New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
For me this is one of the saddest days for Lss Angeles, the Lakers, The NBA and the sport

He won an Oscar if you remember

To me he was the face of the Lakers for the past 10 years and now a huge success in media and business ventures

Age 41

It is difficult for me to get my brain around this

It seems last night's tweet adds to the tragedy and shows how short life is.

astrotoy

VIP/Donor
May 24, 2010
SF Bay Area
Horrible loss. I have only seen one NBA game live. It was in January, 2006 and I was invited to sit in a private box in Arco arena at the Sacramento Kings game against the Lakers. Bryant scored 51 points and the Lakers lost to the Kings - 118 to 109!

Larry

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
May all those on board that helicopter RIP. My thoughts are with the family and friends of all aboard. Sad day.

Tom

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Sad and shocking to wake up to this news. I thought I was dreaming.

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
For me this is one of the saddest days for Lss Angeles, the Lakers, The NBA and the sport

He won an Oscar if you remember

To me he was the face of the Lakers for the past 10 years and now a huge success in media and business ventures

Age 41

It is difficult for me to get my brain around this

It seems last night's tweet adds to the tragedy and shows how short life is.
I am still in utter shock :eek:
Such a great athlete

Reactions: jadis

Steve Williams

The league did the right thing by cancelling tonight’s game between Lakers and clippers

wwking up this morning I had hoped it was all a bad dream but turning in the TV immediately identified the remaining occupants of the helicopter.

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
He was quite an accomplished man beyond basketball, too.
The league did the right thing by cancelling tonight’s game between Lakers and clippers

wwking up this morning I had hoped it was all a bad dream but turning in the TV immediately identified the remaining occupants of the helicopter.

Just saw the Lakers - Clippers game was cancelled. I agree, good move by the NBA.

Steve Williams

In consultation with the NBA League office, the game scheduled between the Lakers and Clippers for Tuesday, January 28 will be postponed and scheduled for a future date.

The Los Angeles Lakers would like to thank all of you for the tremendous outpouring of support and condolences. This is a very difficult time for all of us. We continue to support the Bryant family and will share more information as it is available.

Steve Williams

Charles Barkley's statement on passing of Kobe Bryant

Statement on behalf of Charles Barkley:

“First, I want to express my deepest condolences to the families and friends of all nine people killed in this tragedy. I really want to emphasize that in remembrance of the other seven people involved. For me, this is like losing a family member, to lose Kobe and his daughter, Gianna. Basketball is a close knit fraternity and I’m just sad. Really sad. My thoughts and prayers are with Vanessa and their girls, the Lakers family and every basketball fan around the world.”

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
I appreciated Mr.Bryants' greatness although I am not a fan of shooters. I grieve because someone lost a husband, a father, a daughter and a sister. To add to the tragedy it appears routine technology could have avoided the accident.
I can only hope he is playing a pickup game with his daughter in heaven. The consensus is he had figured out what is important I n life.
Kobe and Gigi Peace be still.

Reactions: jadis

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
IMG-c1b5f9173977729c6c817549c9cbf1d1-V.jpg

Kobe is very popular in this country. He's ticket to the pearly gates is his shot. :) RIP.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing