New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
The Lakers have been tight lipped as to who their next much needed big acquisition will be. Yes I look at it as a rented team desperate to win it all now as the Warriors have no chance in the coming year (s). Will it all implode in the next few years when the King steps down or goes down with an injury. The fact that AD is still going to test free agency is interesting as I’m sure that’s not Le Brons idea but rather Rich Paul’s whom I thought was the mouth piece for James.

Reactions: jadis and christoph

Steve Williams

As for the Lakers the unknown mystery that almost assuredly will get further play will be Jason Kidd and his coaching role. I remember the year he retired how he groomed himself as the only one good enough to coach the nets. Then he decided he would be a better coach in Milwaukee. And now he is an assistant with the Lakers. How long will that last before the King decides they need a coaching change

As far as I’m concerned James will never be viewed as a Laker but as an opportunist only interested in the preservation of his legacy.

Reactions: jadis

Steve Williams

I’ve been a Lakers fan since the 70’s. When I stop to think of all the great Lakers who played for that team James doesn’t even enter my mind.

I will never cozy up to him as a Laker even if they find a way to win it.

Steve Williams

As rblnr asks aren’t we tired of these players and how they are now managing management and disrupting the entire chemistry of the league. The Pels IMO are the team of the future as the Lakers gave it all up and almost certainly in 3-5 years will be mired in the cellar again under another rebuild

Adam Silver has done nothing to assert his authority

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein

rblnr

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ
4-year $159m contract, of which 1 yr just passed. Aging and less and less effective.

I raise my hand.

And I have high high respect for one Serge Ibaka. Gasol came in and dislodged him from the starter position. He would be playing like 9 minutes a game and score a few points for several games. But he never said a word, and when the playoffs came and his number was called, he performed as well as he could have, scoring, blocking and rebounding, like nothing happened. A super pro if I ever saw one. He has a big salary but that never got into his head. Hats off.

I thought Ibaka was huge in the series. High # of big plays/min.

Steve Williams

More on the Chris Paul fiasco

Report: Chris Paul wants out of Houston
Rockets GM Daryl Morey, Paul deny report
NBA.com staff reports

https://www.nba.com/article/2019/06/18/report-chris-paul-trade-demand-harden-rockets

where there's smoke there's fire.

So far the Vegas oddsmakers are making Lakers 4-1 favorites. What do they know that we don't

It'll take a dust up like Draymond Green vs KD (James vs AD)to bring down the Lakers House of Cards as he has already said he is going into free agency

Reactions: christoph and jadis

rblnr

May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ
Don't understand the Vegas line at all. They've never played together/new coach/questionable supporting cast.

Steve Williams

as I see it if the Lakers open softly in their first 10 games my guess is a very quick coaching change as they have done so many times over the past 10 years

Someone say Jason Kidd takeover

Does anyone think Kidd is a good coach? To me he is an opportunist just like James. They will feed off one another

rblnr

May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ
Reactions: christoph and WLVCA

rblnr

May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ
as I see it if the Lakers open softly in their first 10 games my guess is a very quick coaching change as they have done so many times over the past 10 years

Does anyone think Kidd is a good coach? To me he is an opportunist just like James. They will feed off one another

I find it odd at best that two guys who were both shown the door for two other teams, so four total firings after fairly short stints, are selected to coach one of the biggest franchises.

Last edited:
Reactions: jadis and christoph

Steve Williams

That is a good move by the Jazz - Rubio is solid at best and can't shoot so Conley is a big step up. Should make the Jazz a factor in the West next season.
well after all they all have to be able to beat the 4 to 1 favorite Lakers ;)

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Phil

with Horford and Irving leaving the Celts I would say Ainge has his work cut out for him

Well Steve, I even heard from a local Celtics fan who is a friend of mine saying he thinks Ainge should retire. Mixed feelings is what I have. In Kyrie, I was thrilled when he came, for what he was, hitting the go ahead shot to claim a title in Game 7 on the road. That was a big credential. His first season was good though he got injured and missed most of the playoffs. Second season was still ok till he played leader and called out the young Celtics and the now Celtic lore - a Celtic apologized to the dreaded traveling king. And the shot miserable in the Bucks series, and left the last game before it was finished The writing was on the wall. As for Horford, he did what he had to do on a business standpoint. Wanted a Chris Paul (aging but long term ) deal. Can't blame him. So that leaves us back to Ainge, tomorrow is draft day and he had some good trades done on draft day. That is what the C fans are waiting. Indeed, he has some big work to do, and burn the midnight oil as he used to say. Overall, I am still glad C's have Tatum. I saw a video clip of his series against the Cavs as a rookie, dunking over James and all, and last season's clips, he was just happy being Kobe (as the vlogger said), shooting long shots instead of driving towards a clear path inside. That can easily be changed - stay away from Kobe's training clinics. :D

Steve Williams

Once a hero now a chump

Remember when Mitch Kupchak could do no wrong

Now it’s Danny Ainge who was commended highly for years on his performance and now because no AD and the exit of Horford and Irving suddenly people are calling for him to retire.

I anticipate in 3-4 years Pelinka’s head will roll ( if not sooner)

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

Kidd claims to have a 'white book' he compiled while being a player and taking notes from his coaches. That was his selling point to the Nets, including the no timeout left - hit me and my water cup for an official's time out. Gee, Kerr didn't use that trick in the waning seconds. :D Kidd also had a 'real' coach as assistant in Lawrence Frank, and shoved him 'up' to do some pencil pushing job with the Nets. Frank, btw, is now the PRESIDENT of BO for the Clippers. How he sold himself to the Bucks is a coup d'etat, talking to the Bucks while they still had a coach. Shall I say good luck, Frank, the other Frank - Vogel.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing