New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
The Bucks have opened a huge lead in the east and no one has the ability in the east to overtake them.The Heat arena in 2nd and the Celts after last night's loss in Phoenix drops them to 4th and 9.5 games behind the Bucks

The Clipps continue to win games in a non plus fashion only to hang around until the playoffs begin and then all bets are off

The one stat which surprises me is that the Lakers not only have the best road record in the NBA but their road record is even better than their record at Staples

Reactions: jadis

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

Steve Williams

Tonight's the night. This plus the fact that the Clipps overnight have a 3 game win streak and have gone from 4th to 2nd place. I anticipate after this Lakers road trip that things are going to even become tighter in the west

Steve Williams

Does anyone have any comments or thoughts about the state of reffing in the NBA. It used to be that all of the faces we saw were part of the sport as well,,,Dick Bavetta, Joey Crawford, James Kersey, Jake O'Donnell, Ed Rush, Hugh Evans, Hugh Hollins etc

I even remember many decades ago watching a game where Mendy Rudolph was the ref and I watched him collapse to the floor and carried off on a stretcher from a pulmonary embolus that he suffered.

I thought these old geezers were part of the game and guys like Joey Crawford had their own game personality with the players as he told them to "shut up"

I thought the league officiating up to the past 5 years ago was superb. Now I just don't know. There seem to be so many officials now including women refs that they just fade into the woodwork as they go through their motions. Too many missed calls and too many wrong calls

A search of the number of NBA referees in 2019-2020 is "69" which I find staggeringly high

When I see the refs introduced only a few are faces which I recognize. Even the color commentators each game seem to be state that the ref issued this one or got that one wrong and this has lead to so many challenges in the game which I a guess has now become part of the game

Steve Williams

Everyone is playing tonight Phil

Lakers' Anthony Davis available to play vs. Celtics
Celtics' Jaylen Brown available to play; Kemba Walker expects to suit up
From NBA Twitter and media reports

The Los Angeles Lakers-Boston Celtics showdown tonight (7:30 ET, TNT) should have decidedly more star power in it.

Lakers big man Anthony Davis will be available to play for the first time in five games. In addition, Celtics forward Jaylen Brown is available to play after missing two games and guard Kemba Walker expects to play after missing the team's last game.

Davis had been out since Jan. 7 after suffering a gluteus maximus contusion in a win against the Knicks. The Lakers have won 10 of their last 11 games, their lone loss coming in a Jan. 15 upset at the hands of the Orlando Magic. In addition, Lakers guard (and former Celtics star) Rajon Rondo is questionable to play tonight with an avulsion fracture in his right ring finger.

This season, Davis is averaging 27.1 points, 9.4 rebounds, 3.2 assists, 1.5 steals and 2.6 blocks per game. The Lakers are 34-8 and the No. 1 team in the Western Conference, holding a 4 1/2 game over the LA Clippers for that perch. They have gone 29-6 with Davis in the lineup, but scored road wins against the Thunder, Mavericks and Rockets in recent days with him out of the mix.

Brown was out because of a right thumb sprain, while Walker was sidelined with left knee soreness. Boston went 0-2 in those games, suffering defeats to the Milwaukee Bucks and Phoenix Suns. This season, Brown ranks as the Celtics' second-leading scorer (20 ppg) while also posting 6.9 rpg, 2.3 apg and 1.1 spg. Walker is Boston's top scorer (22.1 ppg) and leads them in assists as well (4.9 apg).

After beating the Rockets in Houston, the Lakers are now 30-0 in games they led after the third and 14-0 in Western Conference arenas outside of L.A. They have as many losses against the East (11-4) as they do against the West (23-4), and they'll finish their Grammys trip with a jaunt through the Northeast Corridor.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I'm sure ex C's Bradley and Rondo will score 30 points each tonight. :D

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Well Lakers are getting spanked 69-55 at the half Phil. AD has done nothing and looks rusty
Glad the C's are giving a good game, Steve. It's their home.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Very pleasant surprise - take it and run!! Makes up for one you've given away.

Everything balances out in the universe. :)

That's true. I wonder how the C's always lose to the Suns though. :) This Booker always lights it up.

Reactions: christoph

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Christoph, this is for you, courtesy of Jaylen Brown, over the 2 hands of LeBron. :D

Reactions: christoph and WLVCA

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Rare case where Shannon and Skip agree - LeBron watching his son before the Celtics game, citing 'famiy first', is NOT OK.

Reactions: WLVCA

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing