New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Lakers once again come out strong and open a 24 point lead only to see it dwindle to 7 before they decided to play Dee and prevail at the end over the Pels, barely 123-113 to go 28 and 7

AD is an amazing player and was terrific tonight on both sides of the court as he scores 46

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
I really like AD and think he is one of the VERY great players around :cool:
And he is just SO versatile :eek:
I hope he proneness to injury does not impede his way to greatness :oops:
I prefer AD in MANY ways over KL :rolleyes:

Steve Williams

Wiliams and Leonard each scored 24 and Harell scored 28 and they still lost last night

Plus Charlotte beats the Mavs in spite of Doncic Triple Double

I feel Doncic is going to give Giannis a run for the MVP award this year

Reactions: christoph and jadis

Steve Williams

This was a good read

It gives new meaning to the Duracell bunny

Vince Carter becomes first player in NBA history to appear in four different decades
From NBA.com Staff

When Vince Carter took the floor for the Hawks on Saturday night against Indiana, the former All-Star made history not with one of his many, many highlights, but with a longevity that stretches across four different decades of NBA history.

Michael Jordan was the reigning league MVP when Carter, another 6-foot-6 guard out of North Carolina, was taken fifth in the 1998 Draft. Tim Duncan had just won the Rookie of the Year award while leading the Spurs to the first of 22 consecutive playoff appearances (and counting). Shaq and Kobe were still two years away from their first championship. LeBron James was about to enter eighth grade. Luka Doncic was not yet born.

Carter has worn an NBA jersey through -- and beyond -- all those events while becoming one of, if not the, best dunkers in NBA history. Eight All-Star appearances, two All-NBA honors, an Olympic gold medal and countless posters highlight his resumé. Known as "Air Canada", "Half-Man/Half-Amazing" or "Vinsanity" in Toronto and New Jersey, Carter began taking on a reserve and leadership role later in his career.

Now, with more than 25,000 points to his name (20th all-time), Carter is making his final NBA lap. Having announced this season will be his last, Carter is chipping in a final on-court contribution to be claimed by the '90s.

Luckily, there's plenty to remember him by, most of it well beyond half-amazing.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Reactions: WLVCA

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Readers' comments. The last one is my favorite. :D

4 hours ago
Looks like GM LeBron got his trade request honored—and I’m sure the recent Kuzma / agent dust-up didn’t help matters much

4 hours ago
Everyone is overreacting to get rid of him. What did yall expect when AD joined the team? That Kuzma was gonna average 20 a night? Everything is fine as is. LeBron gonna retire sooner or later so you need to keep Kuzma unless he brings back a too good to be true package.

Guidelines
240 viewing

2 people reacting

4 hours ago
Looks like GM LeBron got his trade request honored—and I’m sure the recent Kuzma / agent dust-up didn’t help matters much

4 hours ago
Everyone is overreacting to get rid of him. What did yall expect when AD joined the team? That Kuzma was gonna average 20 a night? Everything is fine as is. LeBron gonna retire sooner or later so you need to keep Kuzma unless he brings back a too good to be true package.

4 hours ago
this is why i stopped being a laker fan immediately after lebron got there. since then luke walton was fired, magic johnson was run out, lonzo ball, josh hart and brandon ingram were all traded for his buddy anthony davis. zubac was traded because lebron wanted another "shooter", randle was let go to make room for his buddy rondo, and now kuzma ( the last remaining laker in the entire franchise other than the owner jeanie buss ) is about to get traded because his trainer doesn't like lebron james. even the jerseys are different because lebron didn't wanna be associated with the kobe bryant era. this man is a total psychopath. the lakers are better this year but only because anthony davis is leading them in every single category from points, rebounds, steals, blocks, win shares, player efficiency rating, defensive rating and even free throw shooting. he's gonna win defensive player of the year and is the anchor of their defense. lebron stat pads in 4th quarter blow outs every game to bump his total from 15 to 25. he's a total fraud

Steve Williams

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Clipps see to be struggling a bit as they are lucky to win at home over the Knicks 135-132

Kawhi was on LM day so I guess Doc is still on target by winning a game.

Steve Williams

Kawhi was on LM day so I guess Doc is still on target by winning a game.

They were lucky to win it. Clipps are either so good that it seems they are just keeping pace with teams and eek out the win. Maybe LM has something to it but I'd love to have a job that I make 100% of my contract and only work 80% of the time. It's all about the Larry O'Brian :eek:

Reactions: jadis

Steve Williams

Lakers continue to give up big leads and miss shots yet play enough Dee to win

106-99

Lakers had 20 blocked shots

AD is a monster with blocked shots and shooting accuracy. He is a silent giant and my candidate for defensive player of the year

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
They were lucky to win it. Clipps are either so good that it sees they are just keeping pace with teams and eek out the win. Maybe LM has something to it but I'd love to have a job that I make 100% of my contract and only work 80% of the time. It's all about the Larry O'Brian :eek:

I don't know a better word for it, but 'credit' goes to uncle Dennis for his hard line negotiations in including the 'LM' to be a stipulation for his nephew to hop on. And uncle Dennis can boast that his boy has already won a trophy with such a practice. Pop must be dazed at such turn of events - 80% and a trophy, in fact 2 trophies, including the finals mvp.

Reactions: Steve Williams

Steve Williams

We might be all talking and chastising LM only to see the Clpps smiling as they hoist the trophy at the end of the season

As for the Lakers they are playing full out and I can't see a 35yo Le Bron continue to function as he is doing now

IMO James is already showing this in every game as his stats dwindle in the 4th quarter where his FT's and layups etc are not going into the hoop. In last night's game in the 4th when they were trailing by 5, Lakers called a time out. The camera was on James the whole time and he looked tired and winded

AD on the other hand rarely breaks a lather and never seems winded. He is an amazing player

Finally in last night's game Kuzma played very little and his game was off. I guess he is feeling the desire of James to get rid of him for another of James cronies. I like Kuzma. He is a young kid with a great future but last night I feel the talk had him spooked

Steve Williams

well it seems the Nets 2 stars won't be seen until next season. Kyrie's injury is slow to respond if at all. He could be left with an arthritic shoulder which if so will adversely affect his career

Irving rehabbing shoulder after shot,

Brian Mahoney | The Associated Press

NEW YORK (AP) — Kyrie Irving will keep rehabbing his right shoulder in hopes of rejoining the Brooklyn Nets this season, though acknowledged that he may need surgery.

Irving said Saturday he chose to get a cortisone shot late last month instead of having arthroscopic surgery, with the goal of playing for the first time since the middle of November. He said his shoulder problem began with overuse near the end of training camp and got worse early in the regular season.

He finally stopped playing after a Nov. 14 game in Denver and the Nets have said his injury is an impingement. Irving said he also had bursitis in the shoulder.

He said surgery would knock him out for at least a couple months, but he would prefer first to keep working toward playing this season, his first in Brooklyn.

“I want to go out and play,” Irving said, “so just continue to rehab and live the results of me going out there and giving it an actual shot, going out there, being with the guys, seeing where we can land and then move forward after the season.”

He signed with Brooklyn in July but was hurt even before training camp when he was hit in the face while scrimmaging with teammates. He was hit again when he returned for an exhibition game in China, forcing him back to the sidelines.

Irving said he then tried to make up for lost time by doing extra shooting, even after games.

“It got to the point where I had overused it,” Irving said.

The All-Star point guard kept playing as the Nets struggled at the beginning of the season, even as he said the pain worsened after a home game against New Orleans on Nov. 4. The Nets then went on a five-game road trip, where Irving continued to play until the pain got so bad he was having trouble lifting his shoulder.

“It really is disheartening when you’re working your tail off to be a certain level and then your shooting shoulder just starts to give out on you a little bit,” Irving said.

The Nets have given no timetable for his return, saying only that he had been able to do work on the court but nothing where he would absorb contact.

Irving acknowledged the mental struggles he faced in Boston last season after the death of his grandfather. He said being injured will always be a mental strain, but he said he is in a better place after getting the shot.

“This is something I’ve spent the majority of my life working to do at a very high level and I want to do it at the best level I can, which is greatness,” Irving said. “And when you’re injured and especially when your team needs you, yeah, of course you go home and you’re like, ‘Why am I not playing yet? When is this going to turn? Where is the corner when I’m going to be turn and be well enough health-wise to go out there and play at a high level?’”

Irving averaged 28.5 points in 11 games.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
We might be all talking and chastising LM only to see the Clpps smiling as they hoist the trophy at the end of the season

As for the Lakers they are playing full out and I can't see a 35yo Le Bron continue to function as he is doing now

IMO James is already showing this in every game as his stats dwindle in the 4th quarter where his FT's and layups etc are not going into the hoop. In last night's game in the 4th when they were trailing by 5, Lakers called a time out. The camera was on James the whole time and he looked tired and winded

AD on the other hand rarely breaks a lather and never seems winded. He is an amazing player

Finally in last night's game Kuzma played very little and his game was off. I guess he is feeling the desire of James to get rid of him for another of James cronies. I like Kuzma. He is a young kid with a great future but last night I feel the talk had him spooked

Exactly, Steve. Spooked is the word. And rattled. My son can't believe how much power Lebron has with the Lakers organization. He is the defacto GM and Magic had to arrive early to meet with him. Poor Kuzma, he was a shining young star when he arrived. But Lebron arrived too. Just like Lebron's arrival from Miami into Cleveland. Kyrie didn't know what hit him as he thought he was the main man. Even after hitting the key trey he wasn't even still the main man and wanted out. This time Lebron believes he wouldn't be needing Kuzma to save him, he's got his boy AD already. Or all ready. :D

Steve Williams

The bolded paragraph at the end says it all

At 26-12, Clippers still trying to mold championship identity
NBC Sports
Kurt Helin

1) At 26-12, Clippers still trying to mold championship identity. Doc Rivers was blunt. Nearly halfway into the season, does the Clippers’ coach know what his team’s identity is?

“No. And that’s a concern,” Rivers said Saturday after a frustrating blowout loss at home to Memphis.

We know is the Clippers are good — 26-12, on pace for 56 wins and home court in the first round — with a couple of victories against the measuring stick team in the West, the Lakers.

What we don’t know, what we haven’t seen consistently, is a team identity. That leads to losses to Memphis or giving up 132 points Sunday to the Knicks (a game the Clippers won by scoring 135, led by Harrell’s 34 off the bench). Those kinds of games should be wakeup calls.

“We’ve had a lot of wake up calls,” Kawhi Leonard said after the Memphis loss. “I feel like it’s the middle of the season and some of the mistakes that we’re making, we shouldn’t be making at this time.”

“We’re not a great team. We’re not a great team…” Harrell said more bluntly in a frustrated rant after the Memphis loss. “I think that’s what we need to realize and wake up. We’re a team that still has to figure out things to win night in and night-out.”

When the Clippers are at their best they are a gritty, defense-first team that can shoot the three and has ball handlers in Leonard and Paul George who can create shots and get to their spots on the floor in crunch time. At their heart, this is a lunchpail squad that wants to outwork opponents — even their stars are not anointed top picks, they didn’t go to elite college programs (George at Fresno State, Leonard at San Diego State), but they outworked everyone to maximize their talent and get where they are

Patrick Beverley — the ultimate lunchpail guy and the emotional heart-and-soul of the Clippers — said in no uncertain terms Sunday the Clippers know who they are, they just haven’t put it together consistently.

Patrick Beverley on when the Clippers will know who they are - "I think we wake up every day knowing exactly who the f**k we are every night. It's just for us to go out there and put it together collectively as a unit. That takes time. But we will be better."

Injuries and keeping players healthy is a part of that — Doc Rivers has had a fully healthy core of his roster for exactly one game this season. Paul George and Leonard have played fewer than 500 minutes together (461) across 18 games, although the Clippers have a +10.7 rating in those minutes. (For comparison LeBron James and Anthony Davis have played 817 minutes together this season, Nikola Jokic and Jamal Murray at are at 977 minutes together in Denver).

“It’s been tough, I won’t deny that. It’s been tougher than I thought it would be because of (the injuries)…” Rivers said.

“The continuity that we need to be a champion, to me, it’s hard to work on that or even have, because you don’t have time. I’m not worried about it yet, but it’s actually on my mind.”

There is time, 46 games to be exact. As an organization, the Clippers have played the long game this season, being willing to sacrifice wins now to have Leonard and the rest of the squad rested and healthy when the games really matter in April. The focus is the ultimate prize, one that is earned in May and June.

But that prize requires sweat equity be put in on dull January days, and Rivers knows it. Good habits need to be built, chemistry worked on. The little things come together in those games, not by Rivers snapping fingers in May. That’s where the Clippers are right now, still trying to put things together. They need to put in the work now to mold that championship identity. They have time, but unlike that team down the hall, the Clippers are not far down that road yet.

Reactions: christoph

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing