New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
The NBA put Lou Williams on 10 day quarantine so he'll miss some games. Really stupid move on his part. That won't help team chemistry either.

Lou was a fan favorite - not so much now.

The good thing was that he was pictured, those who will escape and not get caught...well, that is the tough act of the league to walk through. Sad to hear bout Lou. But I think Stephen A predicted that no 'entertainment' will drive players crazy for 3 months, and we haven't even started yet.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
The NBA put Lou Williams on 10 day quarantine so he'll miss some games. Really stupid move on his part. That won't help team chemistry either.

Lou was a fan favorite - not so much now.

Of all the players under the bubble, Lou Williams is the last person I would have expected this from

Clippers' Lou Williams in 10-day quarantine after returning to Orlando
Williams to miss team's first 2 seeding games after NBA investigated guard's trip to Atlanta club

Shaun Powell

ORLANDO -- For the first time in league history, a player is guaranteed to miss an official NBA game for quarantine.

Perhaps it was inevitable here at the Disney campus, where 22 teams involving 300-plus players are camped together, their freedom to move about severely restricted. Some may leave Orlando for family emergencies or other reasons, and under that umbrella, Lou Williams of the Clippers was excused Thursday when he flew home to Atlanta.

However, after attending a viewing for the death of a close family friend, Williams admitted to NBA security that he went to Magic City, a local strip club, later that night. The league was initially suspicious when Jack Harlow, a rapper, posted a picture of him and Williams — wearing an NBA-issued facemask — at the club on social media Thursday before deleting it.

When that went viral, Williams went to social media to clarify: "Ask any of my teammates what's my favorite restaurant in Atlanta is. Ain't nobody partying. Chill out lol. #Maskon #inandout.”

Regardless, his detour will cost him 10 days in quarantine instead of the four he would’ve received had he limited his visit to the wake. That means Williams will miss the Clippers’ first two seeding games, including the opener Thursday against the Lakers; his quarantine period began Saturday.

It was a breach of good-faith that rankled some in the Clippers organization. Coach Doc Rivers said: “You know, obviously those (pictures) got out, and that's something that we obviously didn't enjoy seeing or like.”

The Clippers have yet to put a complete team on the Disney courts for practice because of quarantine or pre-Disney positive tests. Ivica Zubac and Landry Shamet were no-shows at the start while Montrezl Harrell and Patrick Beverley were excused to leave the campus in Orlando to tend to family matters in the past week.

The Clippers have dealt with this level of incompletion for much of the season. Paul George and Kawhi Leonard have missed chunks of the schedule for injury recovery and rest, while Marcus Morris and Reggie Jackson arrived just before the season was suspended. Joakim Noah has yet to play a game.

Along with Harrell, Williams is once again a prime contender for the league’s Sixth Man Award. What troubles the Clippers about this episode is that Williams, at age 33, is one of the team’s veterans and leaders.

It promises to be an interesting stretch for the league and its players during a confinement that will last two or three months for the very best teams. One player violated the spirit of the campus, and the games haven’t even begun yet.

Steve Williams

Just to give an idea what the reboot in other sports has resulted in........If anything similar happens under the bubble, consider the reboot dead in the water

Sources: Miami Marlins cancel game as coronavirus spreads

The Miami Marlins' home opener against the Baltimore Orioles on Monday night has been canceled, sources told ESPN's Jeff Passan, as coronavirus cases continue to pop up among the team.

Eight more players and two coaches with the Marlins have tested positive for coronavirus, as an outbreak has spread throughout their clubhouse and brought the total cases in recent days to at least 14, sources familiar with the situation told ESPN.

The Marlins remain in Philadelphia and continue to undergo testing after their weekend series there.

On Sunday, four Marlins players tested positive for the coronavirus, including that day's starter, Jose Urena, according to sources familiar with the situation, leading the team to delay its postgame trip home amid concerns about a possible outbreak.

The Marlins were already going to be without the services of Urena, catcher Jorge Alfaro, who was placed on the injured list before their season opener on Friday, infielder Garrett Cooper and outfielder Harold Ramirez.

Before the Marlins' opening series in Philadelphia, the team played a an exhibition game in Atlanta on Wednesday. It's also possible that the infections occurred there.

Steve Williams

Steve Williams

Lakers win their final scrimmage game 123-116 vs the Wizards as the Lakers played the entire game with players Ive never heard of. I guess each team is allowed 17 players under the bubble. I was watching Giannis kid brother playing for the Lakers. He has potential. The big news was JR Smith who had 20 points and Dion Waiters had 18.Caruso also played strong

No LBJ, AD or Kuz

Steve Williams

Steve Williams

so here's my question of the day...the league says the new season will start in December BUT will they play in their own arenas or will they be under a bubble somewhere. The arenas will be empty of fans but if the players are no longer being tested or quarantined and there is still no vaccine does this not suggest that more players will be playing who are possibly infected

Bottom line for me is wondering if the new season is going to be any safer than being in the bubble.as once the players are flying from city to city safety or a lack thereof must be a concern and playing in empty arenas is a financial drain for most owners

To me this isn't over until there is a vaccine and the "the fat lady sings"

Reactions: christoph and jadis

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson

Steve Williams

Just to give an idea what the reboot in other sports has resulted in........If anything similar happens under the bubble, consider the reboot dead in the water

Sources: Miami Marlins cancel game as coronavirus spreads

The Miami Marlins' home opener against the Baltimore Orioles on Monday night has been canceled, sources told ESPN's Jeff Passan, as coronavirus cases continue to pop up among the team.

Eight more players and two coaches with the Marlins have tested positive for coronavirus, as an outbreak has spread throughout their clubhouse and brought the total cases in recent days to at least 14, sources familiar with the situation told ESPN.

The Marlins remain in Philadelphia and continue to undergo testing after their weekend series there.

On Sunday, four Marlins players tested positive for the coronavirus, including that day's starter, Jose Urena, according to sources familiar with the situation, leading the team to delay its postgame trip home amid concerns about a possible outbreak.

The Marlins were already going to be without the services of Urena, catcher Jorge Alfaro, who was placed on the injured list before their season opener on Friday, infielder Garrett Cooper and outfielder Harold Ramirez.

Before the Marlins' opening series in Philadelphia, the team played a an exhibition game in Atlanta on Wednesday. It's also possible that the infections occurred there.

A followup to this article.....the Miami Marlins have suspended their season as half the team has covid. As an aside I did not know that Derek Jeter is the CEO of the Marlins

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
and the absence of Lou Williams as well as....

Source: Clippers' Montrezl Harrell yet to return to Orlando, unlikely to face Lakers

is not good for the Clippers tomorrow night[/QUOTE

Montrezl will be a free agent at the end of the season. Not helping the Clippers or his own cause. Don't know why he's outside the bubble so not for me to judge....I guess. To this point the Clippers have been a disappointment in Orlando.

Steve Williams

Montrezl will be a free agent at the end of the season. Not helping the Clippers or his own cause. Don't know why he's outside the bubble so not for me to judge....I guess. To this point the Clippers have been a disappointment in Orlando.

I still feel the Clipps are the team to beat for the title

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
I still feel the Clipps are the team to beat for the title

You are kind.....but I am not getting a good vibe from the Clippers of late.

Sorry to hear about AD's injury. Would much prefer that both teams battle it out at full strength.

Guess that isn't going to happen due to the pandemic. I shouldn't complain given what other folks are going through now.

Steve Williams

I expected the big name players to play more just to get back in game shape afterv the long layoff.
My guess is they wanted to take no chances of injury or infection in the scrimmages and kept them out

Reactions: jadis

Steve Williams

Game time finally

Going to be glued to the games to day
Big news for Lakers.......
Anthony Davis plans to be on the court when his team's season officially restarts Thursday night in Orlando.

Davis, who left the Los Angeles Lakers’ second scrimmage after getting poked in the eye and didn’t play in the team’s exhibition finale at Walt Disney World, told reporters Wednesday he will play in the Lakers' game against the LA Clippers (9 ET, TNT). He didn’t practice on Tuesday, but did practice on Wednesday.

Davis said he would meet once more with team doctors but indicated that he’s expecting to be in the lineup.

“Eye’s been getting better, way better than when I initially got hit. ... Moving in the right direction,” Davis said.

Steve Williams

The games have begun :):)

And who scores the first basket of the reboot but Zion.

I know that not everyone agrees with this reboot but a few things can be said

1. Every player and everyone involved in the bubble has tested negative

2. Most important...the crowd is taken out of every game. There may be assigned home teams but no crowd to spur them on so this is raw round ball

Game on brother and let the best team win

Reactions: christoph and jadis

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing