New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
What is puzzling to me the last time I saw Melo shooting in Houston, he just cannot make those shots anymore. It's all bricks, like those of Terry Rozier in Game 7 of an ECF. Now in this league where Marc Gasol now CAN shoot from way out, why would any team want a player who cannot shoot, regardless of his name or brand or reputation?

Reactions: Steve Williams

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Phil

I’ve always said you would be the best basketball analyst

Thanks Steve. I guess I learned from sitting beside 2 uncles of mine who were basketball fanatics and good analysts in the 70s while watching games on TV. One of them went on as far as saying that the purpose of the home team boo'ing during a free throw of an opposing player is to make the rim vibrate which in turn will cause the shooter to miss the shot. :D Well, I was only in teens then, so I kinda believed him. :D

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Reactions: jadis

Steve Williams

Reactions: christoph

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
Not sure I agree with this

Warriors' Steph Curry ranked No. 31 player in NBA five years from now
Brian Witt

,NBC Sports BayArea•August 22, 2019

https://sports.yahoo.com/warriors-steph-curry-ranked-no-234019684.html
I agree with you, Steve and disagree with the No. 31 ranking for Steph.
If we factor in injury prone-ness, then the very physical players like LeBum, Giannis or AD will decline much faster with Age :rolleyes:
You can place Steph (even with crutches :eek: )ANYWHERE on the court and he will connect two out of three ;)
So factoring in Age, Steph will be declining LESS than the others :p

Steve Williams

When I was young and began watching NBA and before I even knew what the game was all about I remember Bob Cousy playing for the Celtics and as a small man against giants he always stood out in my mind. His photo of the moment reminded me that his appearance has changed little over the decades

It was gratifying to see him age 91 awarded The Meda lOf Freedom by the President

Bob Cousy receives Presidential Medal of Freedom
Kali Robinson | The Associated Press

https://www.nba.com/article/2019/08/22/bob-cousy-receive-presidential-medal-freedom

Reactions: christoph and jadis

Steve Williams

Steve Williams

I liked Josh Hart when he played for the Lakers. I was sorry to see him go (along with the entire Lakers future) to the Pels but it is tough the way news is disseminated these days that a player finds out indirectly from social media and not his bosses that he has been traded

Josh Hart says he learned of his inclusion in Anthony Davis trade via Twitter

https://sports.yahoo.com/josh-hart-says-learned-inclusion-120028009.html

Steve Williams

Sometimes the truth hurts.......

Warriors were never final stop for Kevin Durant, Stephen A. Smith says

"You don't wanna make an enemy out of me."

ESPN analyst Stephen A. Smith said that about former Warriors star Kevin Durant in 2015 on "First Take" after the forward was vocal about not speaking to Smith.

Smith recently joined Bill Simmons on "The Bill Simmons Podcast" and talked about, among other things, Kevin Durant.

While many around the league speculated throughout last season whether Durant would leave the Warriors in free agency, Smith says that he never saw Durant's move to Golden State as a permanent endeavor.

"When Kevin Durant went to Golden State, I never bought the Steph Curry thing because Kevin Durant always knew it was going to be Steph Curry's town," Smith told Simmons. "He went there to - he never ever ever intended to stay more .. longer than he stayed."

Much was made of Durant wanting to have his own team where he was the star, after spending nearly a decade sharing the spotlight with MVP Russell Westbrook in Oklahoma City.

It would be unfair to say Durant was overshadowed during his time in Golden State, however, as KD captured two championships and a pair of Finals MVP trophies during his time with the Warriors.

"He wanted to go there, win a couple of rings at the very least, and then move on. Because then when he moved on, he would be moving on as a champion."

Durant left the Warriors to team up with Kyrie Irving in Brooklyn with the Nets, and now Smith is unsure when Durant will be on a team where he is the guy.

"Golden State was never a permanent situation for him from my understanding. And that was never going to be the case. He always had intentions to leave. Because he knew that would never be HIS. The question now is, what could possibly be HIS?"

[RELATED: Warriors who could be dark-horse candidates for 2019-20 NBA awards]

Steph Curry, meanwhile, is left to pick up the pieces and do everything he can to keep the momentum rolling for the Warriors as they begin a new era of uncertainty in their new San Francisco home.

KD and Stephen A. now work in the same town, so hopefully Durant doesn't try to pick any more battles with ESPN's most prominent talent.

Reactions: jadis and christoph

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
I liked Josh Hart when he played for the Lakers. I was sorry to see him go (along with the entire Lakers future) to the Pels but it is tough the way news is disseminated these days that a player finds out indirectly from social media and not his bosses that he has been traded

Josh Hart says he learned of his inclusion in Anthony Davis trade via Twitter

https://sports.yahoo.com/josh-hart-says-learned-inclusion-120028009.html
That is bad business and bad manners :mad:

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Sometimes the truth hurts.......

Warriors were never final stop for Kevin Durant, Stephen A. Smith says

"You don't wanna make an enemy out of me."

ESPN analyst Stephen A. Smith said that about former Warriors star Kevin Durant in 2015 on "First Take" after the forward was vocal about not speaking to Smith.

Smith recently joined Bill Simmons on "The Bill Simmons Podcast" and talked about, among other things, Kevin Durant.

While many around the league speculated throughout last season whether Durant would leave the Warriors in free agency, Smith says that he never saw Durant's move to Golden State as a permanent endeavor.

"When Kevin Durant went to Golden State, I never bought the Steph Curry thing because Kevin Durant always knew it was going to be Steph Curry's town," Smith told Simmons. "He went there to - he never ever ever intended to stay more .. longer than he stayed."

Much was made of Durant wanting to have his own team where he was the star, after spending nearly a decade sharing the spotlight with MVP Russell Westbrook in Oklahoma City.

It would be unfair to say Durant was overshadowed during his time in Golden State, however, as KD captured two championships and a pair of Finals MVP trophies during his time with the Warriors.

"He wanted to go there, win a couple of rings at the very least, and then move on. Because then when he moved on, he would be moving on as a champion."

Durant left the Warriors to team up with Kyrie Irving in Brooklyn with the Nets, and now Smith is unsure when Durant will be on a team where he is the guy.

"Golden State was never a permanent situation for him from my understanding. And that was never going to be the case. He always had intentions to leave. Because he knew that would never be HIS. The question now is, what could possibly be HIS?"

[RELATED: Warriors who could be dark-horse candidates for 2019-20 NBA awards]

Steph Curry, meanwhile, is left to pick up the pieces and do everything he can to keep the momentum rolling for the Warriors as they begin a new era of uncertainty in their new San Francisco home.

KD and Stephen A. now work in the same town, so hopefully Durant doesn't try to pick any more battles with ESPN's most prominent talent.
That is quite a lot of "I always knew that" (but never told?) AFTERWARDS... :rolleyes:
I wonder if KD comments on thess "insinuations" :eek:

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
When I was young and began watching NBA and before I even knew what the game was all about I remember Bob Cousy playing for the Celtics and as a small man against giants he always stood out in my mind. His photo of the moment reminded me that his appearance has changed little over the decades

It was gratifying to see him age 91 awarded The Meda lOf Freedom by the President

Bob Cousy receives Presidential Medal of Freedom
Kali Robinson | The Associated Press

https://www.nba.com/article/2019/08/22/bob-cousy-receive-presidential-medal-freedom

Cousy was before my time. I got to see him via replays and youtube. He has an awkward shot, and an equally awkward dribble, but both seem effective. I can't forget how he dribbled the ball away after Havlicek stole the ball in that famous game. Well, he was always the sidekick of Tommy Heinsohn in those Celtics games, and I think Tommy is always the biased one and Bob is the slightly biased one. :D Great to see Bob get such a prestigious medal.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Last edited:

Steve Williams

That is quite a lot of "I always knew that" (but never told?) AFTERWARDS... :rolleyes:
I wonder if KD comments on thess "insinuations" :eek:
He’ll never reply. Too classy of a guy

Steve Williams

Maybe Kobe and Nash should 'unretire'. :D

Report: Dwight Howard agrees to buyout with Grizzlies, will join Lakers on non-guaranteed dealhttps://sports.yahoo.com/report-dwight-howard-agrees-buyout-213558471.html

Ramona Shelburne
? @ramonashelburne

Dwight also met some Lakers players in this process. He convinced everyone that he’s genuine in wanting to play the role the Lakers need. And if not, he’ll be waived. https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1165010427471753216 …
“And if not he’ll be waived”. So they end up waiving him and they are back to square one.

I think Howard played 7 games last year. Andrew Biden was the same sort of con

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
“And if not he’ll be waived”. So they end up waiving him and they are back to square one.

I think Howard played 7 games last year. Andrew Biden was the same sort of con j

Steve, you mean Andrew Bynum. :)

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Hmmm. Has Howard's free throws improved? I don't think anyone knows or cares. :D

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing