New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Meantime, Hayward has officially opted out. Don't know what will happen to him. When he, Kyrie and Horford formed the nucleus of the Celtics, it was really good on paper. But. . .
Has anyone expressed interest in Hayward. He was a dud in the playoffs this year

Reactions: WLVCA

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Couple of thoughts -

1. What a shame Klay Thompson was injured...very sorry to see that.

2. Why did Hayward opt out of his final year with the Celtics? His injury history won't get him more money elsewhere. Seems to me he would have been better off to take the big bucks from the Celtics next year and roll the dice going forward. $34 million is a lot of money to walk away from. Maybe he has a secret deal to go back to Utah.

3. Wonder why Michael Jordan drafted Lamelo Ball? Mayber Jordan wanted in on a Big Baller shoe deal :)

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Remember when LaVar Ball said he could beat Michael Jordan one on one?

Perhaps we'll get to see them face off now.

Reactions: jadis

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

Friendly match in their home backyard? And he was a football player, maybe can't shoot. :)

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Has anyone expressed interest in Hayward. He was a dud in the playoffs this year
Before he opted out, it was rumored there will be a sign and trade with the Hawks or Pacers. Did not happen. If no one offers Hayward a 3-4 year deal, he might call Danny. :D

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Couple of thoughts -

1. What a shame Klay Thompson was injured...very sorry to see that.

2. Why did Hayward opt out of his final year with the Celtics? His injury history won't get him more money elsewhere. Seems to me he would have been better off to take the big bucks from the Celtics next year and roll the dice going forward. $34 million is a lot of money to walk away from. Maybe he has a secret deal to go back to Utah.

3. Wonder why Michael Jordan drafted Lamelo Ball? Mayber Jordan wanted in on a Big Baller shoe deal :)
On #2, It seems that Hayward is sure if he opts in, he will be traded by Danny to some team which he many not like. So now, his agent is busy shopping for a team in which they 2 may have mutual interest. Problem with Hayward in Boston is that his position was taken by the rising Tatum. He has become a 4th option and was relegated to a playmaker role but actually did a decent 17ppg. and 8 reb/game. That was before the sprain in game 1 on the first round series against Philly.

Reactions: WLVCA and MikeHorns

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Warriors add Sun's (OKC) Kelly Oubre, Jr. And I saw highlights of their no. 2 pick. 7 foot 1 high flyer who can be a starter already. :D

I've watched a couple games live in Phoenix and observed Kelly Oubre closely - that guy is an arrogant a-- and carries himself with a nasty demeanor. I won't say he plays dirty but.... Won't say he doesn't have talent though.

Thought it was good for the Suns when they dumped him but now he ends up in Golden State. He and Draymond will make quite a pair there.

Maybe Steve Kerr can straighten Kelly out.

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
On #2, It seems that Hayward is sure if he opts in, he will be traded by Danny to some team which he many not like. So now, his agent is busy shopping for a team in which they 2 may have mutual interest. Problem with Hayward in Boston is that his position was taken by the rising Tatum. He has become a 4th option and was relegated to a playmaker role but actually did a decent 17ppg. and 8 reb/game. That was before the sprain in game 1 on the first round series against Philly.

Ok, that makes sense. Better to pick his own spot that let the chips fall where they may. Too bad he had so many injury issues in Boston.

MikeHorns

Jul 6, 2014
Los Angeles

As much as I dislike LaVar, he is no dummy. He has no shame in popularizing the "Ball Brand" by making outlandish comments to generate attention so he, his boys, and BBB could benefit from it. Since two of his boys made it to the top 3 picks(which set the NBA record for siblings), I'd say he has done well for being totally shameless.

Steve Williams

As much as I dislike LaVar, he is no dummy. He has no shame in popularizing the "Ball Brand" by making outlandish comments to generate attention so he, his boys, and BBB could benefit from it. Since two of his boys made it to the top 3 picks(which set the NBA record for siblings), I'd say he has done well for being totally shameless.
It reminds me exactly when first Venus and then Serena turned pro. Their pappy also couldn’t shut his mouth even when he sat court side.

Reactions: MikeHorns

MikeHorns

Jul 6, 2014
Los Angeles
I've watched a couple games live in Phoenix and observed Kelly Oubre closely - that guy is an arrogant a-- and carries himself with a nasty demeanor. I won't say he plays dirty but.... Won't say he doesn't have talent though.

Thought it was good for the Suns when they dumped him but now he ends up in Golden State. He and Draymond will make quite a pair there.

Maybe Steve Kerr can straighten Kelly out.
Oubre has only one year left on his contract which is exactly what the Warriors need(low risk). He will try to impress GS and others for a long-term contract by playing hard and not be an ass. If Klay comes back healthy next year(?), GS will not obtain Oubre(due to the cap) unless Oubre all of sudden turned into MJ, which is highly unlikely.

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson

You are correct. My mother said money and class don't always go together. Sometimes it pays to be brazen.

We do live in a shameless world today, for good or bad. It did pay off for Mr. Ball and his sons.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Dwight Howard to Philly. Gallinai to the Hawks.

Ainge is sleeping. :D

MikeHorns

Jul 6, 2014
Los Angeles
Kings signing Fox to a max of 5yr, $163 mils(can be as high as $197 mils) is a reach. This the problem with the Kings not being successful. Fox is an excellent player but hasn't even made it to all-star and is already getting a max deal like he is a superstar. I mean who's out there gonna offer Fox a max deal to take him away? None.

Steve Williams

I knew Howard would leave. He's a journeyman player who will go wherever he can sign a contract. This year and the Lakers provided him with some redemption from poor past performances. I would like to see him stay as who will be their next "big"

Steve Williams

I hope the Lakers have a bigger deal coming to let Dwight go to Philly for only 2.5 mils - the same deal he signed with the Lakers last season.
Lakers have to do something because the competition is just getting better and better and there are many teams inn the west who match up well against the Lakers

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing