New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Interesting show on Speak for Yourself Today ( Jason Whitlock and Marcellus Wiley) on Fox Sports 1 TV - Battle for LA, Clippers vs Lakers

Jason and Marcellus (a Clippers fan) are picking LAC. Only time will tell. No doubt it will be a lot of fun watching this play out over the upcoming season.

Reactions: jadis

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Interesting show on Speak for Yourself Today ( Jason Whitlock and Marcellus Wiley) on Fox Sports 1 TV - Battle for LA, Clippers vs Lakers

Jason and Marcellus (a Clippers fan) are picking LAC. Only time will tell. No doubt it will be a lot of fun watching this play out over the upcoming season.

As I said before 2 stars gets a team real close but it then all depends on the role players. So far I think it is very close. The X-factor as I see it is Kuzma who knows how to score but hasn't learned to play Dee

The Y Factor is going to be Alex Caruso who I thought was a young exciting player last year.

As for Clipps they re-signed Beverley and still have Lou Williams. Plus they have another budding Lakers cast off Ivica Zubac who I thought had great potential so based on that I would have to say the Clippers have the better supporting cast.

Reactions: jadis and christoph

Steve Williams

l neglected to say that the Lakers do have fire power in Danny Green and KCP and Dudley adds some slickness to the team if he has any left in him. Cousins to me remains an unknown. Sad what torn Achilles can do to a player in this sport and that's why in the back of my mind I worry about KD and if and when he might reach his full potential

Reactions: christoph and jadis

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Yeah Stevie let's hope he doesn't fall off that much.

Reactions: christoph

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

I'm 100% rooting for the Clippers in a locker room showdown. :D UBUNTU! Doc is very lucky to have been under 2 legendary executives, Red Auerbach and Jerry West. And I admire him for taking the 'level down' gracefully, from being the President/GM/Coach to just being the head coach and working with 2 execs above him. I admire too him working well with his former assistant in Boston who is now the President of the Clippers - Lawrence Frank, and who was once relegated to pencil pushing work by Jason Kidd when he was an assistant with the Nets. Very humble professional, Doc Rivers.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Was reading D-Lo's recent interview in which he said he's ready to play or be traded by the Warriors. The earliest he could be traded is Dec. 15. And his contract is near $30m for 4 years. Dubs could trade for a star player in the 3 or 4 position. In their first title year, then had Harrison Barnes who was traded or released when KD came in. That is the void the Warriors have to fill and they are back in the title hunt, as Klay can be back around February.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I was thinking bout these serious injuries, ever since Gordon Hayward went down, and with social media, was able to follow virtually a week by week progress of him. It's excruciating to watch him sit in a chair and shoot after the surgery. And to walk without a cast, and so on and so forth till he actually suited up for his first game the next season after the 1 year layoff. What came to my mind immediately was I hope he does not re-injure that ankle of somebody accidentally step on it. And I'm sure he is worried about that 10x more than me, a spectator. KG was never the same high flying and daring alley-ooper after that knee injury in 2009. He played 'safe', and no one can blame him. KD, on the other hand, was all out in that fateful last game as a Warrior. Gung ho mentality. Gotta admire him for that but it cost him a year or so, when like others, he would have gained weight, lose some traction in his speed and swiftness, and so forth. Here's hoping everyone with serious injuries come back like Paul George did. Very happy for him and his career, now in full bloom as he gets his wish to play in his hometown. I have to admire the iron men in the NBA, Kareem and AC Green comes to mind, among others.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Last edited:

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Traveling calls are not included. :D

NBA Board of Governors approve two changes to instant replay rules

https://www.foxsports.com.au/basket...s/news-story/f8e4961d0f97141bad2412e602a03eb4

"Each team is allowed one challenge a game, successful or not, on a personal foul charged to a player on that team, an out of bounds call or whistles for goaltending or basket interference.

A personal foul challenge can come at any point in a game but in the final two minutes of the fourth quarter or overtimes, only the on-court referees can instigate challenges for basket interference, goaltending or out of bounds calls."

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Cris Carter reports: Sudden chance Kevin Durant could return this season

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

Steve Williams

FINALLY....some sense...

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/...ing-hints-at-changes-to-free-agency-timeline/

NBA commissioner Adam Silver calls trend of trade demands 'disheartening,' hints at changes to free agency timeline
Silver said there is 'work to do' regarding free agency
This will never change regardless of what rules the league imposes upon players and team management.

What're they going to do ........confiscate all of the telephones until free agency opens.

Bottom line is, it is the super star players that control where they want to go and hell be damned, they start making calls months in advance

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
I'm 100% rooting for the Clippers in a locker room showdown. :D UBUNTU! Doc is very lucky to have been under 2 legendary executives, Red Auerbach and Jerry West. And I admire him for taking the 'level down' gracefully, from being the President/GM/Coach to just being the head coach and working with 2 execs above him. I admire too him working well with his former assistant in Boston who is now the President of the Clippers - Lawrence Frank, and who was once relegated to pencil pushing work by Jason Kidd when he was an assistant with the Nets. Very humble professional, Doc Rivers.

I remember just a few years ago when many Clipper fans were ready to throw Doc under the bus. Now he is a hero. I always admired Doc.

Reactions: christoph and jadis

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Have you listened to the Chris Carter comments?

The man is a moron. Where does he get off playing doctor let alone a basketball commentator.

He needs to team up with ESPN's Ramona

Yes Steve. I was frowning on what he said about the carrot before the horse. That KD should set a timeline and follow it. That is actually very dangerous, imo.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I had similar thoughts yesterday when you posted that Klay might be back by February.

I doubt that as well

Seems like media suddenly are forecasters.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing