New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
and to make matters worse

https://www.nba.com/article/2019/03/05/kyle-kuzma-out-vs-nuggets-ankle

Lonzo is still sidelined and one wonders if we will ever see either of them in a Lakers uniform again.

The Lakers can score points. They just don't know how to play Dee

Magic is faced with some serious end of season changes to even make this team competitive in the next 3 years

Sadly I feel Luke will be replaced for a more defensive minded coach and Jason Kidd's name keeps surfacing

Reactions: jadis

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

Yes Steve. Who would have thought. Vegas was putting the Celtics to win the East as far as pre-season, knowing that Hayward and Irving would be back. And who would have thought too that LeBron might be missing his first post season in like 13 years. I believe that the hoopla of the AD trade racked up the spirits of the 'entire team'. I recall when they just added Tyson Chandler they had like a 4 or 5 game-winning streak, and I thought they were jelling as far as lineup is concerned. The focus of the other players has not been there - and probably it 'spilled' into LeBron as well. He did tell Wade prior to this move that his decision wasn't about basketball. So it probably was more for his Lala businesses. How prophetic can that be if he will even miss the playoffs.

Reactions: Steve Williams

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
and to make matters worse

https://www.nba.com/article/2019/03/05/kyle-kuzma-out-vs-nuggets-ankle

Lonzo is still sidelined and one wonders if we will ever see either of them in a Lakers uniform again.

The Lakers can score points. They just don't know how to play Dee

Magic is faced with some serious end of season changes to even make this team competitive in the next 3 years

Sadly I feel Luke will be replaced for a more defensive minded coach and Jason Kidd's name keeps surfacing

Agree, Magic will be very hard pressed to form a solid unit that will be focused and sharp to play basketball. I never thought Kidd was a good coach though.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Shaq offered Irving wise advise before the Warriors game. I now see it, with Irving scoring 30 points, C's tend to lose as the young ones started to watch. Brown, Tatum and Rozier needs to be 'fed'. But still the biggest factor is Hayward awakening from his slumber, He can be a threat as a sixth man the way McHale was before. As a leader of the second unit he is charged with protected a lead or not letting the team get blown away while the starters rest.

https://sports.yahoo.com/shaquille-oneal-offers-kyrie-irving-194553073.html

Before Boston earned an impressive 33-point road win over the Golden State Warriors on Tuesday night, O'Neal weighed in on Irving's situation with the Celtics, and offered some sage advice for the 26-year-old superstar.

"As a superstar, the best decision I ever made in my life was when I decided let my young dogs play," O'Neal said on TNT's pregame show. "When I first came in, it was all about me. I wanted to do it by myself. There was a kid named Penny Hardaway (with the Orlando Magic). I let him play. We both went to work. Then when I got to (the Los Angeles Lakers), I left Orlando and I wanted to do the same thing … as soon as I said, ‘You know what? Kobe (Bryant), play with me,' best decision I made. Kyrie has to let those guys play. They wanna play, use them."

Reactions: Steve Williams

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
And Hayward, after the 30 pt game against the defending champions, hits the game winning shot for a 2 point victory over the very good Sacramento Kings, on a back to back night at that. Very good news for the C's fans. And I'm impressed with the young guns of the Kings - Willy Stein, D'Aron Fox, and Buddie Hield who can shoot from way out there. C's get the pick of the Kings this draft, unless it is the No. 1 pick, and the Kings are playing so well they won't be in the lottery this year.

Reactions: WLVCA

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Worst Leader of All Time ....

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
For all what it's worth, LeBron has surpassed Jordan in the all time scoring list. He knew it when he scored it. The 'legend' of LeBron??

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
And Hayward, after the 30 pt game against the defending champions, hits the game winning shot for a 2 point victory over the very good Sacramento Kings, on a back to back night at that. Very good news for the C's fans. And I'm impressed with the young guns of the Kings - Willy Stein, D'Aron Fox, and Buddie Hield who can shoot from way out there. C's get the pick of the Kings this draft, unless it is the No. 1 pick, and the Kings are playing so well they won't be in the lottery this year.

I saw highlights from the Celtics - Kings game and Hayward looked really good - confident, too, and confidence will be the key for him to play as he did before.

Agree that the Kings are much better this year and will competitive going forward. They have a very good young crew.

Regarding the Lakers, I thought Magic would be a positive influence on LeBron and keep some of LBJ's typical BS under control. Looks like that is not the case. If Magic can't do it, who could? Magic was a great player, a great businessman and did good work in the community, too. You would think LeBron would show him and a more respect.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Regarding the Lakers, I thought Magic would be a positive influence on LeBron and keep some of LBJ's typical BS under control. Looks like that is not the case. If Magic can't do it, who could? Magic was a great player, a great businessman and did good work in the community, too. You would think LeBron would show him and a more respect.

Absolutely agree on this. But, the day I read that Magic arrived too early and too anxious to get a meeting with LeBron , I felt he was giving himself away and James apparently took that to mean that - you're mine, not I'm yours. The next thing was wanting and getting his 'motley crew', then lunch with AD, then Rich Paul got into the picture, the whole Lakers young guns became up for trade, and Walton's job was on the line. To do this to Magic, the only rookie I know who took his team to a title clinching game by scoring 42 points and playing center (minus the Big Fella), is a big sign of disrespect to what Magic had done for basketball, not even counting what he did outside of hoopsworld.

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Better to finish this season lightly and let LeBron rest up for next year. You put a lot of miles on your body making it to the finals eight seasons in a row.

Free agency will be interesting this summer for many teams.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Rondo the motley guard...

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Rondo is an excellent player and very bright but he is a bit odd at times - flat earth and all. No telling what is going on in his mind. :)

Steve Williams

Rondo is an excellent player and very bright but he is a bit odd at times - flat earth and all. No telling what is going on in his mind. :)

Just a little sign that he’s had enough. I can only imagine the off season trades for a team and coach thst the King in the waning years of his career will win them a title. It’s never going to happen

Who posted a few days ago a video that he wasn’t the GOAT but rather the worst leader of all time. His only care is his legacy. Time he gets booted off his self ordained throne. No one wants to come and play with him for all of the obvious reasons.

Steve Williams

There was a time when I could probably name over 90% of the NBA refs. They had been in the NBA each well over 30 years. Each one has his own personality. I remember when Mendy Rudolph collapsed on the floor from a pulmonary embolus. They were part of the NBA family. I remember when the refs went on strike for more money

Presently I think I can name only 1-2 names of refs in the league. I know that several years ago 2 female refs started. I thought they were very good but I can’t tell you their names

The refs in the league seem to be far more numerous than in days gone by. I can’t name a one

Is that me or have they becone Invisible?

In keeping with those thoughts I enjoyed this read. What do you think

https://www.nba.com/article/2019/03/08/natalie-sago-ashley-moyer-gleich-adjust-referees

Reactions: jadis and WLVCA

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing