New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
The blowout between KD and Green, Green's toe and Steph's groin plus a statement coming from an unnamed player on the team that says KD is as good as gone next year hangs a cloud over the thought of a "3 peat"

Sort of reminds me of the Kobe - Shaq feud that led to the failure of the 4-peat in 2004. The deeper would it was said was that Green told KD that we won without you and that could really hurt the feelings of KD. And I recall it was Green who texted to recruit KD after they lost the title to the Cavs. And I'm reading bout talks that the Warriors should trade KD this season and get a few players for him than letting him walk for nothing next year. And where did I read such talk? CelticsLife.com :D Kinda self-serving. :D

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
On the NBA web site the Clippers are #1 in the power rankings!

http://www.nba.com/powerrankings/2018-19-wee
I better take a screenshot of that because it is unlikely that will last. :)

Fun so far though.

Good for Doc and the Clippers.

Sometimes it's the team that has no hype and superstar egos that do well. Like the C's team with IT (who was not a star then), Crowder, Olynyk who that played very well. Now, the present C's have 'chemistry' issues now that they have a full and supposedly deep lineup. Another loss tonight to Charlotte on the road and we're close to .500, back to the drawing board.

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
The Clippers trailed most of the first three quarters but then outscored the Hawks 38 - 23 in the 4th quarter to win the game 127-119.

Clippers have Washington tomorrow night on a back to back so their luck may not hold much longer.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
The Clippers trailed most of the first three quarters but then outscored the Hawks 38 - 23 in the 4th quarter to win the game 127-119.

Clippers have Washington tomorrow night on a back to back so their luck may not hold much longer.

As long as they are not facing Charlotte, a Kemba Walker has scored 103 points in the last 2 games. That is a hot player now. :)

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
After leading by as many as 24 the Clippers ended up losing to the Wizards 125-118.

I shut the game off assuming the Clippers had it won.......wrong.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
After leading by as many as 24 the Clippers ended up losing to the Wizards 125-118.

Surprising. As the Wizards are 6-11 and there are rumors that Wall and Beal and on the trading block, and they scored 57 points between them tonight.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator

The Lakers have done that so many times. I feel your pain.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
After last night's C's loss to the Knicks, fans are now puzzled and perhaps in a state of panic. C's now at .500, 8th place in the East, on the 9th are the Nets, not a very pleasant view of the standings. Memphis now is on top of the West, with the Warriors at 5th. This is a most surprising start for a season in recent memory. C's scoring is actually fine, even Hayward is doing 18 points in 30 min. Problem is Jaylen Brown has 'slowed down', not the kind of Robin to Irving's Batman. And the defense is gone, letting the Knicks outscore them by 26 at one point, and Scary Terry is not scary at all anymore. 0-4. I'm beginning to wonder if teams are pouncing of Hayward's man, as he is slow in the D and players almost always score on him. Other than that, the roster is solid and they have quite a deep bench, on paper.

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
After last night's C's loss to the Knicks, fans are now puzzled and perhaps in a state of panic. C's now at .500, 8th place in the East, on the 9th are the Nets, not a very pleasant view of the standings. Memphis now is on top of the West, with the Warriors at 5th. This is a most surprising start for a season in recent memory. C's scoring is actually fine, even Hayward is doing 18 points in 30 min. Problem is Jaylen Brown has 'slowed down', not the kind of Robin to Irving's Batman. And the defense is gone, letting the Knicks outscore them by 26 at one point, and Scary Terry is not scary at all anymore. 0-4. I'm beginning to wonder if teams are pouncing of Hayward's man, as he is slow in the D and players almost always score on him. Other than that, the roster is solid and they have quite a deep bench, on paper.
IIRC last years start into the season was also strange with Philly in the top3 for quite some time and the Warriors 5th.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
IIRC last years start into the season was also strange with Philly in the top3 for quite some time and the Warriors 5th.

If there's any consolation to me, which some Celtics fan said in the fan page, "at least the Red Sox won the World Series." :D And, as I check the NFL standings, the defending SB champions Philadelphia Eages are 4-6 past mid-season. :) Strange things happen, Houston, just one game and a CP3 injury away from the Finals, are in 8th place, but there were like 10th or 11th a few games before when Melo was still with the team. Well, the season is still young, and lots of things can happen, is Danny burning the midnight oil and calling some good ol' friends who are GMs yet? :D

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
It is a very strange start to the season. It tells me there is more parity in the league. Heck Phil Lakers are 7th in the west and 3 games over 500. I would ever have thought that.Lakers are only one game behind the Warriors FWIW

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
It is a very strange start to the season. It tells me there is more parity in the league. Heck Phil Lakers are 7th in the west and 3 games over 500. I would ever have thought that.Lakers are only one game behind the Warriors FWIW

Yeah Steve. More parity, in the East and the West at that. The addition of Leonard and Green to the Raptors, and the addition of Butler to the Sixers were instant boosters to those teams. And I noticed that when the Lakers added Tyson Chandler, they got like a 4 games win streak. Memphis, I don't know who they added, but suddenly they're on top of the West. The Warriors are minus 2 starters now so KD has to carry the load with Klay. Now I'm more interested to see some more new trades. :)

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
In the meantime, with three SGs out, Russ and Shroeder have been sharing the court. I had no idea that Westbrook even knew how to catch and shoot LOL They passed the eye test at least against a likewise depleted Dubs team but hey two all-stars apiece sounds fair right? They seem to be improving behind Adam's stellar play as well as Noel finally showing why he was a top draft pick left to wither in "the process". Currently tied with the Clips half a game behind the blazers and one behind......Memphis?

REALLY?

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Clippers moved into a three way tie for 1st place in the Western Conference after knocking off the formerly solitary first place Memphis Grizzlies at Staples Center 112-107 in OT.

I didn't get to see much of the game, tuning in with 5 minutes left in the 4th quarter. Clippers looked like they were dead when somehow they forced overtime and then put it away late in OT.

Surprising season so far as noted above with the NBA world turned upside down. Good new so far for the LA Clippers so I'll take it however it comes.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Thankfully the C's prevent a 4 game losing skid by beating a not so top ranked Hawks. They look like a much different team when they are leading early. The shots were falling and hopefully this thing goes on for them.

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Clippers beat the Trailblazers in Portland last night 104-100. Tobias Harris had 34 points and 11 rebounds for LAC. Clippers remain in 1st place in the Western Conference with the Warriors hot on their tail.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Clippers beat the Trailblazers in Portland last night 104-100. Tobias Harris had 34 points and 11 rebounds for LAC. Clippers remain in 1st place in the Western Conference with the Warriors hot on their tail.

Tobias is quite good. I've seen him in his Pistons days. He should be like their leader, along with Avery Bradley.

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Clippers went from 3 stars (Blake, CP3, DJ) and not much behind them to no stars but a lot of very good players.

Now the Clippers go at least 10 deep with very solid players who work well together and play hard. One or another of these players seems to rise to the occasion almost every game.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing