New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Have to admire the Raptors.....super star leaves and they still play like champions.

They have a bench full of stars. They go deep into the bench

Reactions: christoph and WLVCA

Steve Williams

Already the Lakers post game is calling it a meaningless game as they are all but assured of being the number 1 seed in the west

Lakers miss Avery Bradley

Raptors are in it to win it

Reactions: christoph

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Lowry has totall6y destroyed the Lakers who have not beaten the Raptors in 6 years and this will be their 11th straight losses not in the play there's

He is involved in every play at both ends of the court and when he isn't then there is Siakam, Van Vleet, Toronto IMO can beat the Lakers easily in a 7 game series and home court advantage is meaningless

My feelings too, Steve. And we even forgot Ibaka who I just saw in the late 4th. The guy can be a starter in any team. The 'non-superstars' Anonaby, Van Vleet, Siakam (although he is getting famous now) are the ones who can thrive in the no fans arena game, like backyard pick up ball. They love to sock it to you, like slaying a giant. Raptors are definitely for real, the are the defending champs and they know hard, playoff basketball is like, and to win it. Glad to see Lowry being the main man.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Let's watch this close up carefully. I'm taking my Celtics cap off. We can even imagine the the Raptors vs the Bucks. Giannis first made a left jab at the lower abdomen of Theis, then shoves him with the right as he slipped. There were TWO contacts. The ref blew his whistle to call for a review of a possible hostile act. Upon review, nothing was miraculously done by Giannis, as if he just touched the wind, not the body of Theis. The first left jab should have been easily a common foul, as even a player side-evading a driving player but his body touched the other's body is normally called a foul. Here as jab is erased at 'did not happen', hence, no foul - but the abnormal thing is the ref blew his whistle and stopped play This is not a malfunctioning clock officials time out. In a Game 7 of a playoff game, 2 minutes left, and Giannis would have had his 6th foul with Bucks up by 2, this kind of non-call is going to be outrageous, for obvious reasons for the Celtics. The ref cannot say he did not see the 2 jabs, because he even reviewed it for many minutes. What's happening to the league rules?

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
I didn't see the game so this was the first I saw this video. Giannis definitely took a shot to get around the screen - two shots it appears. Pretty blatant if you ask me, especially since he could review the video in slow motion.

But it isn't a surprise that the stars get the benefit of the doubt on calls in the NBA. I remember in the bad old days of the Clippers they never got a call.....but that changed as the team improved. I even remember Blake Griffin and CP3 complaining about almost every call, good or bad. Heck, LeBron seems to take 4 steps every time he touches that ball and it is never called.

No doubt that should have been the 6th foul on Giannis if all things were equal.

Last edited:

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
One amusing takeaway from the LAL/Raptors game was when the announcer described Caruso as an 'undocumented player'. I was only familiar with the term 'undrafted'.

Steve Williams

Well I did predict before games started that there will be upsets and last night the spanking the Lakers received from the raptors tells me the Lakers are far from favorites to win it all. In fact I would have to add that the Raptors are peaking and staying focused. To me the only team that matches up well against Toronto is the Clippers. That would be an amazing final with Kawhi playing his former team.

after all the months of lay-off it may be a reboot BUT every team is healthy.
The way the Raptors shut down AD and Le Bron was a lesson as to how good the Raptors are

there are just too many good teams to make predictions but right now I’m not so sure about a Lakers Clippers western conference final

Reactions: christoph and jadis

Steve Williams

as we all watch the reboot of baseball and football one thing is clear.....IMO the NBA got it right by creating the bubble with strict regulations as to how to gain entry and once there how to stay safe. It was gratifying to hear that no one now in the bible has tested positive. Every player is negative and hopefully no more Lou Williams transgressions

However no such bubble exists for foot ball and baseball and team travel from one city to the next's taking place even though the stadium is empty of fans. Miami Marlins felt the first sting as more than half the payers and coaches have tested positive and their season is on hold.

I expect to see similar occurrences with other teams in both sports. Which takes me to the thought I posted the other day.....how the heck can the NBA talk about the opening of next season in December to empty arenas BUT the teams will be traveling from city to city. To me this only invites the possibility of exactly what is happening now in baseball

It will also be interesting to see what kind of financial despair these billionaire owners suffer from cancelled games, canceled seasons, player infections etc, etc. I just cannot understand how the NBA next season will be doing what baseball and football is doing now, only to see the repercussions

The world will just never be the same

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Celtics looking good today vs Portand....up by 19 early in the 3rd quarter

Good thing they won. Our two young guns each scored in the 30s. Good sign.

Steve Williams

Back and forth game between Rockets and Bucks mid way through the 4th 105-102 Bucks

Giannis is darn good even though he did commit a hostile act on the Celts a few days ago

yesterday I was commenting about the depth of the Raptors bench but tonight the Bucks bench goes from end to end with each player being a role player and each doing that well.Bucks are also one hell of a team and match up well with Raptors

Steve Williams

Big come from behind win for the Rockets who beat the Bucks 120-116

Rockets also are a serious contender in the west and I always thought they too match up well with the Lakers.

These next few months are going to be fun

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Did I hear Mark Jackson and Jeff VG saying the Rockets' defense won them the game? Was D'antoni fired or what? :D

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
Did I hear Mark Jackson and Jeff VG saying the Rockets' defense won them the game? Was D'antoni fired or what? :D
:p:D

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
as we all watch the reboot of baseball and football one thing is clear.....IMO the NBA got it right by creating the bubble with strict regulations as to how to gain entry and once there how to stay safe. It was gratifying to hear that no one now in the bible has tested positive. Every player is negative and hopefully no more Lou Williams transgressions

However no such bubble exists for foot ball and baseball and team travel from one city to the next's taking place even though the stadium is empty of fans. Miami Marlins felt the first sting as more than half the payers and coaches have tested positive and their season is on hold.

I expect to see similar occurrences with other teams in both sports. Which takes me to the thought I posted the other day.....how the heck can the NBA talk about the opening of next season in December to empty arenas BUT the teams will be traveling from city to city. To me this only invites the possibility of exactly what is happening now in baseball

It will also be interesting to see what kind of financial despair these billionaire owners suffer from cancelled games, canceled seasons, player infections etc, etc. I just cannot understand how the NBA next season will be doing what baseball and football is doing now, only to see the repercussions

The world will just never be the same

I completely agree.
The bubble is the only way this sport can happen safely :eek:

Reactions: Steve Williams

Steve Williams

Listen to LeBron politely say that the Raptors kicked their asses...

It took just that Lakers Raptors game to show me that the Raptors are serious contenders not only in the east but to win it all..FWIW Lakers have lost 11 straight to the Raptors over the past 6 years. They outclassed the Lakers so much that it leads me to the simple conclusion that the Lakers now, IMO are no longer a serious contender to win it all, let alone emerge as the Western conference winner

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=29581644

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing