New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
I like KD. Probably one of the best players ever. I love to watch him play. Somehow , however I feel his decision to team with Kyrie could be ill fated especially with Kyrie playing the first year on his own as he tries to enamor his new team mates
KD is my favorite player but I have to agree with you, Steve:
Why the hell did he team up with Kyrie (ok, he could do worse than this) but why go to the Nets? The Nets will always be the suburban version of a notoriously incompetitive Team known as the Knicks.
I would have even preferred the two going to the Knicks instead of the Nets :rolleyes:

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
IMHO the only commentator in basketball to whom I give credence is Woj. All others are opinions. Having said that there are those I love watching like Shaq, Ernie, Charles and Kenny but it is the other team that comes from ESPN which has Paul Pierce, some young woman, Jalen and Chauncey

To me Jalen is a moron who thinks everything he says is gospel, whereas with Pierce whatever he says, you bet the opposite :). Chauncey OTOH I believe to be half decent

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Boston's K&K officially signed and were presented to the media. Kemba and Kanter, who will wear No. 11 of flat earther. :D

I'm very pleased with these 2 acquisitions. So we have Tatum, Brown, and Hayward to complete the first 5. Morris, for $ reasons, went to the Knicks. The important man of course is Hayward, year 2 of rehab and if he only gets his speed back, he would be very helpful for the C's. Last season he obviously gained weight from the 1 year hiatus following the surgery and moved like he was in slo-mo most of the time. C's also have 3 rookies who can shoot long range and I guess that is what the C's were missing. We also may see the likes of a 7'6" guy who either can be a slim Hakeem or a Manute Bol or none of them. :D A WIP. Kemba averaged 25 ppg last season, almost the same as Kyrie, so on paper we are about even in that 'swap'. Kanter will be a better rebounder than Al but we will miss the medium range shots of Al. That is where Tatum should pounce in as somehow his shot selections went haywire last year. Brown is in a contract year and he has seen how Rozier got a fat contract with Charlotte and this might motivate him further. Smart, will be smart. :)

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
IMHO the only commentator in basketball to whom I give credence is Woj. All others are opinions. Having said that there are those I love watching like Shaq, Ernie, Charles and Kenny but it is the other team that comes from ESPN which has Paul Pierce, some young woman, Jalen and Chauncey

To me Jalen is a moron who thinks everything he says is gospel, whereas with Pierce whatever he says, you bet the opposite :). Chauncey OTOH I believe to be half decent
:D

Steve Williams

Reactions: christoph and jadis

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

CP3 has, from what I read just now, a most atrocious contract in recent memory. Then there is scary Terry getting a scary contract from the Hornets, 3 yr deal for almost $20m a year - for what? And what for? Tobias Harris is also ranked as one of the worst contracts. And thanks for their CBA, these max contracts are going sky high. And oh, the max extension of Ben Simmons at 5 years $170m raised some eyebrows for a guy who can be beaten in a shooting contest by a street shooter in Manila. :D Which reminds me, Lakers are still paying for the bad contract of Luol Deng for the next 2 or 3 seasons - with him probably playing 2K at home and not even on the bench. I imagine Melo was doing that too while being paid. Westbrook, if he goes bust in Houston, will also have his contract run bad. :)

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
The big reason the Clippers traded Tobias Harris is that they did not want to give him a max deal. He is a very good player but not one of the best players. In the current environment players are getting max deals that shouldn't.

When a team does that once or twice they end up being strapped by those deals for 4 or 5 years.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
The big reason the Clippers traded Tobias Harris is that they did not want to give him a max deal. He is a very good player but not one of the best players. In the current environment players are getting max deals that shouldn't.

When a team does that once or twice they end up being strapped by those deals for 4 or 5 years.

Exactly. This money thing has really really gone out of hand. I recall one case, when the Celtics won the title in 2008, James Posey bolted out even before the DVDs were being shipped out, to sign a 4-year contract with New Orleans which doubled his annual salary from Boston. What happened to winning a title? Well, the answer is Kawhi, though in his case it was hometown and Paul George that also played a factor, which is why he had to take less money than what he could have gotten from the Raptors. And when players win, they sign a short 1 and 1 or 2 and 1 contract, to be sure they can bolt out again if they lose. :D Funny league.

Last edited:

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Reactions: christoph

Steve Williams

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

Steve Williams

Reactions: WLVCA and jadis

Steve Williams

Reactions: jadis

Steve Williams

So here’s my question to all you guys here.....

Forget about the west for a moment

Who will emerge out of the East. I thought the Bucks looked average at best. I did like Sixers and I like Celts.

I guess I’m really asking if the Bucks just got lucky last year. Giannis in the playoffs also looked average

And of course will the Clipps emerge from the west

It’s also about injuries as we saw this past finals.

Reactions: christoph and jadis

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing