New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
Look..... I wish I knew what to say. The league is a different entity than it was 10 years ago clearly as a result of James. You knew I wasn’t a fan. so now with a ring and looking good again, this Lakers fan of over 40 years warns my heart. What is a huge positive is the team chemistry that I see he has instilled. His team mates are animated on the sidelines and I believe they have finally not only found a good coach but so also one who is respected by Le Bron and the team. Lastly, the deep friendship between him and AD has only served to make him a mentor to AD as team heir apparent. The past 10-15 years have been nothing but horrible worsened only by the front office antics. So truly there seems to be a calm with the team that I haven’t seen since Showtime and the Magic era.

Mike, I said last year that IMO it was the Clippers to lose as I felt they were the best team. I never saw and still don’t see that camaraderie on the Clippers bench. I still feel that KL is not a team leader. He’s there for one purpose only and that was the same purpose LeBron was brought to the Lakers. IMO PG is the better team leader but I don’t see him taking control. I maintain that there will always be player animosity when it comes to load mgt and KL If he’s the goto guy, he’s got to learn to be a leader And although it’s too soon for me to say, from what I’ve seen I’m not yet sold on Lue
Great posting, Steve :cool:

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Notables on the head case list to have won a ring or 2 are Andrew Bynum, Rasheed Wallace, Ron Artest, Dennis Rodman, Jason Williams, Vernon 'Mad Max' Maxwell, and J.R. Smith, who just won another ring last year.

Reactions: christoph

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
All the Nets need now to complete the trifecta, is to trade for Westbrook. :D
Now we will have one big 'happy' reunion + Mr. Awal, flat earther, pyrotechnical, sideshow Kyrie Irving.

PS. I'm always curious if the sage burning sets off the fire alarms/sprinklers in each arena. And why does each team/arena owner allow such an act?
Now the Nets "only" need to trade Kyrie Irving for Westbrook.
OKC 2021, only that they are now called Nets :p

Last edited:
Reactions: MikeHorns and jadis

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
It's a good time to kick out mysterious KI for Westbrook, a good alibi. KI can't fit with any team, apparently. :D
I had the exactly same thought while catching up today ;)

Reactions: jadis

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Anytime, Christoph.
I vaguely remember White Chocolate's career, but I do recall bits of his showboat type kind of play. Did someone mention he's also a Pistol Pete reincarnation? :D I read too that Jason is a close friend of Shaq as they were neighbors.
They played together in Miami when White Chocolate got his ring iIrc

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Notables on the head case list to have won a ring or 2 are Andrew Bynum, Rasheed Wallace, Ron Artest, Dennis Rodman, Jason Williams, Vernon 'Mad Max' Maxwell, and J.R. Smith, who just won another ring last year.
I also remember Spree as a tragic talent :oops:

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I also remember Spree as a tragic talent :oops:
He literally gave when term choker another meaning. :)
As I read up now on the incident, he, and his lawyer had the gall to sue the Warriors after his 3 year contract was terminated and actually won the case.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Stephen A on the mystery of Kyrie.

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Stephen A on the mystery of Kyrie.

These pundits are way to powerful, IMHO :oops:
How come they can publicly "demand" or "force" some one to retire or even worse, to be fired!!
This is not OK, even when it concerns Kyrie :rolleyes:

Reactions: MikeHorns and jadis

MikeHorns

Jul 6, 2014
Los Angeles
Even though I made fun of Kyrie's recent behaviors, I really wish he would just step out of basketball for a while and get professional help. The nets have plenty of talent now to possibly make it to the top seed in the Eastern Conference and he can return to the team when he is nice and ready.

Kyrie's recent behavioral change reminds me of Antonio Brown during the tail-end of his stay as a Pittsburg Steelers before they kicked him out of the team. Antonio was a perennial all-pro, all-league wide receiver and was on his way to the NFL hall of fame. He later admits to his bipolar issue and starts receiving treatments and medicines and he is now playing in the playoffs with Tom Brady.

Reactions: christoph and jadis

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I watched the Marbury documentary on Netflix. Dang, that was a heck of a meltdown.

Fortunately he was still able to pick up the pieces and ride into the sunset.

Reactions: christoph and jadis

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I watched the Marbury documentary on Netflix. Dang, that was a heck of a meltdown.

Jack, reason I know something bout him is because he was yet another 'star' player who was signed by the Celtics in his twilight years and I remember in his first game at the Garden the fans welcomed him with loud cheers each time he hit a shot. Looking up on his highlights showed us an incredible talent who could do a lot of things that today's players can do. How bout that midcourt jump shot on the first reel. That's a 6 point play. :D

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Even though I made fun of Kyrie's recent behaviors, I really wish he would just step out of basketball for a while and get professional help. The nets have plenty of talent now to possibly make it to the top seed in the Eastern Conference and he can return to the team when he is nice and ready.

Kyrie's recent behavioral change reminds me of Antonio Brown during the tail-end of his stay as a Pittsburg Steelers before they kicked him out of the team. Antonio was a perennial all-pro, all-league wide receiver and was on his way to the NFL hall of fame. He later admits to his bipolar issue and starts receiving treatments and medicines and he is now playing in the playoffs with Tom Brady.
I don't think Kyrie has mental issues, he rather gives me the impression of "just" being plain stupid :oops:

christoph

Dec 11, 2015

christoph

Dec 11, 2015

Thanks for the recommendation.
I will watch that docu!

Reactions: JackD201

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I don't think Kyrie has mental issues, he rather gives me the impression of "just" being plain stupid :oops:
I disagree. He is in sore need of medical help with an intervention. How does "conduct detrimental to the team sound" With Harden now there Kyrie could become expendable but which GM in his right mind would trade assets for Kyrie

Reactions: christoph

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Celtics playing their first game after 3 postponed games, with only 8 players cleared to play. Surprisingly, they had stayed tied for first place in the East. o_O Postponements may be a good thing. :D

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing