New Anvil levitation footer

Bruce McDougall

Mar 20, 2016
I've been away for a bit but have a new product just about out. I'll need to consult with WBF for promotion rules. Unique magnetic isolation method that is different than anything else. Very effective isolation. Cost effective and works on its own or with other footer technology

Attachments

• 20230109_203501.jpg
    20230109_203501.jpg
    411.3 KB · Views: 59

Tuckers

VIP/Donor
Nov 18, 2020
Hi Bruce, what's up with these? They loo, interesting!

Bruce McDougall

Mar 20, 2016
Hi again Tuckers. Although the footers utilize magnetic levitation , they do not use opposing magnets which can virtually eliminate any spring effects. Originally developed for my turntables , and now for most components. Besides turntables ( which i believe thes are flat out the best devices available) ive noticed the greatest effect on tube dacs and preamps and amps. They are the only device I am aware of that isolates more as it is compressed. Constrained layer technology is also utilized. Completely tuneable effects make them highly adaptable to various systems. The consistent result is a sort of "detangling" of the soundstage with greater seperation and recognition of instruments in the mix. It's remarkable how cluttered and compressed audio reproduction can be even in high end systems and these really help. They also reduce hardness in systems and enhance the 3d effect with more freedom from physical boundaries. I have sold these for 10 years but have kept a low profile. I'm planning on creating a new website soon as there are reviewers interested and I'm looking forward to a wider audience. I used to do the Axpona shows also and miss the events.

kach22i

WBF Founding Member
Apr 21, 2010
Ann Arbor, Michigan
www.kachadoorian.com
I have sold these for 10 years but have kept a low profile.

I put aside a project 12-15 years ago, going to pick it back up in a few years - I swear.

At least you got your project to work well enough to sell, development setbacks take a little out of your soul. I don't know how Edison and his team persisted like they did.

Please keep us informed, looks like a out of the box cool gizmo.

Bruce McDougall

Mar 20, 2016
Thank you. Mostly, I idled the turntable business as they are very, very difficult to produce and needed a break. The footers and some other products I'm working on require tolerances much more forgiving and the entir IMG_20170401_150925814 (1).jpg e process. The turntables were crazy as I utilized custom cast alloys and a lot of technology not seen elsewhere. This example had on the fly belt tension adjustment, vta and spindle to pivot distance. Also extensive use of magnetics and phase control over motor .It also had the lowest bearing friction of any non air bearing turntable.

pmiller

Oct 7, 2020
What are the price of these things, is there more than one size and, if so, what are the differences and applications they are intended for and, of course, what are the various prices, ordering, payment and return information? Thank you in advance.

Bruce McDougall

Mar 20, 2016
What are the price of these things, is there more than one size and, if so, what are the differences and applications they are intended for and, of course, what are the various prices, ordering, payment and return information? Thank you in advance.
Is there a particular component you have in mind? They are all 3" x 1/2 , however the loading can vary and this affects price. Generally, 45 to 65$ each and can hold from about 6# to 38# ea.

pmiller

Oct 7, 2020
Is there a particular component you have in mind? They are all 3" x 1/2 , however the loading can vary and this affects price. Generally, 45 to 65$ each and can hold from about 6# to 38# ea.
I was thinking about possibly trying these under an Anthem AVM 90 processor, likely 1 under each of the 4 footers. The processor weighs approx. 35 lbs. distributed over 4 footers. What would the price be and what is your return policy?

Bruce McDougall

Mar 20, 2016
55.00 ea for an application like that. I'm guessing the majority of the weight distribution is to the rear where the transformers are. Returns anytime within 45 days ( never had a return though)! I've never applied these in a home theater application, would be an interesting experience. Currently, these are back ordered for about 2 weeks due to demand and the Holiday.

Please contact me moving forward at anvilturntables@gmail.com

Regards
Bruce

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing