New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
It's back to the blueprint of GM James in Cleveland. Telling top brass to ship out No1 pick Wiggins to get Kevin Love. So now, AD is his LOVE, literally. :D
Nice pun :D

The troika of James, Irving and AD. I really can't wait to wake up one morning and read the news that JR Smith is now a Laker. And Tristan too. Both are RIch Paul properties.

That is only a matter of time ;)

Btw. I really like Wiggins. Great Player, very solid in his performances :)
Together with Zach LaVine, they made a great young and promising Team back then with the Timberwolves.
Was great fun to watch them :cool:

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I am just wondering how this trade works with regards to salaries. Ball, Ingram, and Hart's salaries total $18 and AD's is $27m. I thought salaries should match. Not that I would like to abrogate the trade, I'm not Silver. :D

rblnr

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ
I don't know if James likes Vogel. Vogel might be fired without even coaching a game if James doesn't like him in pre-season. :D

Any one remember Rudy Tomjanovich and how many games he coached for the Lakers before he abruptly resigned

Between the front office dysfunction and the buying a team approach, they're impossible to care about for me.

Reactions: Steve Williams

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
The way I see it is the Pels are the team of the future whereas with the Warriors having KD and Klay out next year the Kakers gave money go spend and see an opportunity in the West It’s a “has to be now” as James has 2-3 years left. The irony at that point is the Lakers tank and become hugh innthecdraft and guess what....the Pels get that draft pick so definitely the Pels are building for the future which imo is the way to do it. Once the Lakers brought the King to his next stopping place it disrupted the 2-3 years invested in the young Lakers as well as Luke who got fired

I was happy to see Luke hired the next day by Sacramento but saddened to see the sexual harassment charge.

Maybe Magic knew it wasn’t the Dr Buss way and jumped the ship

Puts the Lakers in a better position but they need a PG and I’m betting on seeing Kyrie but first he must kneel to the King

Reactions: christoph and jadis

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
So there are a total of 5 future picks (one will be taken this Thursday). Plus Ball, Ingram and Hart. EIGHT players for 1. This upends the KG to Boston deal which was 7 to 1.

"The first of those picks will be made next week. The Lakers’ No. 4 overall pick is on his way to New Orleans, though Woj reports that it could be shopped as well.

The other two picks in the Anthony Davis trade come in 2021 and 2024, and the Pelicans are also receiving two pick swaps."

"The Lakers are moving all of their chips into the middle of the table to try and win titles while James is still an elite NBA player. However, if he retires in the next few years, and the Lakers fall back into the pack in five or six years, the swaps could become very impactful.

We saw how pick swaps wound up burying the Brooklyn Nets after the infamous Paul Pierce/Kevin Garnett trade with the Boston Celtics."

https://thespun-com.cdn.ampproject....is-trade-lakers-pelicans-nba-draft-pick-swaps

Reactions: christoph

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Puts the Lakers in a better position but they need a PG and I’m betting on seeing Kyrie but first he must kneel to the King

Steve, he already did. After a bad loss, Kyrie criticized his young team mates, and then called Lebron and apologized to him for reasons beyond my imagination. That was the turning point of his stay in Boston. He was not their leader as many C's fans thought he was.

Kcin

VIP/Donor
Mar 27, 2016
Canada
Reactions: christoph and jadis

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Amazing day with Raptors victory parade over 2M celebrate downtown parade route

Raptors partying with fans at championship parade

https://images.app.goo.gl/ADoU71fjFSQFy8d2A

Congratulations. Happy folks out there and finally the rabid fans get to scream really for something 'golden.' This is the best time for Ujiri to shove some papers for Kawhi to sign. :D

Reactions: christoph and Kcin

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Chris Carter reports 5 teams that Kawhi would consider - NYK, NETS, LAL, LAC, and RAPTORS.

Steve Williams

Congratulations. Happy folks out there and finally the rabid fans get to scream really for something 'golden.' This is the best time for Ujiri to shove some papers for Kawhi to sign. :D

I would think Uriji would have him signing with Washington as a package deal ;)

Reactions: jadis and christoph

Steve Williams

The main difference is Boston gave up 3 players, while Pelicans gave up only 1. The main thing common here is that Jason Kidd was the Nets Head Coach, and now he is the Lakers assistant coach waiting for the head coach to be fired. :D

ESPN's Brian Windhorst calls AD-Lakers trade 'Celtics-Nets trade part two'

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/ce...s-ad-lakers-trade-celtics-nets-trade-part-two

I completely agree and mentioned that yesterday that the Lakers have a now push to produce in the next two years and be damned with the 5-7 years afterwards when they have no draft picks and are once again mired at the bottom, all for his Highness who turns 35 this year.and after last years injury it only shows that age is catching up with his play and he is vulnerable.

I wished they had gotten rid of James when there was some ice chatter to do such

Kobe was never the same after this first injury and his final years were a clown show as he was paraded around the league cities to bid farewell as the Lakers totally sucked during those years.

I don't wish injuries on anyone but we saw 2 devastating injuries to the Warriors in the past week only to take them out of contention next year.

Steve Williams

If you look at the Raptors team many of them are either free agents or into the last year of their contracts including VanVleet, Lowry, Ibaka and Gasol

Raptors can pay Leonard $190 M which is apparently $50M more than any other team can pay him yet it is expected he is leaving

christoph

Dec 11, 2015

Steve Williams

The one kicker that I read yesterday that regardless of Davis going to the Lakers he WILL enter free agency to test the market. The only way apparently he won't is to see what players the Lakers pay a fortune for in order to make the Lakers a "now" contender.

One of these acquisitions could become the face of the Lakers once James is finally gone yet AD won't assume that role as he would lock himself into the same fate as he was in while playing for the Pets, should he re-sign a lock term Lakers contract

Reactions: jadis

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
If you look at the Raptors team many of them are either free agents or into the last year of their contracts including VanVleet, Lowry, Ibaka and Gasol

Raptors can pay Leonard $190 M which is apparently $50M more than any other team can pay him yet it is expected he is leaving
:eek:
PS: Sorry, I repeat myself :oops:

Steve Williams

The bottom line is that the post jadis put up that this trade is a semblance of the Celts-Nets trade which decimated the Nets for years. The same inevitability looms for the Lakers over the next 5-7 years as they have no first round picks

Jeannie must be proud of her new acquisition but can't see the trees for the forest

Steve Williams

If the Lakers were smart they should offer the King for a Uriji-Leonard package and dump that idiot Pelinka and finally Jeannie would have some one real running the team

Pelinka to me is a present day version of Kupchak who fell into that roll and became nothing more than a yes man or Jim Buss who had player control at the time

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
If the Lakers were smart they should offer the King for a Uriji-Leonard package and dump that idiot Pelinka and finally Jeannie would have some one real running the team
That would be the best what could happen to the Lakers.
27 thousand flies with one Stone :p

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
This Rob Pelinka, an ex agent, is now the most powerful man in the Lakers after the woman owner. So we have a super powerful agent in Rich Paul who this week proved to the NBA what he can do to fulfill the dreams of his clients. The moral lesson is, be an agent. :)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing