New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Pelicans will take the best deal. They don't care if Davis threatens to leave the Celtics after one year.

Were I the Celtics I'd figure a way to get Gordon Hayward in the package for Davis. Hasn't panned out with the Celtics.

That would be a good deal for the C's but I'm pretty sure the Pelicans won't take Hayward.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Reactions: christoph

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Pelicans will take the best deal. They don't care if Davis threatens to leave the Celtics after one year.

Were I the Celtics I'd figure a way to get Gordon Hayward in the package for Davis. Hasn't panned out with the Celtics.

IMHO the Celts would be nuts to give up the farm for a one year player

Reactions: christoph and jadis

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
You can't put a "like" under that post Phil. It's sad
yup heard it earlier. Look at Cousins. Out for the entire season only to return to the team for the playoffs and although he had moments where he was great most of the time he looked rusty and out of shape. KD won't be back any time soon. Tough to see those things happen to any player as well as the effects it has on the team

KD might have to sit put with the Warriors this year unless he finds a team like the Warriors who hired Cousins for minimum contract

Sadly his value has gone down . Worst nightmare for a player
You can't compare Cousins with KD when it comes to smooth movement
Cousins was always rather sluggish and rusty, also before his injury, while KD despite being very tall and even more lanky always was quick and agile and elegant.
An aquaintance of mine had his Achilles ruptured and he (and his Doctor) says that this repaired Achilles will NEVER EVER tear at that place again.

Reactions: jadis

christoph

Dec 11, 2015

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Not really surprising news?

What will be surprising is where he lands. Has he made kissy face with the King and bowed the knee yet?
Yes, interesting and Yuck, he would lose all my good will if he really does re-unite with LeBum :(

christoph

Dec 11, 2015

christoph

Dec 11, 2015

christoph

Dec 11, 2015

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I hope he does NOT go to the Lakers :eek:
I always liked the brow a lot. Such an exceptional athlete but unfortunately also very prone to (minor) injuries :oops:

Apparently, Comm. Silver is allowing Rich Paul to tell off teams (like the Celtics) that, DO NOT TRADE for my boy. My boy does not want to play for you past 1 year.

We knew that from many months before, but from rumors written by scribes who heard it from here and there. This time, I am hearing for the first time a DIRECT statement directed to 1 specfic team, that do not waste your time and effort and assets on my boy because he will bolt after fulfilling his contractual obligations. Did I hear that from the agent or uncle of Kawhi, that my nephew will not sign after the 1 year rental to 'X' team? Rich Paul is clearly manipulating events to make sure the Pelicans GM and Ainge do not strike a deal. And what about the possibilty of AD liking or wanting to sign a long term deal with a team other than the Lakers, where James is, and who pulls the strings of Rich Paul?

Like right now, Kawhi is on the cusp of a title, there is a possibility for him to sign a long term extension with the Raptors after a 1 year rental. Magic Johnson gets a big fine of half a million dollars for winking at Paul George. AD got a $50k fine and "The NBA said the fine is for statements that were made by Davis' agent, Rich Paul, on Monday in an intentional effort to undermine the contractual relationship between Davis and the Pelicans." And now, everyone is to believe that Rich Paul is not interfering nor tampering with possible deals of Pelican's GM with the Celtics GM after mentioning the Celtics by name specifically?

Given that Commissioner Silver even nonchalantly admits Rich Paul walked to his table and told him Luke Walton was not the right coach for the Lakers, and that nothing was done about Rich Paul's action, I am now led to believe that Rich Paul must have a red button hot line to Silver's phone even at midnight, and that is not for midnight snack. :D

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Apparently, Comm. Silver is allowing Rich Paul to tell off teams (like the Celtics) that, DO NOT TRADE for my boy. My boy does not want to play for you past 1 year.

We knew that from many months before, but from rumors written by scribes who heard it from here and there. This time, I am hearing for the first time a DIRECT statement directed to 1 specfic team, that do not waste your time and effort and assets on my boy because he will bolt after fulfilling his contractual obligations. Did I hear that from the agent or uncle of Kawhi, that my nephew will not sign after the 1 year rental to 'X' team? Rich Paul is clearly manipulating events to make sure the Pelicans GM and Ainge do not strike a deal. And what about the possibilty of AD liking or wanting to sign a long term deal with a team other than the Lakers, where James is, and who pulls the strings of Rich Paul?

Like right now, Kawhi is on the cusp of a title, there is a possibility for him to sign a long term extension with the Raptors after a 1 year rental. Magic Johnson gets a big fine of half a million dollars for winking at Paul George. AD got a $50k fine and "The NBA said the fine is for statements that were made by Davis' agent, Rich Paul, on Monday in an intentional effort to undermine the contractual relationship between Davis and the Pelicans." And now, everyone is to believe that Rich Paul is not interfering nor tampering with possible deals of Pelican's GM with the Celtics GM after mentioning the Celtics by name specifically?

Given that Commissioner Silver even nonchalantly admits Rich Paul walked to his table and told him Luke Walton was not the right coach for the Lakers, and that nothing was done about Rich Paul's action, I am now led to believe that Rich Paul must have a red button hot line to Silver's phone even at midnight, and that is not for midnight snack. :D
VERY embarrasing :rolleyes:
Everybody except Rich Paul and LeBum get massively exaggerated fines for trifle bagatelles :mad:
If the NBA doesn't watch out, they end up as unbelievably disgusting as the FIFA and UEFA Mafias :mad:

Last edited:

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
VERY embarrasing :rolleyes:
Everybody except Rich Paul and LeBum get massively exaggerated fines for trifle bagatelles :mad:
If the NBA doesn't watch out, they end up as unbelievably disgusting as the FIFA and UEFA Mafias :mad:

LeBron is a poster boy for the commercial success of this league. So from the get go, his 8 steps traveling in a playoff game which they crawled in and won went unseen by the refs. And all these shoving and firing of coaches went under the rug as well. And now, causing AD, who was quietly finishing his term in NO, to fire his agent and go Rich Paul's way, to Luke's firing and Magic's resignation. Gee, the poster boy is now a banner boy. All he has to do now is to sit next to Silver every time. :D

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
How did that work out for the Raptors? One win away from a championship with Kawhi.

Anthony Davis would be nuts to join the dysfunctional mess that is now the Lakers.

Personally I think if Raptors win Leonard stays. If they lose, all bets are off

My point is that Celtics would be giving up a lot for a one year player and he has no say in where he goes this year but all the say where he goes next year and he ain't staying. How much clearer could that be

Rich Paul should be fined for everyone of his lame ass comments .

I just saw on NBA news that Lakers won the award for the most dysfunctional team

How can all of us see the cause for this but Lakers management cannot see that James is the single biggest reason for that award

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing