New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
Good question. I would say no because Manu's best days are behind him.When he's on the bench he'd need oxygen by mask and CBD ointment to his knees ;)
I saw Manu at the US Open Finals in Flushing Meadows watching Tennis and he seemed quite fit.
Looked exactly the same as he did when he was still playing :oops:

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Well sadly the bubble broke for team USA and just like that it's over. Now we can get on to the start of the NBA season

France topples Team USA in FIBA World Cup quarterfinals
Loss is Team USA's first in 58 straight non-exhibition games
John Schuhmann NBA.com

https://www.nba.com/article/2019/09/11/fiba-world-cup-team-usa-france-recap

USA can't finish any higher than 5th

Reactions: christoph and jadis

christoph

Dec 11, 2015

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
In a month or so our real season begins.

Steve Williams

Im shocked. Not very typical of KD's demeanor

Kevin Durant rips into Warriors coach Steve Kerr's motion offense

NBC Sports BayArea

Kevin Durant has spoken.

After ditching the Warriors for the Nets in free agency with little-to-no reasoning, Durant opened up on everything from his messy Oklahoma City exit to his Achilles rehab to his Warriors tenure. That includes how he fit into Warriors coach Steve Kerr's offense.

Durant previously has said he simply felt the Nets were the best destination for him. He didn't even talk with Brooklyn's front office -- he just knew. But perhaps style of play fit into his decision as well.

Entering this summer's free agency fresh off an NBA Finals defeat and a torn Achilles, a part of Durant felt Golden State had reached its ceiling. And much of that has to do with Kerr's motion offense.

"The motion offense we run in Golden State, it only works to a certain point," Durant said to the Wall Street Journal's J.R. Moehringer. "We can totally rely on our system for maybe the first two rounds. Then the next two rounds we're going to have to mix in individual play. We've got to throw teams off, because they're smarter in that round of playoffs.

"So now I have to dive into my bag, deep, to create stuff on my own, off the dribble, isos, pick-and-rolls, more so than let the offense create points for me."

Durant, 30, is one of the greatest isolation players in NBA history. He can score off a jump shot, he can drive to the rim or he can back you down and fade over you with his 7-foot frame. But that's not how Kerr's offense works.

In three seasons with the Warriors, Durant only hoisted 17.5 shots per game, down 1.6 from his 19.1 attempts across nine seasons with Seattle and Oklahoma City. On the other hand, his efficiency shot up as a Warrior under Kerr.

KD shot 52.4 percent from the floor with the Warriors as opposed to 48.3 percent with the Sonics/Thunder. The ball wasn't in his hands as much, but Warriors' two championships makes it clear the system worked.

Durant and Kerr were at odds a bit last season, especially down the stretch. Player and coach even disputed how much the two-time Finals MVP should shoot during the Warriors first-round matchup against the Clippers, with Kerr being in favor of more shots for his star forward.

Only time will tell if Durant is correct about Kerr and the Warriors. The same goes for if his game will work under new coach Kenny Atkinson in Brooklyn.

But regardless of what KD believes about Kerr's system, banners show it was pretty damn good basketball.

I might be wrong but IMO of the dynamic duos that sprung up over this past summer, but the only one which makes no sense to me is KD and Kyrie plus we aren't even going to see KD play this year

Reactions: jadis and christoph

Steve Williams

I like Iggie over the years of his career and this is likely his last season and he wants to play for a contender but Grizzlies hang tough

Grizzlies reportedly refusing to talk buyout with Andre Iguodala

https://sports.yahoo.com/grizzlies-reportedly-refusing-talk-buyout-225417098.html

I'd rather have a guy like Iggy who will play limited minutes but give you 110% when he does than a guy like Howard who will play a lot and give you nothing

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
I am a little embarrassed to admit that over the past couple of weeks I've watched all three John Wick movies. Not my usual film fare but for some reason I was hooked on them. Surprisingly, there was an NBA connection, too

So, last night I'm watching John Wick 3 and the first villain that appears looks a lot like 7' 4" former Clipper fan favorite Boban Marjanovic. So, I pause the movie and go to IMDb and sure enough it is Boban and he's the guy trying to kill John Wick in the book stacks of the New York City Public Library.

Needless to say, John Wick (Keanu Reeves) makes very short work of Boban. The giant Serbian was no match for Wick. I bet Boban would have the advantage over Keanu on a basketball court.

Steve Williams

Reactions: christoph

Steve Williams

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
I am a little embarrassed to admit that over the past couple of weeks I've watched all three John Wick movies. Not my usual film fare but for some reason I was hooked on them. Surprisingly, there was an NBA connection, too

So, last night I'm watching John Wick 3 and the first villain that appears looks a lot like 7' 4" former Clipper fan favorite Boban Marjanovic. So, I pause the movie and go to IMDb and sure enough it is Boban and he's the guy trying to kill John Wick in the book stacks of the New York City Public Library.

Needless to say, John Wick (Keanu Reeves) makes very short work of Boban. The giant Serbian was no match for Wick. I bet Boban would have the advantage over Keanu on a basketball court.

I did not like the first two parts. Is the third any good?

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I did not like the first two parts. Is the third any good?

I saw the first, just recall now that it was all about his love for his dog. 2nd, watched and forgot everything, so I thought I need to see the third to complete it. Quit midway as I thought it was basically a showcase of high powered ammunition sprays and Kill Bill redux. I did not notice Boban. :D

Reactions: bonzo75

Steve Williams

Well too bad for LeBron. Perhaps he can seek a different trademark and call it "Taco Monday" or "chicken finger Tuesday"

LeBron James' filing to trademark 'Taco Tuesday' denied
From NBA Twitter and media reports

LeBron James' hopes of making his boisterous "Taco Tuesday" social media posts into a trademark has apparently been denied.

ESPN's Dave McMenamin reports James' application for the trademark was refused by the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office on Wednesday because "Taco Tuesday" is "a commonplace term."

"The applied-for mark is a commonplace term, message, or expression widely used by a variety of sources that merely conveys an ordinary, familiar, well-recognized concept or sentiment message," the USPTO wrote, per ESPN.

A James spokesman told ESPN that the application was filed "to ensure LeBron cannot be sued for any use of 'Taco Tuesday.' "

"Finding 'Taco Tuesday' as commonplace achieves precisely what the intended outcome was, which was getting the U.S. government to recognize that someone cannot be sued for its use," the spokesman told ESPN.

In the denial, the USPTO cited examples of restaurants that have used the "Taco Tuesday" term and cited several articles showing that phrase is a "widely used message used by various parties to express enthusiasm for tacos by promoting and celebrating them on a dedicated weekday."

James' Taco Tuesday social media posts went viral thanks to his unbridled enthusiasm and the inclusion of friends and family members.

The NBA superstar's LBJ Trademarks filed a trademark for the meal-centric term in mid-August. Gerben Law Firm attorney Josh Gerben disclosed the filing on Twitter, adding that James intended to continue his social media posts while creating a "Taco Tuesday" podcast.

Steve Williams

I am truly shocked by some of the things coming out of KD's mouth. Hardly befitting a class guy and super star as he is. Seems he is trying to extricate himself from all prior basketball affiliations. Tore a strip off Kerr's back and now his tirade about Oklahoma. Things in the future might just not be coming up roses for KD. Hopefully Kyrie can keep the lights on in Brooklyn until KD returns in a year

Stephen A.: KD wasn't the leader in OKC

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=27593781

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
I am truly shocked by some of the things coming out of KD's mouth. Hardly befitting a class guy and super star as he is. Seems he is trying to extricate himself from all prior basketball affiliations. Tore a strip off Kerr's back and now his tirade about Oklahoma. Things in the future might just not be coming up roses for KD. Hopefully Kyrie can keep the lights on in Brooklyn until KD returns in a year

Stephen A.: KD wasn't the leader in OKC

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=27593781

I'm quite shocked :oops:
Bad influence maybe...? :rolleyes:

Reactions: jadis

Steve Williams

Steve Kerr says this Warriors season will resemble his first as coach
NBC Sports BayArea

Where the Warriors play their home games this coming season will look a lot different than last. How the Warriors play those game will look a lot different, too.

Steve Kerr confirmed as much, as the Warriors head coach told The Athletic's Joe Vardon that Golden State's season is far more likely to resemble his first year at the helm rather than the most recent.

"That first year we had to implement everything -- that takes time," Kerr said. "It's exciting, and that's what we're going to do with the new group, so that's really exciting.

"That part excites me," he continued. "It's going to be much more similar to Year 1 for my staff."

As you might recall, that first season worked out just fine for Kerr & Co., as the Warriors won 67 regular-season games on their way to the franchise's first NBA title in 40 years. He'd obviously love for the season ahead to conclude the same way, but Kerr knows the Dubs have their work cut out for them.

Kevin Durant is gone, as are Shaun Livingston, Andre Iguodala and DeMarcus Cousins. That's a lot of star power with championship experience that will be missing from the locker room, but Kerr argues there's an even tougher loss to overcome.

"Klay (Thompson) being out is really the big change," Kerr admitted. "Losing Kevin, Andre, Shaun, obviously, those are huge losses. Losing Klay on top of all that really changes the way we're going to have to play at both ends. Klay was always an integral part of everything. Movement on offense, but also the guarding of the ballhandler on defense, switching onto bigs. So until he gets back, we've got to re-imagine everything and adapt accordingly."

After tearing his ACL in Game 6 of the Finals, Thompson is expected to miss a significant portion of the coming season.

D'Angelo Russell, acquired in a sign-and-trade with the Nets, will be counted on to make up for the missing offense, but there will be growing pains in acclimating the new players on the roster.

"Lot of new beginnings, new arena, new roster, and probably some new things, style of play, strategy," Kerr explained. "We'll figure that out as we go. You always have to see how it looks on the court before you can really establish your identity. I'm excited about the challenge and it's amazing it's only a couple weeks away."

Reactions: christoph

Steve Williams

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I'm quite shocked :oops:
Bad influence maybe...? :rolleyes:

Bad influence I can only think of coming from Kyrie. :D
And they haven't even played a game as in pick up ball, due to Durant's rehab. I have found out that Kyrie is quite a talker, maybe that is contagious. :D

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Reactions: Steve Williams

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing