New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Reactions: christoph

Steve Williams

I thought Steve Kerr's comment suggested this is more serious than they are letting on.

"He hasn't even stepped on the floor yet," Kerr said on Monday. "We've tried to remain somewhat vague because the injury is really sort of open-ended in terms of how long he's going to need to recover. But I think in doing so, people have gotten the idea that he's going to come back ... be Willis Reed or something.

Reactions: WLVCA

Steve Williams

For those who didn't see Leonard's buzzer beater yesterday to send the Sixers fishing I thought it would be good to post the shot. I thought it bounced 3 times but in reality it bounced 4x before sinking to win the game

Reactions: christoph and jadis

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
And my classmate now living in Michigan keeps telling me college basketball is more exciting than NBA.

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Sorry to see that Durant's injury may be worse than first reported. However, I think the Warriors can beat the Trailblazers without him playing at all in the series.

I didn't like Boogie so much when he played for the Kings. There wasn't much love lost between Boogie and Blake Griffin and DJ back in those days. He is starting to grow on me - had a good run with the Pelicans until he was hurt and then again with the Warriors. Hope he can come back again. Has to be tough on the spirit to to deal with back to back injuries like that.

The more interesting series will be in the East - Raptors vs Bucks. I think I will pull for the Bucks since Giannis is such a great player as well as a personality.

Steve Williams

IMO the only 2 teams in the east that can beat the Warriors are playing now in the East Conference Final
Bucks
Raptors

But that doesn’t mean either of them will. I agree about without Durant the Warriors can beat the Blazers

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Last edited:
Reactions: Steve Williams

Steve Williams

well I have been saying for the last 6 months that the Lakers biggest commodity is James and he ain't going to be leading them to the hallowed land in the next 3 years. I have been imploringJeannie to dump him while he is still worth something and like it or not LeBron has destroyed whatever chemistry existed on the Lakers team.

I see no other way but for the Lakers to dump LeBron who doesn't have a no trade clause n his contract

I like Simmons and would like to see that trade go through

Reactions: jadis

Steve Williams

Steve Williams

This is probably the best Lakers news I have heard all year. I have been a Lakers fan since the 70's and watching how this team has crashed and burned since James arrived. You have to destroy a cancer and IMO James is a cancer to the team and organization. I have been saying the Lakers need to trade him for 6 months, for the good of the organization. The reality is the Lakers won't be able to find players to get them a ring in the next 3 years but trading him eliminates the cancer and gets someone who is younger and a bona fide team player, not one whose only interest is in himself and his legacy. There is no one lining up to become one more of his patsy's that will do what he says

Put him back in the Eastern Conference where we can quickly forget about him

Do it Jeannie. Admit your mistake, cut your losses and move on without him

Steve Williams

Philip

your post has given me some inspiration that Jeannie will make an effort to right the ship and dump that useless piece of cargo who destroys everything in his path

I like Simmons

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
LeBron for Simmons?

Simmons is a lot younger but his problem is that he can't shoot.

However, it would allow the Lakers to dump Lonzo Ball as well.

The article mentioned Jimmy Butler and/or Tobias Harris coming to the Lakers, too.

Will be interesting to watch.

Steve Williams

The stats on the Warriors and Blazers

Numbers preview: Golden State Warriors (1) vs. Portland Trail Blazers (3)
Portland's slower pace will be tested by Golden State's offensive might

John Schuhmann NBA.com

https://www.nba.com/article/2019/05/14/numbers-preview-warriors-blazers

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
If LeBron is shipped out, the Lakers have a lot of players to 'gain'. Because James came in for 'free', without a trade out. That would be a wise thing to do. But it will blow the 'morale' and ego of the traveling king. :DNot that anyone would care. :D

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
NBA Draft Lottery 2019: Pelicans land top overall pick, likely Duke's Zion Williamson; Knicks, Lakers take Nos. 3 and 4

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
I'll be pulling for the Trailblazers for a couple of reasons

Don't want the same team to win every year.

Neil Olshey, former Clipper GM, is the Portland GM. He did a great job for the Clippers but Donald Sterling didn't want to pay the going rate for a GM...so he left to work for a good owner, Paul Allen.

Not likely that Portland will win this series but one can hope. :)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing