New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Reactions: christoph

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Doncic leaves the game early after a hard fall on his head and the Mavs never recovered even after he returned . The Lakers looked good especially KCP who seems to be rounding into a terrific all around player with a deadly 3 point shot

Lakers cruise to an easy win. I was surprised as I thought the game would be tighter

Final Lakers 108-95

Season low scoring for the Mavs

Maybe the Lakers are for real

Steve Williams

Steve Williams

Things are even tighter in the west this morning as all of 5.5 games separate the top 6 teams and in the East 7.5 games separate the top 6 teams
I am finally starting to understand the Clipps Load Management strategy as they remain happily in 3rd place.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I thought this read would make our day especially Phil and Christoph.....

The King reigns: LeBron James named AP's male athlete of decade
In vote of sports editors, beat writers, LeBron outpaced runner-up Tom Brady

Tim Reynolds | The Associated Press

https://www.nba.com/article/2019/12/29/lebron-james-male-athlete-decade

Yeah Steve, my son told me bout that. And I told him it must be a downgrade because LeBron had proclaimed himself the Greatest of All Time via ESPN's program just last year. :D

https://www.washingtonpost.com/spor...-goat-its-something-michael-jordan-never-did/

AP should have added many asterisks like most traveled, best GM, best playing coach, and yes, a new category, best illegal recruiter (who gets away with it because the league has to stay popular). :D

Steve Williams

as good as the West is with superior teams, the reality is that no one has come close to the Bucks. No load management there along with the Greek Freak who is like the Duracell bunny. He keeps on going.

Best record in the NBA with not even a sign of a hiccup

Can they win it all? I would not be the least bit disappointed to see the Bucks win it all at the expense of the Clipps or the Lakers

Reactions: christoph and jadis

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
as good as the West is with superior teams, the reality is that no one has come close to the Bucks. No load management there along with the Greek Freak who is like the Duracell bunny. He keeps on going.

Best record in the NBA with not even a sign of a hiccup

Can they win it all? I would not be the least bit disappointed to see the Bucks win it all at the expense of the Clipps or the Lakers
I really don't care who wins as long it is NOT LeBum :rolleyes:
Even if he would team up with my favorite guy KD I would want another team to win :eek:

Reactions: jadis

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I really don't care who wins as long it is NOT LeBum :rolleyes:
Even if he would team up with my favorite guy KD I would want another team to win :eek:

You can say that again, Christoph. And I will say that again a hundred times over. The guy has ruined the spirit of the game. I have no problems with all the Lakers or Sixers rivalry with the Celtics, but this guy has done all things (legally and illegally) to claim not only a title but is self proclaimed greatness. I've always thought, and known, that greatness is proclaimed by 'others', not yourself. And the guy is good, using 'slight' dirty tactics as opposed of open dirty tactics to get what he wants. :D

Steve Williams

Rockets clobber the Nuggs so as we start 2020 only 5 games separate the top 6 teams with most of the season ahead of us.

I was surprised that Mavs lost again last night. Bucks keep winning. Could they beat the record of the GSW for most wins and fewest losses in a season?

with trade deadline looming what teams will make a move to solidify their playoff hopes. Will the Rockets deal Westbrook?

Finally Zion should be back this month. I want to see the Pels knock off the Lakers in the playoffs.

Reactions: jadis

Steve Williams

The Ball is now in LaMelo's court......I can't believe I am reading this. A private jet as well. Don't let Kawhi's uncle hear that story

Potential No. 1 2020 NBA Draft pick LaMelo Ball reportedly offered $100 million sneaker endorsement deal

The 2020 NBA Draft is fast approaching and as scouts and NBA front offices continue to do their research on the top prospects, they will also continue to have discussions internally to decide what factors - positional need, trade concepts, marketability, long-term vs short-term goals, etc. - will have the most influence on their decisions.

A good example of this, of course, is when the Bulls drafted Derrick Rose No. 1 overall in the 2008 NBA Draft. Rose was by no means an underdog or unexpected pick. He was a dominant player during his time in college but so was Michael Beasley, the other top prospect that year who ended up going No. 2 overall to the Miami Heat in '08. At the time, the Bulls would have been seemingly making the right decision with either player, but the fact that Rose was a native Chicagoan who had a special bond with the city ultimately tipped the scales in his favor. There is one prospect this year who - while not a Chicago-native or player with any hometown connection to likely lottery teams - may be selected for his off-the-court appeal just as much as his great on-court play, and that is none other than polarizing prospect LaMelo Ball.

National Basketball League (Australia) analyst Corey Williams reported on Monday night that a source close to him confirmed that Ball has been offered a sneaker endorsement deal worth $100 million. But just as eye-popping as the dollar amount is the perks. Williams' report stated that along with the $100 million, LaMelo's sneaker endorsement offer includes a private jet.

It was not revealed what company offered Ball this deal but for sure whatever shoe brand made this bid is certainly projecting that the 18-year-old will be a no-doubt NBA superstar in the not-too-distant future and he has certainly turned heads in Australia.

Steve Williams

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

Steve Williams

it was like watching 2 games tonight at Staples as Lakers come fast out of the gates and develop an early 36 point lead.Then came the second half and the Lakers stunk and Phoenix close to within 7 but Suns run out of clock and Lakers prevail 117-107

Le Bron gets a triple double and stunk in the 4th period. Misses so many shots and free throws

Steve Williams

I have to agree with AD on this one. Lakers had a 34 point lead and almost lost the game.....

Davis issues Lakers warning after second-half slump

Anthony Davis warned the Los Angeles Lakers must be more ruthless after they made hard work of beating the Phoenix Suns on New Year's Day.
The Lakers made a brilliant start to 2020, bossing the Suns to open up a 74-41 half-time advantage at Staples Center.
Phoenix rallied in the second half and although the Western Conference leaders ran out 117-107 winners, Davis says there can be no repeat of their second-half showing.
"You can lose games like that, which is the worst feeling in the world," the forward said.
"You gotta be able to play the same way the entire four quarters. If we're going to continue to play like that then we’re going to lose games like that.
"We don't want to come in and blow a 36-point lead. … When we get leads like that we gotta make sure we continue to play the right way."
Davis added: "We started playing a lot of one-on-one, we completely stopped playing defense.
"They were getting a lot of offensive rebounds, attacking the basket. Nobody was getting open shots."
The Lakers are 27-7 following three consecutive victories and next face the New Orleans Pelicans on Saturday.

Reactions: WLVCA

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Clippers play the Pistons tonight. Looks like Blake Griffin will be sitting this one out.

Bad news is Blake has another knee injury that isn't healing as anticipated. Speculation is that his best playing days are behnd him. Sorry to hear that.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Clippers play the Pistons tonight. Looks like Blake Griffin will be sitting this one out.

Bad news is Blake has another knee injury that isn't healing as anticipated. Speculation is that his best playing days are behnd him. Sorry to hear that.

I used to really like Blake, my kind of PF in his early days.

Reactions: WLVCA

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing