New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Things are not good in LaLa land as I have seen total decimation of the Lakers in their last 2 game team is struggling. The past 4 games they have shot under 40% for the field

The number one seed merely gets them to the 2nd round but I'd be shocked to seem them go past the 2nd round

The Clippers don't seem to have their heads in the right place either.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Maybe the 2 LA teams are not playing full steam since their positions in the seedings are locked in.

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
I'll root for the Lakers tomorrow. Don't like the Rockets.
I will always root for the team that is against LeBum :rolleyes:

Reactions: jadis

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Reactions: christoph

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Haha

Go ahead and rub it in

The reality to me is that LeBron has lost a lot of his fine touches and super shots and he has become terrible at the free throw lane so if they are going to win it is not going to be about LeBron but AD and the entire team.I believe they have a good core of young kids but he is not going to lead them to the finish line

Reactions: jadis

Steve Williams

the post games here in LA for the Clippers and Lakers recent losses are shining them off to meaningless games as they are the seeding games and Lakers and Clippers are 1-2 so why sweat these games?

My reply is that might be OK but at least play some decent basketball rather than missing every shot made. It was embarrassing to watch the Lakers stink out the court last night and my be is the Rockets are going to take it to the Lakers as right now the Lakers are floundering

Reactions: christoph and jadis

Steve Williams

Steve Williams

to me this is the tell tale woe of a team in trouble.....from ESPN..

It didn't take long to see the Los Angeles Lakers weren't quite carrying a sharp focus or high intensity on Wednesday against the Oklahoma City Thunder. The plan was to approach it like any other regular-season game, though they already clinched the West's No. 1 seed a few days ago.

Still, the Lakers' 105-86 thumping at the hands of the Thunder on Wednesday in Lake Buena Vista, Florida, punctuated the primary issue they've dealt with so far in the bubble. They're the only team in the NBA restart averaging fewer than 100 points per game. They are dead last in offensive rating at 96.6, and by a pretty wide margin (the Pelicans are second-to-last at 102.3).

Steve Williams

and from Yahoo.......

Is it time to worry about the Laker offense?

The Los Angeles Lakers have the worst offense in the bubble.

We’re not just talking about the 86 points on 35.2% shooting in Wednesday’s loss to Chris Paul and the Thunder, although that was a low point.

Four games into the NBA’s restart, the Lakers are scoring less than a point per possession while shooting 39.4% overall and 25.2% from three. Their offense has been worse than the Wizards in Orlando — and how many Wizards starters could you name right now? The Lakers’ starting five — LeBron James, Danny Green, Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, Anthony Davis, and JaVale McGee — have a dreadful 74.4 offensive rating though four games (and a -30.1 net rating).

Should Lakers’ fans be worried? (Duh, yes, I say)

Probably not. This is some small sample size theater with just four games. Coach Frank Vogel has been playing around with the lineup rotations, things haven’t been playoff tight. Plus, after the Lakers beat the Clippers opening night they had the top seed all but sewn up, there hasn’t been real motivation for L.A. to play its best.

More importantly, don’t worry because this team still has LeBron James (although he shot just 42% overall and 27.3% from three over the last four games). They still have Anthony Davis, who has been one of the MVPs of the bubble so far. Those two form the best pick-and-roll combo in the league, and so long as they are on the roster the Lakers have a chance to win it all.

The shooting is a concern — and not a new problem. The Lakers were a below-average shooting team in the season before the shut down (21st in the league on open look three-point percentage). We’ve watched LeBron’s play cover up the flaws in a team and take them to the Finals for years, and it certainly could happen again, but the Lakers shooting — and right now their entire offense — is a concern.

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
It seems that none of us like what we are seeing from the team we root for. :eek:

Must be a reflection of the times - not a lot of optimism out there.

Steve Williams

It seems that none of us like what we are seeing from the team we root for. :eek:

Must be a reflection of the times - not a lot of optimism out there.
Actually it’s both. We’ve waited months for this to play out and out teams seem to be all played out. The rest had made every team healthy and there are just too many good teams in both conferences. The Lakers simply stink. They can’t make a basket from anywhere on the court.

Steve Williams

Actually it’s both. We’ve waited months for this to play out and out teams seem to be all played out. The rest had made every team healthy and there are just too many good teams in both conferences. The Lakers simply stink. They can’t make a basket from anywhere on the court.
As for the Clippers I am less concerned about them as they always find a way to win.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing