New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
When I used to go to more NBA games it got to the point where I would start recognizing refs - or at least remembering their faces. I do remember Violet Palmer and the first time I saw her work a game. To that point I wasn't even aware that the NBA had female refs. I watched her, she held her own on the court and it didn't take long for me to realize they could do the job.

From the old days I remember the names of Mendy Rudolph and Richie Powers. Those two seemed to work a lot of big TV games and they had some show boat in them - more so than the NBA refs today.

Switching gears to women's basketball, I remember in the old days (1960's) some players weren't allowed by the rules to cross into the other teams side of the court - they played defense only or some such thing. Not a fun game to watch and it failed to recognize the women's potential.

One time I was in Nashville in the mid-90's and went to a Tennessee - Vanderbilt women's basketball game. That's when I finally realized that women could really play the game - and would beat the hell of out of me in a game if I even dared walk on the court. That's when Pat Summit coached the Vols and she had Chamique Holdsclaw on the team. It was a real blood match between those two teams - one of the best games I ever saw. That gym was one of the loudest and craziest I'd ever been in.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Just a little sign that he’s had enough. I can only imagine the off season trades for a team and coach thst the King in the waning years of his career will win them a title. It’s never going to happen

Who posted a few days ago a video that he wasn’t the GOAT but rather the worst leader of all time. His only care is his legacy. Time he gets booted off his self ordained throne. No one wants to cone and play with him for all of the obvious reasons.

Ironically, LeBron's impending fall Is his own doing.

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
I wasn't able to watch the Clipper game last night. Figures they beat a good team without me!

The Clippers are a motley crew this year but they do play hard and win more than they should.

Credit to Doc for good coaching and to a scrappy bunch of players.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
And it only goes from "bad to worse"

Brandon Ingram to miss rest of season with deep venous thombosis in arm

From NBA.com

LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Los Angeles Lakers forward Brandon Ingram will miss the rest of the season after being diagnosed with a deep venous thrombosis in his right arm.

The Lakers announced their decision on the former No. 2 overall draft pick Saturday.

Ingram has missed the Lakers' past two games after he reported shoulder pain following a morning shootaround last Monday. Lakers coach Luke Walton said earlier this week that Ingram had pain whenever he attempted to lift his arm.

A deep venous thrombosis is a condition caused by a blood clot, frequently accompanied by swelling and pain in a limb. The condition usually occurs in legs, but can occur in the upper body.

Blood clots have affected several prominent athletes including Chris Bosh and Serena Williams in recent years. Bosh eventually retired due to blood clotting issues, but many other athletes have continued to play.

Ingram is averaging a career-best 18.3 points and 5.1 rebounds per game along with 3.0 assists.

The lanky swingman's chemistry with LeBron James has improved markedly over the course of the season despite several weeks of trade rumors linking Ingram and the rest of the Lakers' top young players to a deal for New Orleans superstar Anthony Davis. Ingram particularly excelled after the All-Star break and the trade deadline, averaging 27.8 points in his six most recent games.

But injuries have played a major role in preventing the Lakers from developing any consistency during James' first season alongside their young core.

Los Angeles might be without Lonzo Ball for the rest of the season due to a sprained ankle. Ball hasn't played since Jan. 19, and Walton said Friday that the point guard is "not close" to returning despite an initial diagnosis of his injury suggesting he would be back by now.

Kyle Kuzma, the Lakers' second-leading scorer with 18.8 points per game, also is out this week with a sprained ankle.

The Lakers (30-35) are in 10th place in the Western Conference heading into their rivalry meeting with Boston on Saturday night. They trail San Antonio by 6-plus games for the final playoff spot, meaning James likely will miss the postseason for the first time since 2005.

So Kuzma, Lonzo and Ingram are out and The King is being shut down

The off season is going to be brutal

Steve Williams

After last night's loss to the Celtics with a depleted Lakers team, I bet James didn't think that the end of this season would have backfired so severely and impacted the team.

Lonzo and Ingram are shut down and Kuzma is injured so no big deal to me that James gets a triple double as he was playing with Lakers I have never heard of before

James legacy has taken an impact. I can only imagine Magic making some major changes to provide a team that James can play with. James always seems to play havoc with any of the teams in which he played. Good thing Pat Riley didn't buy into it

Steve Williams

How about last place Phoenix who has beaten all the top teams recently including Warriors last night at Oracle

I’m also impressed with the Spurs who beat the Bucks last night. Pop just does what he always does

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
How about last place Phoenix who has beaten all the top teams recently including Warriors last night at Oracle

I’m also impressed with the Spurs who beat the Bucks last night. Pop just does what he always does

The Suns have couple of really good players who are still developing. Devin Booker is a guard in his 3rd year in the NBA from Kentucky and is already good and will be an excellent player. Deandre Ayton is a rookie center from University of Arizona and also has great potential. Suns have been really bad the last two years but there is some hope for them. Their biggest disadvantage going forward is a bad owner - Robert Sarver. He is not well liked in Phoenix. I don't pay a lot of attention to the Suns but do watch them periodically since their games are on here in Tucson.

Celtics play the Clippers at Staples Center tonight. I think the Celtics will win the game but they better not sleep against the scrappy bulldog LAC. I am certain Patrick Beverley will be chasing Kyrie down all night.

Reactions: jadis

Steve Williams

Reactions: WLVCA and jadis

Steve Williams

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Clippers surprisingly beat the Celtics tonight at Staples Center. Celtics were down a key player as Jayson Tatum sat out with a should injury.

Seemed the Celtics couldn't make a shot tonight and the Clippers couldn't miss a shot.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Clippers surprisingly beat the Celtics tonight at Staples Center. Celtics were down a key player as Jayson Tatum sat out with a should injury.

Seemed the Celtics couldn't make a shot tonight and the Clippers couldn't miss a shot.

Clippers. Wow.

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Forgot to mention that there was a guy sitting next to Steve Ballmer on the baseline that, at first glance, looked a lot like Ray Allen. After looking a little closer I don't think it was but I did do a double take.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Billionaire owner, cap space for two Max contracts, sun year round.....Clips future looks bright. Sorry Stevie, Magic needs to pull out a heck of a rabbit out his hat this coming June.

But hey, how about them Pacers huh? IMO they could be a spoiler for some heralded teams out East or at least push their opponents endurance impacting the next round up. I'm happy. :)

Steve Williams

Billionaire owner, cap space for two Max contracts, sun year round.....Clips future looks bright. Sorry Stevie, Magic needs to pull out a heck of a rabbit out his hat this coming June.

But hey, how about them Pacers huh? IMO they could be a spoiler for some heralded teams out East or at least push their opponents endurance impacting the next round up. I'm happy. :)
I have been

Ive been saying for months that the Lakers should trade LeBron and finally Jeff Van Gundy says the same. He adds no chemistry other than his desire to preserve his legacy.

Raptors seem to be faltering while the Rockets are peaking. It's going to be interesting playoffs. Even Brooklyn looks like they are in it as well

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

Jack, our two beloved teams might see each other in the first round. It will be a good 'friendly' series. :)

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Money is on Boston but.....I'd be happy for a 7 game series :D

Steve Williams

I watched the Lakers finally win one from the Bulls last night in Chicago. Once again LeBron is praised as having such a wonderful game. Truth be told there was no one else to sore as the team is so battered.

Watching him from the free throw line, he remains IMO a terrible FT player so along comes another wonderful read from NBAcom

Blogtable: Will LeBron's run of All-NBA first team spots end this season?

LeBron's streak of 13-straight playoff appearances and eight-straight NBA Finals will likely come to an end this season. What about his 11-season streak as a first team All-NBA selection?
Steve Aschburner: Well, the two best forwards in the NBA this season have been Milwaukee’s Giannis Antetokounmpo and Oklahoma City’s Paul George. After that, you can make arguments on behalf of Golden State’s Kevin Durant and Detroit’s Blake Griffin. Then there is Toronto’s Kawhi Leonard, who has missed about the same number of games as James but whose Raptors team is about 17 games better in the standings. It’s possible LeBron will stay as motivated as he looked Tuesday in Chicago (36 points, 10 rebounds) and put up some flashy numbers down the stretch. But they’ll come in games that essentially mean nothing, and there are too many rivals over whom he must climb, in too little time. Yes, this streak’s over too.
Tas Melas: The All-NBA first team run is one of the many impressive LeBron streaks which will end this season
(my favorite is Top-5 in MVP voting for 13 straight seasons). Giannis Antetokounmpo is on the first team. Kevin Durant will likely join him, but it wouldn’t be surprising to see Paul George join my Greek brother. One of KD or PG will be on the second team with LeBron, but 'Bron will be in a battle with Kawhi Leonard and Blake Griffin for that other spot.
John Schuhmann: It's done, and it's possible that he doesn't even make the second team. As things stand now, I would have four forwards -- Giannis Antetokounmpo, Kevin Durant, Paul George and Kawhi Leonard -- ahead of James on my All-NBA ballot. And it seems doubtful that James, with the Lakers playing out the string and the other four forwards all contributing (on both ends of the floor) to much better teams, can replace any of them in the final month of the season.
Sekou Smith: All of LeBron's streaks come to an end. The playoffs, Finals and, yes, that first team All-NBA streak he's kept in a vice grip all these years. There's no shame in falling back this season. I'm not one to knock LeBron this season, even though I know it's the convenient thing for some people to do. This break from LeBron ruining the NBA narrative from training camp to The Finals will be interesting. If anyone has earned the time it's LeBron. The time away will do wonders for his mental and physical well being, not to mention serve as the great motivator for the 34-year-old veteran who needs something to crank his engine during the offseason.

Magic, do the right thing in the off season. Trade the King. He's over the hill and he is just bad chemistry for any player or coach with whom he plays

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Imo, Steve, it would take an intervention by Jeannie Buss to tell Magic to trade LeBron. Magic, from his actions starting from his giddy self waiting for hours for LeBron to sign with them on day 1, to the lot stock barrel trade proposal for AD, does not strike me as someone who will be bold enough to 'fire' LeBron by trading him. But I agree, that it will be for the good and betterment of the Lakers team going into the next few years. LeBron can play even now, but it is his 'attitude' that smacks his entire reputation and character as a ballplayer. He is hardly a team man no matter how much he would like to portray himself getting his team mates involved. Ultimately, he his building his name to be a greatest star of all time, which unfortunately is falling off the cliff right now.

Reactions: Steve Williams

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing