New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
Steve Kerr says this Warriors season will resemble his first as coach
NBC Sports BayArea

Where the Warriors play their home games this coming season will look a lot different than last. How the Warriors play those game will look a lot different, too.

Steve Kerr confirmed as much, as the Warriors head coach told The Athletic's Joe Vardon that Golden State's season is far more likely to resemble his first year at the helm rather than the most recent.

"That first year we had to implement everything -- that takes time," Kerr said. "It's exciting, and that's what we're going to do with the new group, so that's really exciting.

"That part excites me," he continued. "It's going to be much more similar to Year 1 for my staff."

As you might recall, that first season worked out just fine for Kerr & Co., as the Warriors won 67 regular-season games on their way to the franchise's first NBA title in 40 years. He'd obviously love for the season ahead to conclude the same way, but Kerr knows the Dubs have their work cut out for them.

Kevin Durant is gone, as are Shaun Livingston, Andre Iguodala and DeMarcus Cousins. That's a lot of star power with championship experience that will be missing from the locker room, but Kerr argues there's an even tougher loss to overcome.

"Klay (Thompson) being out is really the big change," Kerr admitted. "Losing Kevin, Andre, Shaun, obviously, those are huge losses. Losing Klay on top of all that really changes the way we're going to have to play at both ends. Klay was always an integral part of everything. Movement on offense, but also the guarding of the ballhandler on defense, switching onto bigs. So until he gets back, we've got to re-imagine everything and adapt accordingly."

After tearing his ACL in Game 6 of the Finals, Thompson is expected to miss a significant portion of the coming season.

D'Angelo Russell, acquired in a sign-and-trade with the Nets, will be counted on to make up for the missing offense, but there will be growing pains in acclimating the new players on the roster.

"Lot of new beginnings, new arena, new roster, and probably some new things, style of play, strategy," Kerr explained. "We'll figure that out as we go. You always have to see how it looks on the court before you can really establish your identity. I'm excited about the challenge and it's amazing it's only a couple weeks away."
I really like Kerr :cool:

Steve Williams

I really like Kerr :cool:

He was a skilled player with an amazing 3 point effortless shot. Then he became a sports announcer after retiring and his commentaries always showed he had a true understanding of the game.

Then he became a coach

If you also remember that Phil Jackson wanted him to coach the Knick’s. Kerr wasn’t anxious and said he would only do it for $5M/year. Plus he wanted to be close to his family. So Mark Jackson who was the Warriors coach had just inherited Steph and Klay. and went nowhere. He was fired and Kerr got his $5M per year and the rest is history

As for the rest of the story Mark Jackson became the color commentator with Van Gundy and Breen who IMO are now the best team ( although I also like Reggie Miller who IMO is the sharpest dresser in the NBA and that includes Pst Riley

Reactions: christoph and jadis

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
I did not like the first two parts. Is the third any good?

The movies are all similar.....shoot 'em ups. My preference was the 3rd due to more exotic locations and Halle Berry. I will say they are well made movies....for the genre. They are so far fetched you just have to laugh sometimes. None will be up for any Oscars I don't think. :)

Reactions: jadis

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
He was a skilled player with an amazing 3 point effortless shot. Then he became a sports announcer after retiring and his commentaries always showed he had a true understanding of the game.

Then he became a coach

If you also remember that Phil Jackson wanted him to coach the Knick’s. Kerr wasn’t anxious and said he would only do it for $5M/year. Plus he wanted to be close to his family. So Mark Jackson who was the Warriors coach had just inherited Steph and Klay. and went nowhere. He was fired and Kerr got his $5M per year and the rest is history

As for the rest of the story Mark Jackson became the color commentator with Van Gundy and Breen who IMO are now the best team ( although I also like Reggie Miller who IMO is the sharpest dresser in the NBA and that includes Pst Riley

I like Jeff Van Gundy and the way he covers the game. Mark Jackson, not so much. That may be due to his days as the Warriors coach and the physical games when they played the Clippers. I do like Reggie Miller and the way he announces games. Reggie is also entertaining when he is on the Dan Patrick radio show.

christoph

Dec 11, 2015

Then he became a coach

Thanks for the interesting additional info on Steve Kerr.
As a Player, he was in the wrong Team for my liking, just because he was such a good 3 Point sniper :oops:

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
I do like Reggie Miller
I didn't like Reggie Miller as a Player either, also because of his excellent 3 Point Shooting :rolleyes:
He certainly was a great great Player but also for the wrong Team :oops:

Reactions: WLVCA and jadis

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I didn't like Reggie Miller as a Player either, also because of his excellent 3 Point Shooting :rolleyes:
He certainly was a great great Player but also for the wrong Team :oops:

I was amused by Reggie's choke sign on Spike Lee in those days. It was entertaining as I was not rooting for either team. And that 8 points in 9 seconds has got to be a highlight film for the kids. :)

Steve Williams

Steve Williams

I was amused by Reggie's choke sign on Spike Lee in those days. It was entertaining as I was not rooting for either team. And that 8 points in 9 seconds has got to be a highlight film for the kids. :)
It's a highlight film for the ages and that picture is immortal

Steve Williams

as we await the start of the new season many sportscasters are beginning to see the light (or lack thereof re the Lakers)

The Lakers Make No Sense | Open Floor Podcast-Sports Illustrated

https://sports.yahoo.com/lakers-no-sense-open-floor-133150050.html

I really agree with past comments here that Jeannie needs to hire someone who can run the team and make better decisions

For Michael Thompson to say a Lakers-Dubs western final series this year is IMO delusional

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
And one last play I will always remember - Reggie Miller pushes MJ and hits the game winner.

Reactions: Steve Williams

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

Steve Williams

Steve Williams

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson

Steve Williams

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing