Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Reactions: jadis and christoph

Steve Williams

Steve Williams

I was interested to read that the Nuggs are predicted to finish in first with the Clippers.

I thought Denver last year was hugely competitive with every team and humbled the Lakers every time they played them. No real dynamic duo but rather a terrific all rounded team

To me the West is up for grabs

I still like the Sixers in the East as the Bucks seem to be the same team as last year and Giannis can't do it all himself

Steve Williams

Smart move by Tyrone Lue even if it is as an assistant coach of the Clippers and reunited with Doc rather than as HC of the Lakers and coaching The King and wondering how much longer his job is going to last

This way he is first assistant head coach behind Doc. That will be a great tandem. Had he gone to the Lakers it would only be a matter of time before he had chest pains and anxiety again as he waits to join the unemployment line

Reports: Tyronn Lue joining Clippers' coaching staff
From NBA Twitter and media reports

https://www.nba.com/article/2019/08/20/report-tyronn-lue-joining-clippers-coaching-staff

Reactions: jadis

Steve Williams

2019-20 schedule release: The Clippers-Lakers rivalry
Dan Woike from the Los Angeles Times joins GameTime to discuss expectations for the two teams in Los Angeles.

a realistic evaluation of the Lakers and Clippers by LA Times sport writer.

I like his comments about Paul George's shoulder as well as missing games by Kawhi and LeBron

Whats interesting is the Clipps have only 2 years to win their trophy and the Lakers maybe only a year if AD bolts end of this season

https://www.nba.com/video/2019/08/12/20190812-gametime-dan-woike-schedule

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Always like to read Dan Woike's stuff going back to his days with the Orange County Register. I noticed his byline in the LA Times a few weeks ago. Still have a digital subscription to the Times.

Tough time to be in the newspaper business though - maybe that's why Woike was happy to get the TV face time. :)

Steve Williams

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
James Harden says 'narrative' affected his chance at 2019 Kia MVP
From NBA media reports

Sour grapes or fact?

You can't deny Harden is a great player but for me MVP is just thatI, OW what does the winner do all around for the team and for my money I felt Giannis deserved to win

https://www.nba.com/article/2019/08/21/james-harden-speaks-not-winning-mvp
Harden lost all his credit with me.
First his Neymar-esque moves to draw a foul at EVERY shooting attempt and then complaining that the ref's Need to protect him :rolleyes:
And now this?? o_O
What a cry baby :p

Steve Williams

Reactions: christoph

Steve Williams

Reactions: christoph and jadis

Steve Williams

and having read the above article this one follows in its footsteps. Everyone has an opinion and they seem to change from day to day

For me it comes down to 3 things this season

1. The overall health of the dynamic duos during the season

2. How many games these stars will sit out during the season

3. The depleted back up help for these teams as each bench will be a factor

Debating the NBA's most overrated and underrated teams

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/27428964/debating-nba-most-overrated-underrated-teams

Reactions: christoph and jadis

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Contrary to expert predictions yesterday, this article looks at the 7 possible teams that could win the title. It is a very interesting read with in depth description of each of these teams

Big questions, greatest edge for seven NBA title contenders

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/27434744/big-questions-greatest-edge-seven-nba-title-contenders

These experts overwhelmingly pick the Clippers

Armchair quarterbacks are going to abound until this much awaited season finally starts

Seems like Kawhi's presence in delivering titles to San Antonio and Toronto is now the driving force in these predictions.

Steve Williams

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
welcome to the NBA Zion and all the trials and tribulations of becoming the next great super star

Zion Williamson escalates $100 million legal battle with fraud allegations against marketing firm

https://sports.yahoo.com/zion-williamson-100-million-lawsuit-pelicans-013236079.html

And welcome to big time capitalism, Zion. I don't know really what to expect with him, as in winning titles for his team, or he will be the most powerful player of his 'size' to ever play in the NBA, I'm talking pound of pound here, will he be the best?

Steve Williams

And welcome to big time capitalism, Zion. I don't know really what to expect with him, as in winning titles for his team, or he will be the most powerful player of his 'size' to ever play in the NBA, I'm talking pound of pound here, will he be the best?
Phil

I really hopes he is as he seems to be a genuine all round good kid with exceptional abilities as an athlete

I see him as the future of the game and really wish him a healthy and successful career. He seems to be handling all this other stuff very well

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Phil

I really hopes he is as he seems to be a genuine all round good kid with exceptional abilities as an athlete

I see him as the future of the game and really wish him a healthy and successful career. He seems to be handling all this other stuff very well

I agree with all you said there, Steve.

Steve Williams

I am hoping that the Pels through their good work and all of the adversity with AD will become the NBA team of the future which was all brought together by smart trade choices as they depleted the Lakers for years to come

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing