New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Looks like the fix is in for the Lakers - too many ticky tack fouls called on the Bucks

im shocked at how the Lakers played so well and gutted it out to take the win at home

AD won it at the end at both ends of the court. AD is the true star of the Lakers IMO

one of the best played games of the year for both teams I thought

Final Lakers 113-103

Caruso played a great game for Lakers and I also thought LeBum outplayed Giannis who was spectacular

up next the formidable Clipps on Sunday

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
im shocked at how the Lakers played so well and gutted it out to take the win at home

AD won it at the end at both ends of the court. AD is the true star of the Lakers IMO

one of the best played games of the year for both teams I thought

Final Lakers 113-103

Caruso played a great game for Lakers and I also thought LeBum outplayed Giannis who was spectacular

up next the formidable Clipps on Sunday

Very nice and impressive win for the Lakers......perhaps LeBron will still be weary on Sunday.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I've heard some analyst saying Giannis can't explode on big games. I'm pinning my hopes on Kawhi.

Reactions: Steve Williams

Steve Williams

Reading an article like this is the very reason LeBum makes me want to throw up.........I will never identify him as a face of the Lakers. The bold type is from me

LeBron James helps Lakers clinch first playoff berth since 2012-13

LOS ANGELES -- It took almost a year and a half, but LeBron Jamesaccomplished one of the goals he set when he moved to Los Angeles, ending the Lakers' six-season playoff drought.

Fueled by an MVP performance from James, the Lakers clinched a postseason berth for the first time since the 2012-13 season with Friday night's 113-103 winover the Milwaukee Bucks at Staples Center.

"I came here to put this team and put this franchise back where they needed to be," said James, whose first season in Los Angeles was derailed by a groin injury that limited him to 55 games. "The league is not what it is if the Lakers are not winning. And that was one of my responsibilities, one of my goals when I came here.

"Last year, wasn't able to fulfill that. Hurt me to my heart to go down on Dec. 25 with the groin injury that I had -- knock on wood."

As he knocked on his locker stall, James said he congratulated third-year Lakers Kyle Kuzma and Alex Caruso on their first playoff berth.

On Friday, James put together the kind of performance the Lakers envisioned when they signed him during the summer of 2018. He had 37 points, 8 assists and 8 rebounds while also taking on the task of guarding reigning MVP Giannis Antetokounmpo for pivotal stretches.

Though the Bucks' star had 32 points, 11 rebounds and 6 assists, he managed only eight of his points on 3-for-6 shooting when James was the primary defender on him.

The Lakers (48-13) avenged a 111-104 loss in Milwaukee on Dec. 19 in the marquee showdown between the two best teams in the NBA. On Sunday, the Lakers will try to beat another title contender for the first time this season when they square off against their Staples Center hallway rivals -- the Clippers (43-19). The Clippers are surging, having won six straight games and are at full strength with a healthy roster. They beat the Lakers in the season opener without Paul George and again in their highly anticipated Christmas night showdown.

The third meeting between the two Los Angeles teams was postponed after Kobe Bryant's death, setting up Sunday's encounter as their third matchup this season.

"We know how well they've been playing as of late," James said. "They're at full strength. We're at full strength. And we look forward to the challenge to see how we can match up with them again. So, you know, the first game, we kind of threw that game out the window. It's the first game of the season. Who were we? Who were they? They had way more returning guys than we did [at that point]. We were still trying to figure out ourselves.

"And then the Christmas Day game, we didn't play to our capabilities. We played great in the first half and then the second half we let it kind of get away from us. So we just look forward to see if we can continue to play good basketball, no matter win, lose or draw."

Reactions: jadis

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Reading an article like this is the very reason LeBum makes me want to throw up.........I will never identify him as a face of the Lakers. The bold type is from me

LOS ANGELES -- It took almost a year and a half, but LeBron Jamesaccomplished one of the goals he set when he moved to Los Angeles, ending the Lakers' six-season playoff drought.

Fueled by an MVP performance from James, the Lakers clinched a postseason berth for the first time since the 2012-13 season with Friday night's 113-103 winover the Milwaukee Bucks at Staples Center.

"I came here to put this team and put this franchise back where they needed to be," said James, whose first season in Los Angeles was derailed by a groin injury that limited him to 55 games. "The league is not what it is if the Lakers are not winning. And that was one of my responsibilities, one of my goals when I came here.

"Last year, wasn't able to fulfill that. Hurt me to my heart to go down on Dec. 25 with the groin injury that I had -- knock on wood."

As he knocked on his locker stall, James said he congratulated third-year Lakers Kyle Kuzma and Alex Caruso on their first playoff berth.

On Friday, James put together the kind of performance the Lakers envisioned when they signed him during the summer of 2018. He had 37 points, 8 assists and 8 rebounds while also taking on the task of guarding reigning MVP Giannis Antetokounmpo for pivotal stretches.

Though the Bucks' star had 32 points, 11 rebounds and 6 assists, he managed only eight of his points on 3-for-6 shooting when James was the primary defender on him.

The Lakers (48-13) avenged a 111-104 loss in Milwaukee on Dec. 19 in the marquee showdown between the two best teams in the NBA. On Sunday, the Lakers will try to beat another title contender for the first time this season when they square off against their Staples Center hallway rivals -- the Clippers (43-19). The Clippers are surging, having won six straight games and are at full strength with a healthy roster. They beat the Lakers in the season opener without Paul George and again in their highly anticipated Christmas night showdown.

The third meeting between the two Los Angeles teams was postponed after Kobe Bryant's death, setting up Sunday's encounter as their third matchup this season.

"We know how well they've been playing as of late," James said. "They're at full strength. We're at full strength. And we look forward to the challenge to see how we can match up with them again. So, you know, the first game, we kind of threw that game out the window. It's the first game of the season. Who were we? Who were they? They had way more returning guys than we did [at that point]. We were still trying to figure out ourselves.

"And then the Christmas Day game, we didn't play to our capabilities. We played great in the first half and then the second half we let it kind of get away from us. So we just look forward to see if we can continue to play good basketball, no matter win, lose or draw."

I am not a LeBron hater, just don't want to see him do well against the Clippers. :)

He's has had an incredible season at 35 years old - you have to give him credit for that.

So, I'll be rooting against the Lakers and LeBron on Sunday but I tip my hat to him for how he's played this season.

I can see why people don't like him and I can see how some Laker fans look at him as a carpet bagger but it seems the majority are in his corner based on those irritating MVP chants that you hear at every Laker game for him.

Steve Williams

I am not a LeBron hater, just don't want to see him do well against the Clippers. :)

He's has had an incredible season at 35 years old - you have to give him credit for that.

So, I'll be rooting against the Lakers and LeBron on Sunday but I tip my hat to him for how he's played this season.

I can see why people don't like him and I can see how some Laker fans look at him as a carpet bagger but it seems the majority are in his corner based on those irritating MVP chants that you hear at every Laker game for him.
I can’t dispute the facts but IMO Giannis will win again

i just don’t like the comment that he came to LA to make them a contender again. Yes a carpet bagger

but also yes for the accomplishments of a 35 yo player. He and AD took over tge 4th period last night in an all out attempt to seal the win

so tomorrow I am hoping the Lakers prevail but TBH I just feel the Clipps are the better team. Who else has a Lou Williams as the 6th man

if Clipps win tomorrow I cant see the Lakers winning a 7 game series against the Clipps.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

That's the thing, Steve, with LeBron, it's all about himself. I, me, and myself. He claims credit to all victories wherever he goes and wherever he is. I would have wished the Lakers would win a title for Kobe but not with LeBron being the loudmouth of the south. He is probably scheming to be the first guy to have his number retired by THREE teams at this point. Well, he has his 'posse' (word credit to Phil Jackson) Rich Paul to execute these plans.

Reactions: Steve Williams

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

LeBron won't be hated if he loses. :D

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

Steve Williams

Reactions: christoph and jadis

Steve Williams

Reactions: christoph

Steve Williams

Reactions: christoph

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing