Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Reactions: jadis and christoph

Steve Williams

Reactions: jadis

Steve Williams

My last post gave me this "what if moment"................what will happen to Lakers and Lala land should the Lakers not make the playoffs. IMO AD is gone as a free agent and the Lakers are forced to endure another two years of the King falling from his throne. I would have stilll traded James last year and built a better team around a younger star and better draft choices and trades

Reactions: jadis and christoph

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein

Steve Williams

As predicted this is not going to end well for Boogy

Arrest warrant issued for Lakers center DeMarcus Cousins

He’ll never play a game for the Lakers followed by a big fine and suspension. But this pales now compared to his legal woes

Reactions: christoph and jadis

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
As predicted this is not going to end well for Boogy

Arrest warrant issued for Lakers center DeMarcus Cousins

He’ll never play a game for the Lakers followed by a big fine and suspension. But this pales now compared to his legal woes

I thought Boogie had cleaned up his act after playing in New Orleans and Golden State. Apparently not. He just got married, too. Sad to see.

I suppose with his injury and now this legal (and character) issue he's finished in the NBA.

Reactions: christoph and jadis

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
It's pretty sad to hear these head cases in sports. Probably 90% of college players cannot get a contract to play in the NBA and here you have a guy whose future should have been very bright in the pro league but he chose to be a nut case.

Steve Williams

here's an interesting video....I tend to agree

I liked the comment and comparison between KD and Dominique Wilkins

Kellerman wouldn't build a franchise around KD or Lebron

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=27499331

Steve Williams

Reactions: jadis

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Reactions: Steve Williams

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
You'll stay with me and we will see a few games as well as tour all of SoCal
Thank you very much for this extremely generous offer but atm I cannot foresee when it would be possible. I will PM you later

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

Steve Williams

Reactions: christoph

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Goodness.

Steve Williams

Frank Vogel finally said something as the Lakers coach and of all things decided to throw some praise Dwight Howard's way....

Lakers coach Vogel on Dwight Howard: ‘We feel really good about where he’s at as a person’
Kurt Helin

Dwight Howard is going to play an important role for the Lakers this season.

But it’s a role. Defend, grab rebounds, on offense set some picks and roll hard to the rim then catch any lobs thrown your way. That’s it. In his last few stops, Howard pushed back against this kind of smaller role, wanting more touches — and more touches in the post, where he is not efficient — and with that (and some leadership questions) becoming somewhat of a distraction. There’s a reason he’s bounced around the league despite putting up decent numbers for a few years in places such as Houston and Charlotte.

The Lakers have bet things are different, although with the non-guaranteed contract they gave him the Lakers have hedged that bet. They are betting he’s healthy — he only played nine games for the Wizards last season and had another back surgery — and they are betting he’ll accept his role. They are betting LeBron James and Anthony Davis can keep him in line. Howard is saying all the right things, but there are plenty of skeptics around the league because Howard has said all the right things before.

Laker coach Frank Vogel, in an interview on the Lakers’ local cable channel Spectrum Sports Net, talked about Howard and the Lakers’ hopes (hat tip NBA Rumors).

“We feel really good about where he’s at as a person. He’s (@DwightHoward) gonna serve a different role. It’s gonna be more of a role player type of role as opposed to being the lead & he understands that.”​

Reactions: christoph

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing