New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
But spoke too soon as in a see saw battle the Pacers were clearly the better team as they sweep the season series by beating the Lakers 116-11

Lakers look like a team going through the motions

J R Smith is a dud
If Lakers face the Blazers in the first round they could lose that series

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I read that TJ Warren is the hottest player in the bubble and at that time I have never even seen him play. I thought he was a rookie. And what a display of shooting tonight. Pacers are really good now. Sabonis is even injured, but Ola is doing great. I've always like this guy. Tough loss by the Lakers as it was close down to the last minute. Pacers showing young legs, almost like a team of jumping jacks, no pun intended for our top Pacers' fan here. :D

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Reactions: WLVCA

Steve Williams

Better late than never. His presence will be huge for the Clipps

Clippers' Montrezl Harrell posts he's returned to NBA bubble

LA Clippers power forward Montrezl Harrell posted that he has returned to the NBA bubble.

Harrell posted on his social media accounts that he has rejoined the Clippers after leaving the team on July 17 to tend to his grandmother. The Sixth Man of the Year candidate's grandmother died recently.

Overnight in the early hours of Monday, Harrell posted a video on his Instagram of a view outside his hotel window with the location of Disney Springs in Lake Buena Vista, Florida.

"I'm back!!!!!!!!" Harrell also posted on Twitter.

Harrell will have to quarantine for at least four days. The Clippers have two seeding games remaining: Wednesday against Denver and Friday against Oklahoma City.

After the Clippers lost to the Nets on Sunday, head coach Doc Rivers was asked if Harrell could be available to play against Oklahoma City, their last tuneup before the playoffs.

"We hope so," Rivers said. "That's all I can say."

The Clippers have been waiting to have their full roster available for some time. Besides Harrell having been away, starter Patrick Beverley is nursing a sore left calf strain.

"Still waiting on Trez to get back," Kawhi Leonard said. "... He brings a lot of energy for us. Good rebounder. Also good on switching. Good post-up player. Good passer ... I think it will make the team better."

Steve Williams

Several days ago I also wondered how the NBA will open it's next season on Dec1. It makes zero sense without a vaccine by that time.

LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. -- Inside and outside of ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex, there's far less tension over the sturdiness of the NBA bubble experiment than the uncertainty of the NBA's next season. The league's owners are desperate for customers returning to the stands and suites, for the NBA's game-night machinery to regenerate lost revenue.

Privately, this is a league constantly asking commissioner Adam Silver and his understudies: What's next?

As the league starts to frame the possibilities, they're telling teams simply: The priority for 2020-21 is playing 82 games and playing as often as possible with fans in the seats. For now, those conversations are ongoing, numerous and forever evolving.

Mostly, the NBA is trying to live in the real world, where science and data govern reality -- and that has left everyone scrambling for solutions in a country with no national plan for a virus killing a thousand Americans a day.

Is the NBA flexible on Dec. 1?

The NBA has told teams that the plan remains to start on Dec. 1, but pushing back that date would require a level of confidence that a delay would ultimately result in the reopening of arenas to the public.

If so, the NBA would be willing to hold back the start -- perhaps even months. An opening night of Martin Luther King Jr. Day -- Jan. 18 -- is a consideration. February and March are realistic, too, if a combination of vaccines, therapeutics and rapid-response testing for COVID-19 could contribute to the possibility of public gatherings.

There's hope for vaccines, but the league has prepared teams for the reality that mass distribution would be unlikely for a full year, sources said. For now, too, there's a skepticism about the reliability of rapid-response testing. They're hopeful that advances in the technology could facilitate ways to get fans into arenas -- even if it means less than capacity. Teams are already modeling options that include a few thousand fans to buildings filled closer to capacity.

So what if no arenas -- or a scant few -- are able to host fans in December?

In most NBA venues, it's almost a certainty that mass sport gatherings are unlikely early this winter.

The NBA will consider playing games in practice facilities that are more cost-effective and more easily repurposed for television, sources said. Another idea: What if some markets could house fans, but others can't? That has opened a conversation about neutral-site games. NBA teams could move operations to other league cities -- or more likely, non-NBA markets -- that could allow for paying customers.

For example, New York, Los Angeles and Washington could lag in the ability to reopen. Toronto can't be sure that Canada's borders will reopen to traveling parties from the United States. That would necessitate the Toronto Raptorsfinding a home in the United States.

So those are far less likely scenarios than the NBA starting next season where it plans to end this summer, right?

Yes, the bubble.

This time, ideas center on regional sites and windows of participation that would extend a month for teams, sources said. After that, teams would go home and train -- perhaps for two weeks -- and move onto the next regional bubble against a new pod of teams. Orlando is a consideration, and Las Vegas -- a finalist for this summer's restart -- would reemerge as a possible site too, sources said.

This is one of the ideas, a way to buy time until fans could return to arenas. NBPA executive director Michele Roberts is on the record with ESPN's Tim Bontemps as endorsing the idea -- if the country remains flummoxed by the virus: "If tomorrow looks like today, and today we all acknowledge -- and this is not Michele talking, this is the league, together with the PA and our respective experts saying, 'This is the way to do it' -- then that's going to have to be the way to do it," she told ESPN.

Why a Dec. 1 start date for the 2020-21 season?

Christmas Day games are crucial to the NBA on a lot of levels, but the NBA needs a window to play 82 games, complete the playoffs and still allow its players the chance to participate in the 2021 Tokyo Games in July.

These are noble intentions, but there's increasing skepticism within the league about how long accommodating the Olympics can remain a priority.

For now, here's one idea on the league's whiteboard, sources said: If the NBA believes it can significantly push back the start of the season to buy time on getting fans back into arenas, they've brainstormed the idea of a month-long Olympic break reminiscent of how the NHL has handled the Winter Olympics.

As the pandemic rages on, there's less optimism about the elite players participating in the Olympics -- including Americans and international stars. The NBA and NBPA will take positions that the Games are important, but the Olympics are barely a priority for the owners -- especially when they don't share in the television revenue that originates from the inclusion of the league's superstars. Organizations see the wear and tear on players in whom they've invested hundreds of millions of dollars. Amid a pandemic, the Olympics mean even less to owners, team executives and the NBPA.

At a minimum, Team USA probably will have to be prepared to bring a much younger, less accomplished roster to Tokyo -- a team profile that could ultimately mirror the rest of the world's entries, too.

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Better late than never. His presence will be huge for the Clipps

Clippers' Montrezl Harrell posts he's returned to NBA bubble

LA Clippers power forward Montrezl Harrell posted that he has returned to the NBA bubble.

Harrell posted on his social media accounts that he has rejoined the Clippers after leaving the team on July 17 to tend to his grandmother. The Sixth Man of the Year candidate's grandmother died recently.

Overnight in the early hours of Monday, Harrell posted a video on his Instagram of a view outside his hotel window with the location of Disney Springs in Lake Buena Vista, Florida.

"I'm back!!!!!!!!" Harrell also posted on Twitter.

Harrell will have to quarantine for at least four days. The Clippers have two seeding games remaining: Wednesday against Denver and Friday against Oklahoma City.

After the Clippers lost to the Nets on Sunday, head coach Doc Rivers was asked if Harrell could be available to play against Oklahoma City, their last tuneup before the playoffs.

"We hope so," Rivers said. "That's all I can say."

The Clippers have been waiting to have their full roster available for some time. Besides Harrell having been away, starter Patrick Beverley is nursing a sore left calf strain.

"Still waiting on Trez to get back," Kawhi Leonard said. "... He brings a lot of energy for us. Good rebounder. Also good on switching. Good post-up player. Good passer ... I think it will make the team better."

I was wondering if Montrezl was back yet. Glad to see he finally made it. Now will have to wait and see if he passes the Covid 19 test.

Steve Williams

Lakers played their best game of the seeding round and continued to get stung by 3 pointers by the Nuggs
Bol Bol is the real deal. Great arcing shot and accurate from the line and looks just like his dad.was making 3's ny Green

Game goes again to the last shot in a see saw battle

Kuzma with 0.4 seconds left makes a 3 to break 121-121 tie

Lakers finally win one 124-121

AD looked much better and Danny Green was making 3's so there might be some hope

Steve Williams

Bucks lose to the Raptors yesterday which to me is a sign of things to come yet the sportscasters have the Bucks as rated number one n the league

The big surprise is the only undefeated team in the seeding games is the Suns who are 5-0 and challenging for the 8th spot in the west. To me it comes down to Portland or the Suns as the teams to give the Lakers the most trouble and possible surprise upset

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
How does the Play In work?

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
How does the Play In work?

Jack, from what I know, the 8th team should be ahead of the 9th team by 4 or more games. If 3, they both do a play in with the 8th team needing to win only 1 game, the 9th needs to beat the 8th twice.

This is now very exciting as Memphis lost tonight and Portland won. They should be about tied for the 8th spot right now. The conspiracy theorists are probably jumping up and down as they are rooting for the Blazers to meet the Lakers on Round 1. Btw, Lillard just poured in 61 points tonight.

Reactions: christoph

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
And here is some hoopla outside the bubble. Green gets fined $50k for mentioning the name of Devin Booker. Yeah, and they allowed James to lunch with Davis that resulted in Davis wanting out from NO and landing into Lebron's lap, via Rich Paul, who openly approached Silver in a restaurant, and also 'threatened' Ainge not to get Davis or else blah blah blah. I don't even know why I'm watching the games sometimes. :D

https://www.goldenstateofmind.com/2...en-state-warriors-draymond-green-devin-booker

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Thanks Phil! Three way log jam at 8th in the West! OMG this may be the most exciting end to a season yet!

Dame and Book are Beasts! Portland is to paraphrase Palpatine, "A fully functional Battle Station" now that they have their 2 key bigs back. I never realized just how important Nurc was. Something they haven't had for 2 seasons. How about skinny Melo finally playing some D?!Book has been unlocked by Rubio, their wing has come out of his Sixers shell and more importantly Ayton's ow got vet confidence. I love Ja but the Grizzlies still have pubescent fuzz on their collective faces.

Should the standings remain the same. The rest of the conference is looking insane too! Dallas could be a spoiler too if they can take care of the ball and force the Clipps into a half court duel.I have a feeling we have yet to see the best out of the Nuggets and the Jazz lost Boggy to injury. The top four have to be on their game because unlike any other season in recent memory, they are all vulnerable. Even OKC wit their Raptor-esque drop down D could fell a team having a team on a shooting slump. How ironic if somehow that happened to be the Rockets in the first round!

Remember, no home crowds in the bubble! Crazzzzzzy!!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: jadis

Steve Williams

And here is some hoopla outside the bubble. Green gets fined $50k for mentioning the name of Devin Booker. Yeah, and they allowed James to lunch with Davis that resulted in Davis wanting out from NO and landing into Lebron's lap, via Rich Paul, who openly approached Silver in a restaurant, and also 'threatened' Ainge not to get Davis or else blah blah blah. I don't even know why I'm watching the games sometimes. :D

https://www.goldenstateofmind.com/2...en-state-warriors-draymond-green-devin-booker
Cuz its emblazoned within you

I agree with everything you said

Reactions: jadis

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing