New AlexxV

Mdp632

May 29, 2016
Thank you for clarification. Is this option available for all WA speakers or just for the selected ones?

I'm curious as to this as well. I'm speculating that the requirement is a WA speaker that uses their propagation delay "chart".

That being said, * I think that this would start at the Sasha DAW.

metaphacts

Industry Expert
Feb 1, 2011
Lower Provo River
I'm curious as to this as well. I'm speculating that the requirement is a WA speaker that uses their propagation delay "chart".

That being said, * I think that this would start at the Sasha DAW.
Technically it could be applied on any adjustable Wilson but will be most effective (audible) on the models with the greatest alignment adjustability - WAMM, XVX, Alexx V. I have never requested the offsets for others.

Reactions: Mdp632

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Technically it could be applied on any adjustable Wilson but will be most effective (audible) on the models with the greatest alignment adjustability - WAMM, XVX, Alexx V. I have never requested the offsets for others.
Hi Metaphacts,

Thanks for continuing to take the time to inform many of us of Wilson's latest. How would one request any information on the Gryphon Mephisto and Wilson XLF? Pedro from Absolute Sounds is likely to come when things are safer/more normalized here to calibrate the XLFs which were installed last year. If we have the information, it might factor into his calibration even though without it, his talents and remarkable breadth of knowledge make for fantastic music making with Wilson (and probably most any set up!) Thanks in advance for any guidance.

metaphacts

Industry Expert
Feb 1, 2011
Lower Provo River
Hi Metaphacts,

Thanks for continuing to take the time to inform many of us of Wilson's latest. How would one request any information on the Gryphon Mephisto and Wilson XLF? Pedro from Absolute Sounds is likely to come when things are safer/more normalized here to calibrate the XLFs which were installed last year. If we have the information, it might factor into his calibration even though without it, his talents and remarkable breadth of knowledge make for fantastic music making with Wilson (and probably most any set up!) Thanks in advance for any guidance.
First, I agree completely with your assessment of Pedro's skills.

As far as i know, the Mephisto is not among the amplifiers we have measured. It's not an amp that has been sent to us for evaluation. There are not many Wilson dealers in the US who sell Gryphon and those who do don't sell as far up as XVX. Perhaps before Pedro is able to come to ial in your XLF, we might come across one to measure.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010

As far as i know, the Mephisto is not among the amplifiers we have measured. It's not an amp that has been sent to us for evaluation. There are not many Wilson dealers in the US who sell Gryphon and those who do don't sell as far up as XVX. Perhaps before Pedro is able to come to ial in your XLF, we might come across one to measure.
Thank you. If you do find one, please let us know even if I am sure it is hardly nearly the top of your very long to do list!

LL21

Dec 26, 2010

Hi Metaphacts,

Just to let you know we are now looking to arrange for Pedro to finetune the XLF...between Covid and some significant changes to the system, it has been over a year. But frankly, we wanted the finetuning done when all the system changes were made. The original setup was for the Gryphon and CJ electronics, but with the Robert Koda, I suspect there might be some minor adjustments that Pedro would aim to make.

One question of course is whether there is anything Wilson have in measurement terms that Pedro might take into consideration as part of his finetuning process for the XLFs. Robert Koda K15EX/K160 Monos. Thank you.

metaphacts

Industry Expert
Feb 1, 2011
Lower Provo River
Hi Metaphacts,

Just to let you know we are now looking to arrange for Pedro to finetune the XLF...between Covid and some significant changes to the system, it has been over a year. But frankly, we wanted the finetuning done when all the system changes were made. The original setup was for the Gryphon and CJ electronics, but with the Robert Koda, I suspect there might be some minor adjustments that Pedro would aim to make.

One question of course is whether there is anything Wilson have in measurement terms that Pedro might take into consideration as part of his finetuning process for the XLFs. Robert Koda K15EX/K160 Monos. Thank you.
Pedro can contact us to get precise numbers for a listening distance and ear height that are in between the settings in the manual. Those settings should be requested/applied once the speaker position and listening position are finalized.

Reactions: Lee

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
I'd be curious to learn what amp and preamp were used for the Alexx V rollout at other dealers. D'Agostino is what Wilson often uses at shows. I would not make a buying decision based on hearing the Alexx V with Spectral electronics.

The Alexx V is 92dB with 2.0 ohms minimum, 4 ohms nominal. So a small incremental improvement but I wish they were more efficient to broaden amp choices. Although as I've learned about Wilsons, the numbers don't always correlate with the sonics.
Also, upper end Audio Research Reference at several dealers.

barryr1

Aug 12, 2019
usa
Pedro can contact us to get precise numbers for a listening distance and ear height that are in between the settings in the manual. Those settings should be requested/applied once the speaker position and listening position are finalized.
Who should one contact. I wrote to Jerron. He told me no specific micro adjustments for alexandrias. I recognize that i have only a fraction of the experience of a top installer but as a technical guy myself i suspect that the adjustment of all alexandrias would be similar by amplifier specification. the adjustment of a specific module by one or two clicks making a notable difference is significant. Id love to hear what effect this could have on my system. Thanks

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Thank you! I have passed the message onto Pedro.

Reactions: metaphacts

metaphacts

Industry Expert
Feb 1, 2011
Lower Provo River
Who should one contact. I wrote to Jerron. He told me no specific micro adjustments for alexandrias. I recognize that i have only a fraction of the experience of a top installer but as a technical guy myself i suspect that the adjustment of all alexandrias would be similar by amplifier specification. the adjustment of a specific module by one or two clicks making a notable difference is significant. Id love to hear what effect this could have on my system. Thanks
I am talking about proper time alignment based on a listening distance and ear height numbers that are between the distances/heights listed in the manual. Amplifier specification is not a part of this.

barryr1

Aug 12, 2019
usa
I am talking about proper time alignment based on a listening distance and ear height numbers that are between the distances/heights listed in the manual. Amplifier specification is not a part of this.
Thank you. Possibly i misunderstand this paragraph below then. I am seeking to determine the corrective offsets from the standard settings in the manual based on my amp, which group delay may be significantly different from the amp used to calculate the charts in the manual. Am i completely not getting what is discussed below?

metaphacts said:
What we are doing is measuring the group delay of the amplifier and calculating an offset from standard settings. It's quite an ear opener if your system uses an amp whose group delay is significantly different from the amp used to calculate the charts in the manual.”

metaphacts

Industry Expert
Feb 1, 2011
Lower Provo River
Thank you. Possibly i misunderstand this paragraph below then. I am seeking to determine the corrective offsets from the standard settings in the manual based on my amp, which group delay may be significantly different from the amp used to calculate the charts in the manual. Am i completely not getting what is discussed below?

metaphacts said:
What we are doing is measuring the group delay of the amplifier and calculating an offset from standard settings. It's quite an ear opener if your system uses an amp whose group delay is significantly different from the amp used to calculate the charts in the manual.”
That reply is referring to Chronosonic XVX and the WAMM. They are the only speakers for which we provide dealers/distributors with proprietary offsets.

However, we supply exact listening distance/ear height settings to our dealers and distributors for any of our alignable speakers.

Reactions: barryr1

barryr1

Aug 12, 2019
usa
That reply is referring to Chronosonic XVX and the WAMM. They are the only speakers for which we provide dealers/distributors with proprietary offsets.

However, we supply exact listening distance/ear height settings to our dealers and distributors for any of our alignable speakers.
Got it. Thx

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing