New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Well the Lakers GM :) has rescinded and now supports Kuzma. The last sentence says it all....

Report: LeBron James supports Kyle Kuzma rather than pushing for Lakers to trade him

By Dan Feldman

Kyle Kuzma‘s trainer, Clint Parks, posted to Instagram after Kawhi Leonard‘s Clippers beat LeBron James‘ Lakers on Christmas, “Watching Kawhi highlights from yesterday. NOBODY wants to speak on how sharp his skill set is compared to Lebrons. It’s clear who’s really in the LAB and who isn’t.” Kuzma tweeted, “Call a spade a spade [shrug emoji]”.

And we were off.

Yet, before a Lakers controversy – based significantly on reading into Kuzma’s vague tweet – fully formed, LeBron and Kuzma downplayed it. The players spoke with each other then addressed the media. Kuzma said he can’t control what someone else says and denied that his tweet referred to Parks’ post. LeBron said he didn’t care what Parks said and he’s used to people using his name for clout. LeBron truly sounded unbothered.

However, Kuzma is now suddenly in the thick of trade rumors.

Sam Amick of The Athletic:

As for James, whose influence and voice should never be overlooked in situations like this, a source with knowledge of his thinking said he remains supportive of Kuzma
Does LeBron have power to get Kuzma traded? Probably.

Would I put it past LeBron wanting Kuzma traded over something petty like this? No.

That someone, protected by anonymity, is denying a LeBron-Kuzma rift means only so much. Even if he wanted Kuzma moved, LeBron would probably deny it, maybe even through back channels like this. LeBron operates far more passive-aggressively. He doesn’t want the responsibility that comes with dictating roster moves like that.

Maybe this line of speculation is unfair to LeBron. Perhaps, he’s truly holds no grudge with Kuzma.

But given LeBron’s power, it’s impossible to ignore the possibility he’s involved.

We might never learn the truth. Kuzma never made sense as a scoring power forward on a team with LeBron and Anthony Davis. Kuzma was always the Lakers’ most useful trade chip. So, Los Angeles trading Kuzma would neither prove nor disprove anything.

At least the Lakers keeping Kuzma would indicate LeBron wasn’t pushing for them to trade Kuzma. Because, again, if LeBron wants Kuzma gone, Kuzma will probably be gone.

I truly hate James and I remain conflicted about the team that is doing well and in 1st place in the west but to be able to influence trade decisions by management does indicate he sits above Pelinka in the decision process.

Jeannie has been quiet all year. I guess she is happy

I read somewhere that the Trainer of Kuzma is actually a Lebron hater. :D Can I shake his hand?

I feel Lebron must have a bloated ego now, if he has to face
Jeannie he would tell her , look what I did to give us such a great win loss record. I got us AD which nobody in this planet could do. To which Jeannie would say, I'm speechless, if you need anything, just let me know. :D

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
have been a Lakers fan going all the way back to the early 80's and showtime and have watched the thick and thin

To me James will never be a Lakers but rather a journeyman in search of titles with the most number of teams, something I also say about Kawhi

When LeBron retires heaven forbid the Lakers hoist his jersey and retired number as if he were part of the Lakers family

Hoist it in Cleveland where he deserted them twice

Reactions: christoph and jadis

Steve Williams

Best news of the day.....

Lakers' Anthony Davis to travel after negative MRI from fall

Greg Beacham | The Associated Press

LOS ANGELES -- Anthony Davis plans to travel with the Los Angeles Lakers on their upcoming road trip after he bruised his buttocks in a nasty fall.

The Lakers announced encouraging news about their six-time All-Star’s health Wednesday, a day after he left their blowout win over New York with a scary injury.

An MRI exam performed overnight on Davis showed no major concerns, and X-rays were negative. Davis was extremely sore, but his injuries appear to be only bruises.

The NBA’s sixth-leading scorer is expected to be listed as questionable when the Lakers open a two-game road trip Friday in Dallas.

Davis was hurt when he fell hard on his back and tailbone after trying to block the shot of New York’s Julius Randle in the third quarter of the Lakers’ sixth straight win, 117-87 over the Knicks on Tuesday night.

Davis pounded the court in pain and stayed down for about two minutes while his teammates gathered around him. He eventually rose with help and walked off the court slowly, but under his own power.

After the game, the Lakers’ Danny Green called it an “ugly fall, man. It’s probably going to take some time, seeing how long it took for him to get up and walk out of here, the way he’s walking out of here.”

The news might not be as bad as the Lakers feared, however.

The team initially diagnosed the injury as a bruised sacrum — the lower part of the spine. But the Lakers altered their diagnosis to a soft-tissue bruise after the MRI, which likely means the injury is less serious.

The Western Conference-leading Lakers (30-7) were off Wednesday. They play the Mavericks on Friday and at Oklahoma City on Saturday before returning to Los Angeles.

Davis will be an unrestricted free agent this summer, but he is widely expected to re-sign with the Lakers. He is averaging 27.7 points and 9.5 rebounds in his first season with Los Angeles after the team traded most of its young core to New Orleans for him.

“He’s one of our pillars,” Lakers coach Frank Vogel said. “He’s our present. He’s our future. He’s one of the best players in the world, so obviously he means a lot.”

Reactions: christoph

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Spurs are finally coming to life and knock off the Celts tonight in Boston

Big race for the 8th spot in the west

Maybe face Lebron in the first round.

De rozan has found his range, finally, for a huge contract star, it's about time.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
When I saw this the first time I even thought it was real. Now I learned it's their pre game ritual.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
And looks like Lopez , not sure which, is a whipping boy of sorts.

Steve Williams

I also believe that Trae Young is another super star in the making although he does have to add some muscle and body weight. He's only 21. Will he remain with Atlanta or realize he is a star and pull an AD. I wonder who his manager is :)

James Harden, Trae Young become first opposing players to post 40-point triple-doubles

From NBA.com Staff

James Harden and Trae Young filled the stat sheet Wednesday night and set an NBA record: The two became the first opposing players to post 40-point triple-doubles in the same game, according to the Elias Sports Bureau.

Harden tallied 41 points, 10 rebounds and 10 assists in the Houston Rockets' 122-115 victory over the Hawks in Atlanta. Young countered with 42 points, 13 rebounds and 10 assists.

Reactions: jadis and christoph

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I also believe that Trae Young is another super star in the making although he does have to add some muscle and body weight. He's only 21. Will he remain with Atlanta or realize he is a star and pull an AD. I wonder who his manager is :)

Well Steve, hopefully not a guy named the reverse of Poor Peter. :D

Trae is awesome. Between the swap the Hawks made with Dallas' Doncic, both are great level players though Luka is the more 'all-around' player. Trae's long distance shooting is quite like Curry , really long range.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
C's on a 3-game losing road skid. Lost to a Sixers team without Embiid who is going to have a finger surgery.

Steve Williams

The Thunder (aka ex-Clippers CP3, Gallinart and Gilgeous-Alexander) are up by 20 points over the Rockets with 3 minutes left in the 3rd quarter.

Go OKC!
It was refreshing to see OKC beat the Rockets.
The west is so tight that that anything is possible

Steve Williams

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Well, KD will have his first asterisk, won 2 titles with a championship team. :D

But I liked them both, it stopped the title padding of the real asterisk king. :D

Reactions: Steve Williams

Steve Williams

I wonder if James is officially the GM now that Pelinka has been promoted

Lakers name Rob Pelinka Vice President, Basketball Operations and General Manager

EL SEGUNDO, Calif. -- The Los Angeles Lakers have named Rob Pelinka Vice President, Basketball Operations and General Manager, it was announced today.

Pelinka, who was hired as the Lakers General Manager in March 2017, has helped transform the Lakers roster and basketball operations department. Pelinka orchestrated one of the biggest trades in franchise history last offseason, acquiring six-time All-Star Anthony Davis and signing key free agents to the revamped roster. He also retooled the coaching staff, hiring a veteran group with a variety of experiences. During the 2018 offseason, Pelinka made one of the most significant signings in franchise history, with the acquisition of four-time MVP LeBron James.

“I’m extremely pleased with the work Rob has done in order to put this franchise in a position for success, “said Lakers Governor Jeanie Buss. “His strong leadership skills, as well as his commitment to building a winning culture, both on and off the court, have brought us one step closer to being a championship-caliber team and I look forward to our continued work together.”

Pelinka, 50, joined the Lakers after spending the greater part of two decades representing many of the NBA’s top talent. The Lake Forest, Illinois native earned his B.B.A. from the Ross School of Business at the University of Michigan with high honors in 1993, before receiving his J.D., Cum Laude, from the University of Michigan Law School in 1996. While at Michigan, Pelinka earned a 1989 National Championship as a member of the Wolverines basketball team and also took part in three NCAA Final Fours (1989, 1992 & 1993).

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Whatever the circumstances one has to acknowledge that the Lakers have done quite well so far this season. So, kudos to Pelinka for a job well done. Had it gone in another direction he'd be taking the blame so he should take the credit when due.

The Lakers have been much better than I expected - and the Clippers worse than I expected.

Reactions: christoph

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing