New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
LeBron James rookie card sold for $1.8 million at auction
NBA.com staff and Twitter reports

LeBron James set another record Saturday night when his 2003-04 Upper Deck rookie card sold for $1.845 million at Goldin Auctions.

It's the most expensive basketball card ever purchased and the priciest trading card of any kind in the modern era (since 1980).

According to Darren Rovell of Action Network, the winning bidder was Leore Avidar, the CEO and co-founder of Lob.com, a San Francisco-based company which automates direct mail for businesses.

Only 23 versions of the Patch Autograph Parallel collection for James were ever produced. The rare card received a 9.5 mint gem grading from Beckett grading service.

Numbered 14 of 23, the card attracted 34 bids over the course of the 26-day auction.

I'm betting LeBron bought the card himself to put on his mantle :)

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I just heard a talk show where they now call the games ,the Function Room Games. :D

Reactions: christoph and WLVCA

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

Steve Williams

Reactions: WLVCA

Steve Williams

I must admit that I am eagerly awaiting the start of this reboot to the season. I expect sone surprises. Anything can happen inside that bubble. The players are ok now but wait a few months there and I bet they all go stir crazy. I even read that LeBron says he will miss his mother the most. :)

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
This is incredible. First look at the basketball courts, with plexiglass shields, benches with social distancing, etc. Coaches have their own booths. Hmmm, what about when Doc needs to rush INTO the court to complain? :D This is going to be something else, as the league now markets it - A Whole New Game. Maybe they need Elton John to sing the theme song too. :D

Steve Williams

I am impressed with Kevin Garnett in this one. He wants to be another Michael or Magic

Timberwolves owner listening to offers, Kevin Garnett hoping to buy
Ownership group led by Kevin Garnett is preparing a bid to purchase team

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — Kevin Garnett wants to come back to Minnesota — as a Timberwolves owner.

The longtime NBA superstar said Tuesday he is part of a group that is hoping to buy the franchise from Glen Taylor, who has owned it since 1994.

Taylor said in a statement he was recently approached by a third-party group to discuss the future of the franchise. He said he’s always wanted what’s best for the team’s fans and “ will entertain opportunities ” on the ownership structure of the Timberwolves and Lynx, Minnesota’s WNBA team.

Taylor told The Athletic that interested buyers have been told that the franchise must stay in Minnesota, which doesn’t appear to be a problem for Garnett.

He tweeted that “no two people love the city more than myself and Glen Taylor and I look forward to trying to work with him to achieve my dream.”

ESPN reported that Vikings owners Zygi and Mark Wilf had emerged as serious candidates to buy the team. The Vikings declined comment.

Garnett spent his first 12 seasons in Minnesota, where he was voted NBA MVP in 2004 when the Wolves reached the Western Conference finals. But he was traded to Boston in 2007 and helped the Celtics win the championship the following year, while the Wolves became one of the league’s worst franchises with only one playoff appearance since.

Reactions: jadis

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Is it my imagination or was the video above shot in a converted hotel ballroom. The ceiling in that room doesn't look like a gym or arena.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Is it my imagination or was the video above shot in a converted hotel ballroom. The ceiling in that room doesn't look like a gym or arena.

It is a hotel function room or a ballroom, converted into a court, from what I read.

Reactions: WLVCA

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
The video on my post #14,950 shows the actual arena where the real games will be played. I think even on timeouts, there is social distancing.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Bol Bol is 7'2", has a handle and a 3 point shot. Manute must be proud.
Oh yes, shades maybe of a Ralph Sampson, but Sampson didn't have a 3 ball shot.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
So the bubble league has a pre season of sorts, called 'scrimmage'. Clips beat Nuggets. PG and KL very impressive. Where are the oddsmakers. :D

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing