New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
thank heaven no Carmelo Anthony. Lakers trade for nobody and give up the 7'0 Zubac who I liked

They go to Boston with the AD affair over and squeak out a oner point victory against the Celts in boston

I hope the young lakers now might sprout some wings and develop some confidence for the remainder of the season as they now find themselves in 10th place

With the Clippers move to tank for the rest of the season they just might have something up their sleeve to assemble a super team next year. Although I am a Lakers and not a Clippers fan I would love to see the clips get the next best team with some superstars so much so that Los Angeles will quickly forget LeBron. No one wants to align with him anymore

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
I just saw the video of the end of the Lakers - Celtics game last night. That was a heck of a shot by Rondo to win the game. I imagine he took a lot of satisfaction in that. Kudos to the young Lakers for the win

The Clippers certainly cleared the deck over the past few days so the stage is set for big moves in free agency this summer. Time will tell whether or not they are successful.....and thank you, Steve, for the kind words about the Clippers.

I started to watch the Clippers game with the Pacers last night but it was evident it won't be much fun to watch LAC for the rest of this season. From my perspective the best part of the game in Indy was the bat that kept flying over the court. Pacer fans likely saw it differently. :)

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
After the game, James said he wanted to win every single day. That's the way he has been since his move to Miami, not by just playing, but by interfering with management and coaching decisions, and that is why he is still doing those things now. Last night's game showed basically that LAL can win games with that set of players, as shown by the fact that when they got Tyson Chandler early in the season they had a winning streak. As to why the need to break it up, all fingers point to 1 man and his powerful agent. Dinner with AD by James and Rich Paul's public announcement that AD wants out of NO. The win showed the lucky stars are still smiling down on the team, as the entry of AD would team him and James up with Lance, Mike, Tyson, and Rondo and practically no bench. Well, Rondo did miraculously hit that 0.2 second shot. :D

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Clippers play the Celtics tonight. If I were a betting man I would take the Celtics.

I hope the C's don't go home with another 1 point loss. :) Doc has no ex-Celtic to nail that thousand to one shot. :D

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
2 consecutive losses to LA teams by Boston after the Super Bowl victory last week. Kyrie went out in the 2nd q with a knee sprain. C's then blew a 28 pt lead to lose to the Clippers.

Reactions: WLVCA

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Holy smokes! Epic duel between HOU and OKC! OKC claws back from a 20pt deficit in the third for the win. P13 scores 45 to the Beard's 42. Crazy!

CP3 looked great and Manimal is BACK to his USA Basketball ways. When Capela comes back HOU will be rock solid and now I believe can push the Dubs hard.

OKC shows that when they get your number then can clamp down like few others can. Too bad they wonn't have Roberson at his best until next season. He won't be a factor this year even if he comes back. Young Ferguson and Grant are coming into their own. This will be the team to watch in the West next year.

Reactions: jadis

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
2 consecutive losses to LA teams by Boston after the Super Bowl victory last week. Kyrie went out in the 2nd q with a knee sprain. C's then blew a 28 pt lead to lose to the Clippers.

Phil, the Clippers need to finish out of the playoffs to protect a first round draft selection. I did not appreciate what the Celtics did in that game! :)

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Phil, the Clippers need to finish out of the playoffs to protect a first round draft selection. I did not appreciate what the Celtics did in that game! :)

Mike, I wasn't aware of that bit of info, but I too didn't appreciate the big lead big loss thing that they did.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Holy smokes! Epic duel between HOU and OKC! OKC claws back from a 20pt deficit in the third for the win. P13 scores 45 to the Beard's 42. Crazy!

CP3 looked great and Manimal is BACK to his USA Basketball ways. When Capela comes back HOU will be rock solid and now I believe can push the Dubs hard.

If I were D'Antoni, I'd tell CP3 to play loose as to not to cause anymore injury and bring on the full battle gear in the playoffs. Each time he gets injured in a crucial playoff game the lose. :) The Manimal has replaced the original manimal in my books (Nene) and will be a force to reckon with throughout the season. Rockets is one of the few teams who can go toe to toe with the Warriors in an all out shooting contest. :D

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Too true Stevie but it looks like they can easily get 2 wins in a series. That this can be considered as "pushing hard" is a testament to what GSW is right now.

I do believe however that next year will be different for GS even if their owner says nobody will outspend him. Well maybe he won't care about the luxury taxes as he says. I am finding that hard to believe. What they had that they no longer have now is stellar talent on rookie extension contracts. Unless their reserves, who I have praised recently on their chemistry and development are being sand bagged by Kerr and his coaching staff now, I'm seeing a stretch of vulnerability should any two of their stars walk in free agency.

One thing for sure is that the playoff matchup I am praying for is the one between HOU and OKC. Bob and I have a friendly beer bet on that one set at the start of the season :)

In the East I'm praying for a Sixers and Bucks showdown with a TOR/BOS coming in a close second in terms of viewing fun.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Realistically I am resigned to any title hopes for the Celtics. Ainge is focused on next season. EMBIG will terrorize the eastern contenders and Horford isn't even big.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Just saw the last 5 minutes of the Raptors - Nets game and amazed at how the Nets are playing, so fast and coherent that I don't think the Celtics are even playing like that. They almost beat the Raptors as the clutch hands of Kawhi saved the debut of Marc Gasol. Toronto has an impressive roster right now.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Shorthanded OKC demolishes POR behind twin triple doubles by both Russ and PG13. PG goes off for 47 points after his 45 against HOU. I'm a fan again!

Goes to show that it really does take two years to get back from a major injury. Don't worry Phil, Hayward should take less time than that.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Shorthanded OKC demolishes POR behind twin triple doubles by both Russ and PG13. PG goes off for 47 points after his 45 against HOU. I'm a fan again!

Goes to show that it really does take two years to get back from a major injury. Don't worry Phil, Hayward should take less time than that.

Great to see PG is such great form, Jack. And hopefully Hayward gets there. There are many impatient C's fan out there. But one guy who would really understand and help him get back is his college coach Brad Stevens. Ainge had said during the injury, that for Hayward, shooting with a cast is one thing, running and shooting without a cast is another thing, playing pick up ball is yet another thing, and playing in an NBA game is a totally different thing.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Celtics vs Sixers coming up. The lineup of the C's now look really puny versus the turbo charged totally and finally processed Philly team. I'm surprised though that the C's trail by only 1 full game behind the Sixers. That is a good thing. :D

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Well what do you know, just when I never expected the C's to win, they come out with a win on the road in Philly. That is more of the playoff games from last year that I am used to seeing the C's play, and without Kyrie who is nursing a sprained knee. Hayward topscored for the C's with 26 and he just has to get more grind in his teeth and have that old killer shooting instinct. Memorable play of the game - bulldog Smart driving down the lane knowing Embiid had 5 fouls and dunked it right through the big man. Way to go, Smart - the atoned your horrible misses from the outside. :D

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Danny, you've got to watch this 10 times before you trade Jayson Tatum. If he gets beefier in the next 2 years, he's going to be super, and he will only be 22.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing