Charlotte Hornets, for Kemba and maybe 4 other players. Then, he can sit down with the other number 23, the owner, and start his bit about who to hire, who to fire, and what he wants to do with Jordan's team. Yeah! :D

rblnr

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ

Frank Vogel's the last guy in the world I'd want to be. Kidd tried to force out the Net's management years ago and nobody misses him in Milwaukee. He's after the head job.

Anybody else feel the Raptors have to win tonight with Klay at least hobbled and Durant out?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing