New flagship Synergistic Research Galileo PowerCell SX conditioner

DeYoung

VIP/Donor
Feb 20, 2019
KY
Lol, looks like I posted about an over-priced lemon. Oh well, that’s useful info I guess :D
Not one person on this forum has even experienced it so I'm not sure where your "lemon" reference is coming from.
Remains to be seen as to its effectiveness so I'll leave it up to the reviewer's who get there hands on it to pass judgement.
I do know that the Powercell UEF 12se i use is very good at what it does and has contributed to the enjoyment of my system.

DeYoung

VIP/Donor
Feb 20, 2019
KY
David,
I'm pretty certain that if you listened to any of Synergistic's devices, even if you were facing East and said the proper prayer at exactly the right time of day, you would be as unimpressed as I was.
Marty

I'm pretty certain that there are many satisfied users of Synergistic's products who would kindly disagree with you.

Bodhi

Apr 20, 2014
Not one person on this forum has even experienced it so I'm not sure where your "lemon" reference is coming from.
Remains to be seen as to its effectiveness so I'll leave it up to the reviewer's who get there hands on it to pass judgement.
I do know that the Powercell UEF 12se i use is very good at what it does and has contributed to the enjoyment of my system.
That was a facetious comment in response to the barrage of negative comments from members about this product, and the manufacturer in general..

Last edited:

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Hey, makes a change from KittyLitterGate over Entreq that I to my eternal shame LOL was sullied by.

DeYoung

VIP/Donor
Feb 20, 2019
KY
That was a facetious comment posted in response to the barrage of negative comments from members about this product, and the manufacturer in general..
Yes..its funny how you get all the piling on, like a feeding frenzy. Not sure why Ted Denny and his company is such a target. His products have added greatly to my enjoyment of music based on the results from the best scientific instrument available to me...my EARS.
Regardless of the negativity concerning the brand which is mostly from those who have ulterior motives, I intend to make a purchase when it becomes available.

Reactions: Bodhi

tima

Industry Expert
Mar 3, 2014
the Upper Midwest
Just pointing out the obvious to "potential group of gullible buyers" you mentioned :)!

Part of our attempts here in sharing is educating, if I come out in a direct manner I'm countered with things like "the world according to David", when I can asking questions deflects that type of confrontation and I still get the point across.

david

Indeed, the Socratic method can be effective.

Reactions: the sound of Tao

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
(...) Part of our attempts here in sharing is educating (...)

Most times educating implies deeply understanding what we are criticizing or commenting. Considering that no one really understands the effects of power conditioning devices IMHO at best we can share experiences, not educate any one on them. BTW, I do not consider exposing ridiculous marketing claims as valuable education - many worthy products are guilty of it - although I understand people indignation with it. I always get nervous when I see a reference to "electrons" in audio litterature ... :)

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014
Yes..its funny how you get all the piling on, like a feeding frenzy. Not sure why Ted Denny and his company is such a target. His products have added greatly to my enjoyment of music based on the results from the best scientific instrument available to me...my EARS.
Regardless of the negativity concerning the brand which is mostly from those who have ulterior motives, I intend to make a purchase when it becomes available.

It’s great that Synergistic Research products are working for you... there are clearly so many grey areas in this pursuit and in the end we have to ultimately just trust our perceptions since what we are going for is experience, and that is in the end just subjective judgement.

I’m not sure about the whole piling on thing here though but rather figure that some are just challenging what appear as assumptions and this is to be reasonably expected since Ted Denny clearly plays on the contentious edge of the weird science end of the spectrum.

My limited experiences of the SR products haven’t been convincing for me but to be honest that’s nothing really. A guy I know got all excited about the SR UFT vibraton dots. Now I can’t DBT the difference between vibraton and inflaton but the dots on dots off demonstration was in the way too subtle to say spectrum but certainly I wasn’t digging the music any more with the SR dots applied.

A mate (who is a tech) recently showed me inside the unterminated end of a $6k SR power cord that he was reterminating and it was silver plated copper (not always for me ideal) but also that the internal cable geometry seemed haphazard and a bit more like diy. May be intentional winding but just didn’t look at all ordered or neat.

With regards to active resonance field generators in the end I’m really just not convinced that just adding more resonances is always going be the best solution, seems to me you could just be making for a more complex soup of distortions.

So the debate and challenge happening here seems to me perfectly reasonable.

But this is all on the edge of the unknown and in the end you can’t buy this stuff based on science, you have to just listen and choose and if it sounds great to you and makes you enjoy music more then that’s all you need to get out of it really.

Last edited:

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
Most times educating implies deeply understanding what we are criticizing or commenting. Considering that no one really understands the effects of power conditioning devices IMHO at best we can share experiences, not educate any one on them. BTW, I do not consider exposing ridiculous marketing claims as valuable education - many worthy products are guilty of it - although I understand people indignation with it. I always get nervous when I see a reference to "electrons" in audio litterature ... :)
Yes Professor! Thanks for that classroom lesson, very educational :cool:!

david

12elfthfloor

Apr 28, 2019
Thailand
I am using SR Powercell 12 UEF SE and Galileo PC. Also SR Active ground SE into a black duplex withe Powercell. All components grounded with SR HD wires. A Galileo PC also grounded into my Ayon preamp, and 2 blue fuses in Ayon Orthos XS. Results varied per incremental change but in their totality they have been a welcome improvement.

Reactions: 2glory

Billygxx

Nov 23, 2015
Thankyou Microstrip! Interesting how the perspective of those who own the gear and have extensively listened to the gear have a much different view than those who have heard it briefly or not at all. A huge part of this “hobby” is implementation. IMHO one has to listen to gear in multiple different set ups and rooms to have true insight on the performance potential of ANY audio component. Those who have spent years perfecting the cocktail that composed a great listening space achieved the right synergy rather than any specific produce line.
Many of my audiophile friends have very dogmatic views on what is good reproduced music. And many of them have achieved a very high level of beauty in their own systems. The problem is that most great systems are very different than the other great systems. Precisely why sharing our experiences is so helpful and judging without even hearing equipment is so useless. Why we have 2 ears and one mouth?

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Yes Professor! Thanks for that classroom lesson, very educational :cool:!

david

Thanks. Coming from you I take such comment with pride! ;)

ZionPOWER

Nov 24, 2019
It’s great that Synergistic Research products are working for you... there are clearly so many grey areas in this pursuit and in the end we have to ultimately just trust our perceptions since what we are going for is experience, and that is in the end just subjective judgement.

I’m not sure about the whole piling on thing here though but rather figure that some are just challenging what appear as assumptions and this is to be reasonably expected since Ted Denny clearly plays on the contentious edge of the weird science end of the spectrum.

My limited experiences of the SR products haven’t been convincing for me but to be honest that’s nothing really. A guy I know got all excited about the SR UFT vibraton dots. Now I can’t DBT the difference between vibraton and inflaton but the dots on dots off demonstration was in the way too subtle to say spectrum but certainly I wasn’t digging the music any more with the SR dots applied.

A mate (who is a tech) recently showed me inside the unterminated end of a $6k SR power cord that he was reterminating and it was silver plated copper (not always for me ideal) but also that the internal cable geometry seemed haphazard and a bit more like diy. May be intentional winding but just didn’t look at all ordered or neat.

With regards to active resonance field generators in the end I’m really just not convinced that just adding more resonances is always going be the best solution, seems to me you could just be making for a more complex soup of distortions.

So the debate and challenge happening here seems to me perfectly reasonable.

But this is all on the edge of the unknown and in the end you can’t buy this stuff based on science, you have to just listen and choose and if it sounds great to you and makes you enjoy music more then that’s all you need to get out of it really.

Hmm, your tech is right.

The DIY aesthetics of some of SR's product is a shame but, that comes from how they treat their workers and the quality of work they want to pay for.

I do believe you should be able to buy based on applied Physics.

Sound is Sound and what creates or governs it is just, imo.

Sound performance and Sound perception in my opinion is the muddiest area I see in the high-end audio world, but I'm also new here and have a bit to learn.

ZionPOWER

Nov 24, 2019
20191118_224147.jpg

If you can understand it, have it, finish it. I'm already beyond it.

There's a level in Power Conditioning that has been missing...

Zappadaddy

Dec 27, 2020
Czech rep
I like SR stuff, it is great only if it complete with their other stuff. I just ordered Powercell SX + SRX cable, after few days I heard brand new revolutionary cables with real fitration from mr. Sroll(Czech rep) and I almost falled down of shock how much an improvement over SR top stuff it was. I have not enough words to explain that I never heard any system to play like this before, and only because of excellent filtration with cables which also filtrate with whole lenghts of them.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing