New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator

Steve Williams

My sentiments exactly and totally.

Well guys, you are making my life difficult. As a Lakers fan for 40+ years I feel great to see the Lakers in the playoffs again.You know I'm not a LeBron fan but the circumstances of yesterday's win by Denver takes the Clippers and the Bucks out of the equation as to who they might have to face

Some would now say that the Lakers have an inside path now to the trophy but honestly the East is so wild now that I believe either the Heat or Boston match up well against the Lakers and could rattle their cage in the finals button me the big spoilers that could carry it off is the Heat.

I have never been a Heat fan with or without LeBron but with Butler they are energized and a different team and are as exciting to watch as Denver

Finally my prediction of upsets has borne true.There are 4 teams left, 3 of which I am betting none of us at the start would even have considered

So for me this is going to be a very exciting east and west conference finals and as always may the best team win..... but for me it's "go Lakers"

Reactions: christoph and jadis

Steve Williams

Well guys, you are making my life difficult. As a Lakers fan for 40+ years I feel great to see the Lakers in the playoffs again.You know I'm not a LeBron fan but the circumstances of yesterday's win by Denver takes the Clippers and the Bucks out of the equation as to who they might have to face

Some would now say that the Lakers have an inside path now to the trophy but honestly the East is so wild now that I believe either the Heat or Boston match up well against the Lakers and could rattle their cage in the finals button me the big spoilers that could carry it off is the Heat.

I have never been a Heat fan with or without LeBron but with Butler they are energized and a different team and are as exciting to watch as Denver

Finally my prediction of upsets has borne true.There are 4 teams left, 3 of which I am betting none of us at the start would even have considered

So for me this is going to be a very exciting east and west conference finals and as always may the best team win..... but for me it's "go Lakers"
The big assumption here is that the Lakers will be able to get by the Nuggets o_O

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
The big assumption here is that the Lakers will be able to get by the Nuggets o_O

Well Steve, they are heavy favorites against Denver, and that was the common thinking as to why people thought the Clippers would be a 'better' match. :)

"Oddsmakers at the Westgate Las Vegas Superbook opened the Lakers as -550 favorites after Tuesday’s Game 7. FanDuel has the Lakers listed as -750 favorites (88.2% implied probability), with the Nuggets listed as +470 dogs in the series. The Lakers winning in five games is listed at +210, while the Nuggets are getting 13-1 odds on pulling off another seven-game upset. "

So another upset is improbable.

https://www.actionnetwork.com/nba/n...vs-nuggets-western-conference-finals-schedule

Reactions: christoph

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
The sort of good news is that Hayward status is not 'out' but 'doubtful'. They call it an upgrade. :D And the bad news is that Vegas houses are giving Boston a -1.5 favorite odds for game 2. They did the same for Game 1. :D

Steve Williams

The read of the day.........Doc takes the blame but also revealing was that the team lacked chemistry which truly doesn't surprise me PG13 and Leonard do not have the chemistry that LeBron and AD have. Also revealing was how out of shape his players were and when the Nuggets upped the pace the Clippers were voluntarily coming out of the game for a breather

Coach Doc Rivers says he'll take blame after LA Clippers eliminated from playoffs

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id...ys-take-blame-la-clippers-eliminated-playoffs

Steve Williams

Richard Jefferson picks the Nuggets in 7 games over the Lakers.... I have to admit that anything is possible and the Lakers better hope that they are in good enough condition to stay up to the speed of the Nuggets

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=29900234

Steve Williams

The video of the day.I love Stephen A. He too says Doc is in trouble and he decimated Kawhi and PG. To me I believe the Clippers remain contenders BUT the level of skill of most teams now is such that I believe Clippers best chance was this year as is the Lakers best chance this year Next year I believe we will see much stiffer competition and the standings we saw this year are going to be vastly different next year
I surprised that Ballmer who has spent almost $3B so far and has many more billions tied up in the new Clippers facility in Inglewood has had nothing to say.Clipps and Lakers won't have much at draft time so they better be looking to sign some key players as the rest of the league is not only catching up but surpassing the existing power house teams. Next year the west will have the Mavs, Nuggs and Grizz with exciting young teams

Stephen A. delighted by Max's Kawhi mea culpa

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=29898060

Last edited:

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
The video of the day.I love Stephen A. He too says Doc is in trouble and he decimated Kawhi and PG. To me I believe the Clippers remain contenders BUT the level of skill of most teams now is such that I believe Clippers best chance was this year as is the Lakers best chance this year Next year I believe we will see much stiffer competition and the standings we saw this year are going to be vastly different next year
I surprised that Ballmer who has spent almost $3B so far and has many more billions tied up in the new Clippers facility in Inglewood has had nothing to say.Clipps and Lakers won't have much at draft time so they better be looking to sign some key players as the rest of the league is not only catching up but surpassing the existing power house teams. Next year the west will have the Mavs, Nuggs and Grizz with exciting young teams

Stephen A. delighted by Max's Kawhi mea culpa

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=29898060
The guy is always hilarious in his antics.

Reactions: Steve Williams

Steve Williams

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
The read of the day.........Doc takes the blame but also revealing was that the team lacked chemistry which truly doesn't surprise me PG13 and Leonard do not have the chemistry that LeBron and AD have. Also revealing was how out of shape his players were and when the Nuggets upped the pace the Clippers were voluntarily coming out of the game for a breather

Coach Doc Rivers says he'll take blame after LA Clippers eliminated from playoffs

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id...ys-take-blame-la-clippers-eliminated-playoffs
That's a revelation, that is not much chemistry. And the shock is the revelation of a sports guy who covers the games that even on warm ups these was not enthusiasm among the Clippers players, no high fives after good plays etc.. And he knew it was not a good sign for the team in a seventh game.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
The read of the day.........Doc takes the blame but also revealing was that the team lacked chemistry which truly doesn't surprise me PG13 and Leonard do not have the chemistry that LeBron and AD have.

Maybe it has to do with James openly seeking Davis out. Inviting him to lunch, etc. Kawhi never did that to George. That the GMs of OKC and the Clippers came out with a trade package for George out of the blue was even a big suprise to many. And oh, by the way, they were even saying the magic of Jerry West was there then. West must be boggled by the turn of events now too.

Reactions: Steve Williams

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein

At least one of a Coach's tasks is to prepare the climate for a good chemistry in a team. Or am I wrong? :rolleyes:
What a lame excuse :rolleyes:

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
At least one of a Coach's tasks is to prepare the climate for a good chemistry in a team. Or am I wrong? :rolleyes:
What a lame excuse :rolleyes:
I believe it's the coach's job to do that. I was even wondering why Doc wasn't using the word UBUNTU like he did in Boston.

Steve Williams

Maybe it has to do with James openly seeking Davis out. Inviting him to lunch, etc. Kawhi never did that to George. That the GMs of OKC and the Clippers came out with a trade package for George out of the blue was even a big suprise to many. And oh, by the way, they were even saying the magic of Jerry West was there then. West must be boggled by the turn of events now too.
Perhaps but let's face it....does anyone think that Kawhi is a person you can cozy up to and call him your friend. He is a man of few words and has a blank look on his face all of the time. he never smiles. he never talks. he has one role and that is to bring a trophy to the Clippers and he and PG13 failed miserably. The guy has amazing talent but IMHO he lacks people skills

To me they will be contenders still but not without making some trades and Ballmer opening his check book once again

Reactions: jadis and christoph

Steve Williams

Reactions: jadis and christoph

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing