New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Houston outplayed Boston big time, why so many empty seat in the house?

Houston pulled away late. Firepower was too much for the C's. Tatum had a bad night. Each time I see Harden heaves those contested 3's that goes in even though I thought they wouldn't go in, I have to be amazed at that guy. Also I often wonder why Kanter is given just 5 minutes in some games when the guy can contribute.

Reactions: christoph

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Nuggs are one heck of a team and I can see them easily beating the Lakers or clipps in the playoffs. Murray is amazing from outside the arc or driving the lane. They have speed and youth and accuracy and lead 87-84 at the end of 3

Reactions: christoph

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
Houston pulled away late. Firepower was too much for the C's. Tatum had a bad night. Each time I see Harden heaves those contested 3's that goes in even though I thought they wouldn't go in, I have to be amazed at that guy. Also I often wonder why Kanter is given just 5 minutes in some games when the guy can contribute.
I also think Kanter was a good role player back with OKC

Reactions: jadis

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Clippers visit Boston tonight. Ex Celtics doc and Lue will feel at home. :D

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
This is going to be one packed place

Jennifer Hudson to perform special tribute to Kobe Bryant at the 2020 NBA All-Star Game
Lil Wayne, DJ Khaled and Quavo to join Chance The Rapper for NBA All-Star Game halftime show; Chaka Khan and Tenille Arts to sing U.S. and Canadian national anthems
Official release

NEW YORK -- The National Basketball Association (NBA) announced today that GRAMMY® Award-winning recording artist and Academy Award-winning actress and Chicago native Jennifer Hudson will perform a special tribute to the late Kobe Bryant, his daughter Gianna and their seven friends that tragically passed away on Jan. 26. Hudson’s performance will open the night ahead of player introductions for the 69th NBA All-Star Game on Sunday, Feb. 16 at the United Center, airing live at 8 p.m. ET on TNT.

The league also unveiled an All-Star lineup of performers that will join previously announced three-time GRAMMY winner and Chicago native Chance The Rapper, Golden Globe, Emmy, Oscar and three-time GRAMMY winner and Chicago native Common, and Chance’s brother and fellow rap artist Taylor Bennett, throughout the weekend.

Before All-Star team introductions, Common will welcome fans to Chicago with a moving narrative about what basketball means to the city. Prior to tip-off, Chicagoan and 10-time GRAMMY winner Chaka Khan will sing the U.S. national anthem and country music singer-songwriter Tenille Arts will sing the Canadian national anthem. At halftime, Chance The Rapper will take the stage with five-time GRAMMY winner Lil Wayne, 2020 GRAMMY winner DJ Khaled and GRAMMY-nominated Migos rapper Quavo for a star-studded performance of their chart-topping hits.

During State Farm All-Star Saturday Night on Feb. 15, Golden Globe-, GRAMMY- and Primetime Emmy Award-winning rapper, singer and actress Queen Latifah will be joined by Chicago youth for a special performance of Stevie Wonder’s classic song “Love’s in Need of Love Today.” The evening will tip off at 8 p.m. ET on TNT.

On Friday, Feb. 14, the Chicago Children’s Choir will sing the U.S. national anthem in advance of NBA Rising Stars, which begins at 9 p.m. ET on TNT. As previously announced, Taylor Bennett will perform at halftime.

Reactions: WLVCA and jadis

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Clippers visit Boston tonight. Ex Celtics doc and Lue will feel at home. :D

Should be a great game. Looking forward to it.

Good thing Red Auerbach won't be calling the shots or the Clippers locker room would be 100 degrees and their showers would be cold.

Poor Clippers will be very far from home to start the All Star break.

Reactions: jadis

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Should be a great game. Looking forward to it.

Good thing Red Auerbach won't be calling the shots or the Clippers locker room would be 100 degrees and their showers would be cold.

But he did provide Jabbar with an oxygen tank. :D

Reactions: WLVCA

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Didn't know that story and had to look it up. 1984 Finals. Good one.

Yup. Sweltering heat in Game 7 for all the marbles. Bird vs Magic for the first head on title match. Lakers had too much star power few gave Boston a chance specially after a blowout loss in LA on Game 3 for a 2-1 lead heading into Game 4 at the Forum. That OT Celtics road win was a classic 'I don't want to lose' game headed by Larry Bird and Dennis Johnson. Pat Riley then said after Game 7's loss - We lost a gang war out there. Sweltering heat with no air conditioning in the old Boston Garden. But the fans were all riled up (no pun intended). For the first time in my life I saw the fans filled up the parque floor after the game. It was mayhem down there. And, I didn't have to look this up. It's embedded in my memory forever. :D

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Overtime.

I knew Tatum was good but he's much better than I realized.

Kemba Walker drew a nice offensive foul on Kawhi with 10 seconds left.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Lou is faster than I imagined.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing