New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Just confirmed our tickets. We are going up to Phoenix next Wednesday to watch the Clippers play the Suns.

Wonderful. The Clippers need to control Booker.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Can you feel the love......I hope Ray Allen rises to the occasion and shows up

Doc Rivers wants Ray Allen at Kevin Garnett's Celtics jersey retirement
Ohm Youngmisuk
ESPN Staff Writer

LOS ANGELES -- When the Boston Celtics retire and raise Kevin Garnett's jersey to the rafters next season, Doc Rivers wants Ray Allen to be there in attendance.

The LA Clippers coach said on Saturday that he has a role to play in mending the rift that still exists between Allen and some of his former Celtics teammates like Garnett.

After Allen left Boston to sign with the Miami Heat in 2012, some of those Celtics who won a title together in 2008 haven't forgiven or let go of the beef with the shooting guard.

"I hope not but it's proven to be, yeah," Rivers said when asked whether there's still beef between those Celtics and Allen before the Clippers faced the Sacramento Kings on Saturday. "I think it's ridiculous but it's still there, with some guys, not with every guy.

"KG is getting his jersey retired next year and I'm hoping everyone is there," Rivers continued. "I'll make the right calls -- that doesn't mean the right things will happen."

Allen joined some of his former Heat teammates to celebrate Dwyane Wade's jersey retirement and the Celtics rift came up again when Udonis Haslem said he would fight any former Celtics who still have a problem with Allen if need be.

"Once we knew you were one of us, it was all love," Haslem said. "If they got a problem with you, they still got a problem with us then. Whatever that is. Whatever they want to do. We old, D-Wade retired, CB [Chris Bosh] retired, we got nothing to do but fight. So if they want to fight, we can fight."

In 2017, Paul Pierce posted a picture of himself and Allen on Instagram asking that Garnett and Rajon Rondo let any anger go with the hashtag #burythehatchet. Like Rivers has said before, Pierce said that the bond that they all have from winning the title together in 2008 will never be broken.

Rivers plans on trying to help all sides heal and have Allen be there in Boston when Garnett's No. 5 is retired.

"I have a role in it," Rivers said. "I just think we won a title with Ray and we need to get over it."

Reactions: jadis

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Clippers looked pathetic today as they lost to the Kings at Staples 112-103.

Not seeing it with this team.

Steve Williams

I just get the feeling that the Clipps are thinking they are saving the best for the end but they aren’t playing like champs

IMO the team to watch and worry about now is the Raptors. They are hot now. What better retribution than to see the Raptors beat the clipps in the finals

Reactions: jadis and WLVCA

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
I just get the feeling that the Clipps are thinking they are saving the best for the end but they aren’t playing like champs

IMO the team to watch and worry about now is the Raptors. They are hot now. What better retribution than to see the Raptors beat the clipps in the finals

I don't see the Clippers getting very far in the playoffs at this point. They are not playing like a good basketball team.

Reactions: christoph

Steve Williams

I don't see the Clippers getting very far in the playoffs at this point. They are not playing like a good basketball team.
Difficult to understand why unless there is still player resentment towards Kawhi and his LM

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Can you feel the love......I hope Ray Allen rises to the occasion and shows up

Doc Rivers wants Ray Allen at Kevin Garnett's Celtics jersey retirement
Ohm Youngmisuk
ESPN Staff Writer

LOS ANGELES -- When the Boston Celtics retire and raise Kevin Garnett's jersey to the rafters next season, Doc Rivers wants Ray Allen to be there in attendance.

The LA Clippers coach said on Saturday that he has a role to play in mending the rift that still exists between Allen and some of his former Celtics teammates like Garnett.

After Allen left Boston to sign with the Miami Heat in 2012, some of those Celtics who won a title together in 2008 haven't forgiven or let go of the beef with the shooting guard.

"I hope not but it's proven to be, yeah," Rivers said when asked whether there's still beef between those Celtics and Allen before the Clippers faced the Sacramento Kings on Saturday. "I think it's ridiculous but it's still there, with some guys, not with every guy.

"KG is getting his jersey retired next year and I'm hoping everyone is there," Rivers continued. "I'll make the right calls -- that doesn't mean the right things will happen."

Allen joined some of his former Heat teammates to celebrate Dwyane Wade's jersey retirement and the Celtics rift came up again when Udonis Haslem said he would fight any former Celtics who still have a problem with Allen if need be.

"Once we knew you were one of us, it was all love," Haslem said. "If they got a problem with you, they still got a problem with us then. Whatever that is. Whatever they want to do. We old, D-Wade retired, CB [Chris Bosh] retired, we got nothing to do but fight. So if they want to fight, we can fight."

In 2017, Paul Pierce posted a picture of himself and Allen on Instagram asking that Garnett and Rajon Rondo let any anger go with the hashtag #burythehatchet. Like Rivers has said before, Pierce said that the bond that they all have from winning the title together in 2008 will never be broken.

Rivers plans on trying to help all sides heal and have Allen be there in Boston when Garnett's No. 5 is retired.

"I have a role in it," Rivers said. "I just think we won a title with Ray and we need to get over it."

I feel very very bad that time when Ray bolted to an intense rival Heat for LESS money. It was a 'pearl harbor' bomb, the kind that will make you hurt for a long time. And he achieved that, and rubbed it in by hitting the 3 ball that sent the Heat-Spurs game to OT in Game 6 that year. I know KG feels a million times more hurt than me and I personally do not want to see Ray again in the Boston TD Garden. It's up to KG if he wants Ray Allen there.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

The thing is, the 'way' the regular games were designed, was to instill players' chemistry with each other. One you keep doing LM to one or another, specially starters, you get to lose that kind of 'bond' or the flow of the team. it's like getting a new first 5 every now and then. If the Clippers can pull out a title this way, then hats off to them, but it will have its own drawback.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
And I should add, the Clippers have 2 new guys in the starting position - Morris and Reggie Jackson.

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
I feel very very bad that time when Ray bolted to an intense rival Heat for LESS money. It was a 'pearl harbor' bomb, the kind that will make you hurt for a long time. And he achieved that, and rubbed it in by hitting the 3 ball that sent the Heat-Spurs game to OT in Game 6 that year. I know KG feels a million times more hurt than me and I personally do not want to see Ray again in the Boston TD Garden. It's up to KG if he wants Ray Allen there.

:eek:

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
NBA
Dwyane Wade thought Ray Allen was a spy sent from Celtics to Heat
Really now. Ray Allen went to the Heat to spite Doc and Ainge for starting Avery Bradley when Ray came back from an injury, with lesser money at that. He can't be a spy because he hated the Celtics organization. He went there to make up the most hateful trio I have ever seen in my basketball life as a Celtics fan - James, Wade, and himself. I am very happy the latter 2 have retired and can't wait for the first to do so tomorrow. :D

"Ray Allen, of course, came over to the Heat in the summer of 2012. The All-time great shooter rejected a two-year, $12 million offer to return to Beantown and elected to accept a three-year mid-level exemption to join Miami.
His controversial decision turned a lot of heads at the time, considering the Celtics and Heat were bitter rivals at the time. The two teams even clashed in several intense playoff showdowns prior to that summer.

Allen’s decision was heavily criticized by his former Celtics teammates, including the rest of “The Big 4” in Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce, and Rajon Rondo. That beef is still not squashed to this day."

https://clutchpoints.com/heat-news-...y-allen-was-a-spy-sent-from-celtics-to-miami/

Steve Williams

Watching how easily the Bucks beat the sixers last night it is tough to think how any team (perhaps the Raptors) can beat them in the East plus the west has so many good teams that they will all beat each other up in the Western conference playoffs leaving little for the East West playoff

The Bucks have so many weapons and the irony is that except for Giannis they are all journeymen travelers beyond the peak of their careers yet every player has a role and plays it well. Brook Lopez was a dud with the Lakers but in Milwaukee he is a great shot blocker as well as having a terrific shot from outside the arc. Even his brother was hitting on all cylinders last night.Giannis is so fast and has such long strides to get to the basket that it seems as if he is flying

Today the Lakers have a chance to get even with the Celts. Should be a terrific game

Reactions: christoph and jadis

Steve Williams

some good news finally for the Warriors. I have always liked Steph as one of the best in the game

Warriors' Stephen Curry cleared for contact, targeting March 1 for return

NBA.com staff and Twitter reports

Warriors guard Stephen Curry was cleared for contact and says he's targeting March 1 for his return from his broken left hand.

Curry scrimmaged with the team on Saturday and both he and coach Steve Kerr gave updates on Curry's progress afterward.

"It's always been March 1," Curry said. "But that for me mostly is just to give you a target. You have to have something to work towards in the rehab process because that gives you a barometer for each week, what you're building towards. Like I've always said, I haven't had any setbacks along the way, this has been a very long, strenuous rehab process, and it's something I haven't been through before, so it's nice that I'm getting that type of response with every new challenge that I kind of go after."

Kerr said the team was energized by Curry's presence at Saturday's workout.

"I think everybody's excited," Kerr said. "He got an ovation today when I told the group he was going to scrimmage with us. Everybody was excited. It will be good for our young guys to feel what it's like to play with him and vice versa. Steph needs to get to know these guys, too ... it's a big part of the final third of the season is everybody playing together, acclimating together, with the trade for Andrew [Wiggins], the young guys, Steph coming back, these games matter."

While Curry is excited about his progress, he still says his hand -- which he broke Oct. 30 in a collision with Suns center Aron Baynes -- isn't back to normal.

"I'm getting used to what a new normal is," Curry said. "It definitely feels different than the right [hand], But you can try to get to a point when you're actually playing basketball, you don't think about it. Whether it feels all the way the same or not, it really doesn't matter. As long as I'm not worried about the things that I'm trying to do, the strength part of it. And how it bounces back the next day after pushing it, whether it's contact stuff or all that, you have to pay attention to all that type of stuff ... it is going to feel different."

The Warriors, who are currently last in the Western Conference with a record of 12-44, face the Wizards on Sunday, March 1, the date of Curry's potential return.

Steve Williams

The way the Lakers are playing now against the Celtics you'd think they'd be up by 30 points but Tatum has been unbelievable and has kept the Celts close until a Celtics flurry at the end of the half

Lakers 56-Celtics 54

Fabulous game to watch

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing