New Audigon Service Fee

steve59

Jan 7, 2018
but that's my point. Between paypal and Agon fees the price is up 8% then shipping on top of that, insurance, holy smokes. I list and sell on USAM and just hope more hifi lovers find it. I sold a pair of Revel Salon 2's. $12k. Agon got $460, paypal got $460, shipping was 650, I think insurance was $40-50. I was given a pallet, bubble wrap, tie downs and tape $40. My $12k quickly became $10445. then the $20 listing fee. I remember when Agon ONLY charged the $20 listing fee. this was an example, in reality I sold the speakers on usam and made enough to order a pizza.

Republicoftexas69

Same here.
It's so wrong when the buyer is forced to pay the PayPal fee.
I agree. I look at it as a cost of doing business. The seller should eat the fee.

Reactions: Lowrider75

Republicoftexas69

Everyone has their beliefs. I'm sure people who believe the seller should eat the fees just price their gear accordingly.
I am sure that is the case. I will only take ACH payments now.

Hpalmer

Mar 1, 2023
Yes Zelle is one that I use quite a bit.
New to WBF, have had recent negative dealings with both Audiogon and eBay as a seller. Paid listing fees to Audiogon to maximize exposure of items that had not sold yet on USAM (have had very positive results in selling equipment no longer used). 30 days on Audiogon and not a nibble, they wanted me to pay additional fee for greater exposure, 30 days was enough. Also listed on eBay at same time. Listed NOS Tubes (now listed on WBF) and got an immediate offer, unfortunately “buyer” messaged wanting to conclude sale outside of eBay. Second item a VPI record periphery ring had an immediate offer which I accepted. Shipped the item at greater cost than $ received for shipping. USPS attempted 2 deliveries, “buyer” finally picked up item 1 day before EBay was going to release funds. Buyer then requested “return/refund” due to shipping damage. The shipment was insured, but I can’t file a USPS claim because buyer accepted/picked up without reporting damage until he contacted eBay. Pictures he submitted clearly show package was damaged. eBay is now having him ship the item back to me, 21 days after it was delivered. No more eBay, removed other listings I had. Will stick with USAM and now that I “discovered” WBF, on this site classified. Sorry for the long rant. Aloha

NC Lee

Oct 23, 2014
NC
So, how much is the buyer charged by Audiogon.
I see nothing in the Fees section or Terms of Service.

Lowrider75

Dec 4, 2019

Kray

Apr 12, 2021
I rarely do stuff like this but AG has become so full of it I submitted a report to the FTC.

they are zeroing in on “junk fees” proliferating the economy and the buyers fee falls under this. Especially with the fact it’s technically a “surprise” fee since you have no idea what it’s going to be.

it may not amount to anything but ignoring it just emboldens AG to do this stupid BS.

The Federal Trade Commission works to promote competition and protect and educate consumers. Learn more about consumer topics at consumer.ftc.gov, or report fraud, scams, and bad business practices at ReportFraud.ftc.gov.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing