New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
... and the Warriors.
That would be cool and make them immortal. To come back against all odds and win another title :eek::cool:
Making the Warriors immortal would be on the backs of Steph and Draymond. Their bench is gone.

I was hoping the Lakers would get Iggy

Reactions: jadis and christoph

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
I knew exactly what you meant
Instead of NOT winning against the Cavs after an almost perfect regular season and this year after being struck by bad luck and injuries they could come back and win another championship when everyone has written them off, that would place them waaayyyy high up there :eek:

Steve Williams

The King is soon to be 35. One worries about recurrent groin injuries in athletes

KL sits a lot of games during the season. As great a player as he is he looked winded during the series and needed to come out for a blow.
KD is out for the year

Klay might come back but he won’t be the same Klay. I always worry about reinjuries

Look st Stephs ankle over the years

Sixers have potential

All of the dynamic duos teams have given up the farm to win now cuz with no draft choices later they all need to win now.

Finally what was KD thinking to sign with Kyrie.

Reactions: jadis and christoph

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
In this clip, Rich Paul sounds like, or seems like a 'good guy'. Nahhh. :D

And he made Jalen look like a good guy here. :D

Reactions: Steve Williams

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Sixers have potential

Sure do. They were just 4 bounces away from OT and a possible win in Game 7. :D

Embiid/Horford in the paint. Wow. That is a lethal combo.

Just like the C's, the Sixers' future has to be now. Those top 3 draft picks of the Sixers through the last 4 or 5 years need to end the process, as they have not much to pick anymore. Embiid, Simmons, Okafor, Fultz. Only the first 2 remain. 3,1,3,1 - order of pick. The only team not to be able to capitalize like them is the Thunder - KD, Russ and Harden. So as spooky as it may seem, a bust year for the Sixers and they might trade out Embiid and Simmons for 60 picks. :D

Steve Williams

Jalen Rose continues to shine as the perpetual moron who tries to show he knows everything going on in the league.

Rich Paul was beating around the bush

How much do you think he makes each year

IIRC nba agents are allow a max of 3% of a players contract.

https://www.forbes.com/companies/klutch-sports/#50a944aa79ad

Not bad $25M per year.

Reactions: christoph and jadis

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Since the 'report' came from Stephen A, just have to take it with a grain of salt. :)

https://sports.yahoo.com/rumor-kawhi-leonard-advisor-uncle-180512395.html

"This is me putting on my reporter’s hat here. People in NBA circles are talking about this right now. Allegedly, the uncle, Uncle Dennis, was asking for a lot of stuff from the other teams. Houses, planes, sponsorship, guaranteed sponsorship money, just as an example. They’re throwing this stuff out there.

I have no idea whether this is true or not. I’m not trying to cast any aspersions on Uncle Dennis. But people in NBA circles are talking about this as we speak."​

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

Steve Williams

Since the 'report' came from Stephen A, just have to take it with a grain of salt. :)

https://sports.yahoo.com/rumor-kawhi-leonard-advisor-uncle-180512395.html

"This is me putting on my reporter’s hat here. People in NBA circles are talking about this right now. Allegedly, the uncle, Uncle Dennis, was asking for a lot of stuff from the other teams. Houses, planes, sponsorship, guaranteed sponsorship money, just as an example. They’re throwing this stuff out there.​
I have no idea whether this is true or not. I’m not trying to cast any aspersions on Uncle Dennis. But people in NBA circles are talking about this as we speak."​

It seems Kawhi's uncle has a lot in common with Lonzo's father

Steve Williams

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Here is the best read of the day about players being the tail wagging the dog

Why Kawhi Leonard's power move was a watershed moment

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/27240776/why-kawhi-leonard-power-move-was-watershed-moment

Very revealing article. Shows that Adam Silver is powerless in all these players' whispering with their shirts in their mouths. Kawhi, I recall, sat out despite the Spur's medical team's clearance, prompting Pop to say - you gotta ask his 'group'. And here is the rule, as quoted in the article:

"Teams can fine players for sitting out without good cause. They never will, because they know doing so will alienate other stars. "

So out with that rule. Then there is a blatant move of LeBron to snatch AD from NO. Everyone knows that story and it became real and now here we are to the point that Rich Paul had to deny he 'runs' the Lakers. AD got fined a measely $50k for violating a rule of public declaration of a trade demand, and Magic got $500k fine for a wink and a second $50k fine for complimenting Giannis (Doc got fined from that too, on Kawhi). My conclusion - LeBron ( is still the poster boy of Silver's continuing thrust at the $$$ side of the league.

Steve Williams

Well hopefully the face of the NBA will change soon. Of course Jeannie will retire his number as a Kaker of course

LeBron wants to be like Mike. He will certainly achieve it in money and perhaps in Space Jam2 but hopefully he’ll never own a team like Mike

A team owned by leBron and players all from Rich Paul unless of course Rich Paul is the coimissioner by then

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
For what it's worth...

#TheJumpThe NBA is investigating potential tampering violations in 2019 NBA free agency | The Jump

Rachel Nichols, Jorge Sedano and Dave McMenamin react to a report from Brian Windhorst and Zach Lowe that the NBA is investigating potential tampering violations ahead of 2019 NBA free agency, particularly on deals that were announced almost as soon as the negotiating period began. Such early deals were Kevin Durant and Kyrie Irving to the Brooklyn Nets, as well as Kemba Walker to the Boston Celtics.

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Well hopefully the face of the NBA will change soon. Of course Jeannie will retire his number as a Kaker of course

LeBron wants to be like Mike. He will certainly achieve it in money and perhaps in Space Jam2 but hopefully he’ll never own a team like Mike

A team owned by leBron and players all from Rich Paul unless of course Rich Paul is the coimissioner by then

LeBron's plan is to buy the Lakers...from what I've read. ;)

Steve Williams

Im watching the LA news and sports right now and the following commercial was aired

I'll never eat another taco

Even on the set of Space Jam 2, LeBron never stops celebrating Taco Tuesday

and this is why he moved to LA because we have yet to experience the King of the Silver Screen

Steve Williams

For what it's worth...

#TheJumpThe NBA is investigating potential tampering violations in 2019 NBA free agency | The Jump

nothing will happen.

A little slap on the hands

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Im watching the LA news and sports right now and the following commercial was aired

I'll never eat another taco

Even on the set of Space Jam 2, LeBron never stops celebrating Taco Tuesday

and this is why he moved to LA because we have yet to experience the King of the Silver Screen

Geeez. I can't stand 10 seconds of that commercial.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
LeBron's plan is to buy the Lakers...from what I've read. ;)

Congruous to what he is doing now in the entertainment industry. Gather all the $$$ and buy a team. It would be better for him to buy the Cavs if he wants to follow Jordan who bought a team in his homeland.

Reactions: christoph

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Congruous to what he is doing now in the entertainment industry. Gather all the $$$ and buy a team. It would be better for him to buy the Cavs if he wants to follow Jordan who bought a team in his homeland.

LeBron may follow an alternative path as Michael Jordan hasn't done so well with his team in Charlotte. ;)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing