New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Clippers play the Mavericks tonight. Should be a good game.

Paul George still out with hamstring but close to returning.

Reactions: jadis

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Clippers up at the half 60-49.

Watching on NBA TV. It is a Dallas home game. Very impressed with the Mavs announcers. They are doing a great job calling the game. Former player Derek Harper is their color commentator and his knowledge of the game really comes through.

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Clippers were up by 14 but let the Mavs come back in the 4th quarter. LAC finally pulled out a close win 110-107

Luka Doncic is the real deal - excellent player

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I hope that the Pels with Zion will be spoilers and make for an even tighter race in the west

Zion Williamson sets the stage for his NBA debut
No. 1 overall pick is expected to play against the Spurs on Wednesday

From NBA media reports

Zion Williamson's debut is looming, with him set to make his long-awaited NBA debut on Wednesday night against the San Antonio Spurs (9:30 ET, ESPN). The path back to the court hasn't been easy for the No. 1 overall pick of the 2019 Draft, but he's ready, at last, to play.

"The rehab workouts are long and strenuous," Williamson said Tuesday. "There were a lot of times where I wanted to punch a wall or kick a chair. It's frustrating to not be able to move your body the way you want to, especially since I'm 19. It's been tough, but I battled through."

Williamson's regular-season debut was expected to be one of 2019-20's marquee events, but it was delayed several months due to Oct. 21 surgery on his right knee. Last week, New Orleans Pelicans Executive Vice President of Basketball Operations David Griffin told reporters that Williamson was set to debut against the Spurs.

Reactions: WLVCA

Steve Williams

Good for CP3 for leaving $44.2M on the table. He's sure not my favorite player but one cannot fault him especially now that the Thunder are showing a bit of a surge

Chris Paul won't waive $44.2m player option for trade to contender

A hefty player option is thought to be behind the Thunder being unable to move Chris Paul on, but the point guard will not give it up.
Chris Paul is adamant he will not waive the final year of his contract to be traded to a contender for the NBA championship.

The Houston Rockets sent Paul, first-round picks for 2024 and 2026 and pick swaps in 2021 and 2025 to the Oklahoma City Thunder to acquire Russell Westbrook in the offseason.

It was expected the Thunder, who gained more draft capital and the promising Shai Gilgeous-Alexander by letting Paul George team up with Kawhi Leonard at the Los Angeles Clippers, would quickly look to move the nine-time All-Star on.

However, Paul has remained in Oklahoma City and led them to a 25-19 record – their latest match a 112-107 triumph over the Rockets at Toyota Center – making them surprise playoff contenders in the Western Conference.

Paul's $44.2million player option for the 2021-22 season is seen as a major obstacle in potential trade talks, but the 15-year point guard has no plan to give it up in pursuit of a ring.

"No chance. That's not happening. Nope," Paul told Sports Illustrated.

He continued: "People always try to tell your story. I'm just in the moment. If something happens and I get moved, I'll make adjustments. For now, I get to hoop. I get to play. My body feels good. I'm excited.

"I am without my wife and my kids, and when I get to practice, I'm excited to be there. I know we're going to compete. We have a fun team. That's all you want. A chance and an opportunity to compete.

"I guess I'm just different. Analytics may say this, the odds may say this. When the ball goes up that night, I think we have a chance to win."

Paul was surprised by the speed of his trade from the Rockets and the Thunder intend to do all they can to ensure he is happy with his next location if it comes to him being moved on.

"Outside of the immediate aftermath of when we initially traded for Chris, we haven't talked at all about the future or felt we needed to," said OKC general manager Sam Presti.

"Given that the trade happened so quickly for him and took him off guard, we thought it was important to build some trust, some rapport, and approach things collaboratively with his representation to see where his head was with respect to the situation with us. He never flinched, and that gave us confidence.

"His professionalism, his outlook, and his maturity have been on another level. We are going through a transition ourselves, so it's somewhat poetic, how he has returned at this point in the organisational timeline, and how he's elevated our team.

"All I can say is that Chris has been all we could have hoped for and more."

Reactions: christoph and WLVCA

Steve Williams

Lakers win in New York as the fans shout "MVP" to LeBron. Makes me want to take a Prozac :eek:

Lakers looked only good enough to win much the same as the Clipps. I guess it could end up as a battle for LA for the West. As good as the Lakers are, they have only played to their potential infrequently so far. I feel that if they do play to their abilities they could go deep into the playoffs. However the West IMO is still up for grabs

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Clippers lost to the lowly Atlanta Hawks tonight 102-95. Good thing I forgot to watch the game.

No Kawhi and no Paul George for the Clippers tonight.

I hope Doc doesn't burn sweet Lou out as a starter. He is needed come playoffs.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Zion Time....started the game but sitting with 7 minutes left in the first

8 min for Zion in the first half. That's some severe load management on the court.

Reactions: christoph and WLVCA

Steve Williams

Clippers lost to the lowly Atlanta Hawks tonight 102-95. Good thing I forgot to watch the game.

No Kawhi and no Paul George for the Clippers tonight.
That's as painful as the blowout loss the Lakers just had at the hands of the Celtics

Reactions: christoph and jadis

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Zion just recorded 22 points in 18 min the whole game. Can't wait to see him explode.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Excuse me, Zion made 17 points in 3 minutes before he was rested while the Pelicans took the lead. Sensational player.

Reactions: christoph

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Excuse me, Zion made 17 points in 3 minutes before he was rested while the Pelicans took the lead. Sensational player.

I had the game on and watched the first half but Alvin Gentry seemed to be managing Zion's court time closely.

So, I turned the game off only to have Zion bust it open in the 4th quarter.

Patience is a virtue.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing