New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
For a while there I almost believed you. :D

I personally cannot see how the C's will pull out that trade, unless they ship out Al which will is not likely. And then, they will have 2 slow moving lumberjacks in Baynes and Gasol, with Gasol at 32 maybe running out of 'gas' during transition plays, no pun intended. C's need somebody, or some 'bodlies' right now as the loss to the Pistons at home last night showed some 'missing pieces'. As the C's fan now say, we now will blindly trust Ainge to make the next big move.

Not making the case for the Celtics. Gasol is a solid old-school center. Lumebring and slow but a force in the middle. Defend yoru basket and put enough stress on penetrators and centers alike to open up the game for the gazelles... That is what Kareem was in some ways ( not comparing them. Kareem at this stage of his career was still one of the 2 best centers ever) .. Still ... 32 is no longer the issue it was 10 years ago.. Kobe played to a high level until he was what...? 100? LBJ is still the best player in the game and could well play in his 40's ... Gasol is a solid player and one of the best center in the game... Slow but steady and relentless ... With a player like that the Celtics become formidable (if they aren't already). If the price is right ...

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Ironically, I just read about his sprained MCL and the 8 week recovery before coming here this evening.

Seems that whatever could go wrong has gone wrong for the Clippers this year.

Good thing I do this for fun..... :rolleyes:

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Ironically, I just read about his sprained MCL and the 8 week recovery before coming here this evening.

Seems that whatever could go wrong has gone wrong for the Clippers this year.

Good thing I do this for fun..... :rolleyes:

I feel for Doc and what is happening to his team, and now with more injuries. He had his bout with an injured Perkins who suffered a big injury during game 6 of the Finals and could not play in game 7. The guy was the starting center. And also the severe knee injury to KG the year after they won the title. And the ECF dislocated elbow to Rondo. And now this again. Hard times for Doc.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
After 14 seasons of whining and screaming at the refs he finally got noticed. What was he wearing, a mask that the refs couldn't tell it was James? :D

Monument protection? :rolleyes:

If he was wearing a mask, he would have been expelled all the time.

LBJ is allowed things anyone else would be fined and expelled immediately :p

edit: I just realized that we meant the same...

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Monument protection? :rolleyes:

If he was wearing a mask, he would have been expelled all the time.

LBJ is allowed things anyone else would be fined and expelled immediately :p

edit: I just realized that we meant the same...

Yes, we see the situation in the same light. :)

Steve Williams

Got to see the Lakers -GSW fame last night as my son bought tickets for my birthday. Great seats just a few rows behind the Lakers bench

Fabulous game. The Lakers IMO are a team of the future as they were exciting to watch. They had a 6 point lead going into the final few minutes and as always they could not hang on. The game was tied at 109 with 5.3 seconds and Lakers have the ball to win it. Pass goes to Brandon Ingram whole topped all scorers last night however his layup rolled around the rim to force OT. GSW opened the OT with 2 quick tres and 2 free throws and the game seemed lost once again only to have the Lakers make it interesting but they just couldn't close it and lost again.

I have heard the Lakers are bringing Randle off the bench in favor of Nance because they want to keep Randle healthy as they possibly shop him next year in anticipation of LeBron. I like Randle and he scored a lot of points off the bench yesterday. I would keep him over LBJ. The fans like Randle as well.

Jordan Clarkson however as the 6th man in is playing terrific for the Lakers.

Even though they lost it was an entertaining game. The Warriors looked good but not great as the Lakers hung tough.

I think the Warriors can be upset this year

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Got to see the Lakers -GSW fame last night as my son bought tickets for my birthday. Great seats just a few rows behind the Lakers bench

Fabulous game. The Lakers IMO are a team of the future as they were exciting to watch. They had a 6 point lead going into the final few minutes and as always they could not hang on. The game was tied at 109 with 5.3 seconds and Lakers have the ball to win it. Pass goes to Brandon Ingram whole topped all scorers last night however his layup rolled around the rim to force OT. GSW opened the OT with 2 quick tres and 2 free throws and the game seemed lost once again only to have the Lakers make it interesting but they just couldn't close it and lost again.

I have heard the Lakers are bringing Randle off the bench in favor of Nance because they want to keep Randle healthy as they possibly shop him next year in anticipation of LeBron. I like Randle and he scored a lot of points off the bench yesterday. I would keep him over LBJ. The fans like Randle as well.

Jordan Clarkson however as the 6th man in is playing terrific for the Lakers.

Even though they lost it was an entertaining game. The Warriors looked good but not great as the Lakers hung tough.

I think the Warriors can be upset this year

Great seats and a Jumbotron feature as well. I'm not familiar with Lakers players lately and I thought Ingram was Anthony Davis on a sudden look. :D The guy is really good. Powerful inside game. I saw some parts of the 4th Q and OT and Lakers were answering GS basket for basket. I feel the others teams are now more familiar with the Warriors kind of play and their best chance is to stay close and get a chance a win towards the end.

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
That was a very nice gift from your son, Steve. Glad you got to see a good game, too. Oh, and happy birthday, too.

Steve Williams

That was a very nice gift from your son, Steve. Glad you got to see a good game, too. Oh, and happy birthday, too.

Thanks my friend

My son tried to get Lakers vs Clipps a few days earlier but we still had a lot of family here after Thanksgiving

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I saw this Orlando Magic player and I noticed the hairstyle before his name - Elfrid Payton. The front part of his hair bounces around when he dribbles and it distracts my concentration from the ball. :D

CzHfnVKWIAEGfwG.jpg

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I saw this Orlando Magic player and I noticed the hairstyle before his name - Elfrid Payton. The front part of his hair bounces around when he dribbles and it distracts my concentration from the ball. :D

View attachment 37599

Is his favorite set play "Horns"? :p

Ronm1

Member Sponsor
Feb 21, 2011
wtOMitMutb NH
If he bounces the With that mane is it a double dribble

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Clippers are in a bad way. They lost today in Dallas.

You know it's really bad when the Mavericks beat you 108 - 82.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Clippers are in a bad way. They lost today in Dallas.

You know it's really bad when the Mavericks beat you 108 - 82.

I can feel for Clippers fans and for Doc who is not used to such low points in his career but injuries are the main killers here. Of the main cogs, only Deandre Jordan is just about the lone man standing. Nothing much we fans can do in these situations.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Shaun Livingston as the bad guy...never saw that before. And the ref with the head butt...that is definitely hard to believe.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing